The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Our DVD Donation campaign: help put the DVD in a Library near you  (Read 225922 times)

Offline B.W.

• Obsessed
Re: Our DVD Donation campaign: help put the DVD in a Library near you
« Reply #540 on: July 05, 2013, 11:32:16 PM »
It seems to me this discussion has not been active in a few years.  I wish there were more people on here everyday to dicusss BBM.  This is the first time I have joined this particular forum.  I have gotten in trouble on other forums in the past for copying-and pasting too much junk.  I'll try not to do that here because I really like what I have read on here since 2006 and don't want to cause any trouble. Do any of you still donate DVD's and Blu-rays of BBM to libraries.  I'd be too scared to. People are not very open-minded where I am currently staying with my husband in Michigan.  I am from NYC originally.  I saw BBM numerous times in theaters and on DVD.  I think they did a very disastisfying job on special features.

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
« Reply #541 on: July 06, 2013, 06:35:28 AM »
It seems to me this discussion has not been active in a few years.  I wish there were more people on here everyday to dicusss BBM.  This is the first time I have joined this particular forum.  I have gotten in trouble on other forums in the past for copying-and pasting too much junk.  I'll try not to do that here because I really like what I have read on here since 2006 and don't want to cause any trouble. Do any of you still donate DVD's and Blu-rays of BBM to libraries.  I'd be too scared to. People are not very open-minded where I am currently staying with my husband in Michigan.  I am from NYC originally.  I saw BBM numerous times in theaters and on DVD.  I think they did a very disastisfying job on special features.

I'm not sure if anyone still donates DVDs.  When this campaign of ours was in 'full swing', there was a lot of participation, from what I recall.

Offline gattaca

• Obsessed
  • How do you hide when you are running from yourself
« Reply #542 on: July 06, 2013, 04:15:10 PM »
I made donations to quite a few libs.  I offered them either a copy of the DVD or a Copy of "Close Range" as some did not have video lending sessions.  As I recall, I was totally turned down only once or twice.  In once case, the staff was quite polite, in the other she made no qualms about not liking the film, the book or having anything to do with it - pure bigot if there ever was one.  However, I found most librarians and staff quite receptive.  I have not donated any DVD's in a while since the film is available.   Cheers, V. 

Offline B.W.

• Obsessed
« Reply #543 on: July 07, 2013, 03:57:33 AM »
Well, yeah donating it now would seem a bit odd, the movie is practically eight years old.  It's an interesting thread though.

Offline B.W.

• Obsessed
« Reply #544 on: July 07, 2013, 04:00:53 AM »
How much money has BBM made from it's sales on DVD? Does anyone here know?