The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Brokeback Mountain Memorabilia  (Read 313412 times)

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
Re: Brokeback Mountain Memorabilia
« Reply #1575 on: April 14, 2018, 12:37:25 PM »
I got the pins earlier this week, they're great!  ;D

Offline BlueAmber63

• Striped socks and dusty shoes
  • Obsessed
« Reply #1576 on: April 14, 2018, 04:30:28 PM »
                                                         ^^^^

Happy for you Chuck  :)
Wanting him to come back... before anyone notices
part of the world has not moved...since he left.

Offline gwyllion

• Backpacker
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • burbubg passion!
    • AO3
« Reply #1577 on: November 05, 2018, 08:05:41 PM »
Auction:

Actor Heath Ledger's worn costume from the critically acclaimed and award-winning 2005 film, ''Brokeback Mountain.'' Three years after the release of the film, Ledger passed away at the young age of 29 at the height of his career. In the film, Ledger played Wyoming ranch-hand Ennis Del Mar, who has a love affair with aspiring rodeo rider Jack Twist, played by Jake Gyllenhaal. Ledger was nominated for both a Best Actor Golden Globe and Oscar, among other accolades, for his performance, considered one of the best of the 20th century. Costume includes a pair of worn ''Levi's 501 XX's'', size 34'' x 36''. Jeans are worn-in with dirt and wear in places, as would have been the case for a Wyoming ranch-hand. Gloves are also soft and worn, measuring 5'' x 9.5'', with the name ''ENNIS'' written on the inside of each in faded black marker. With a COA from Focus Features.

https://natedsanders.com/Heath_Ledger_s_Worn_Outfit_From___Brokeback_Mounta-LOT50626.aspx
"This is Thor, holding his hammer, Mjollnir. Who hasn’t heard him beating his anvil in the storm? Who doesn’t believe in mighty Thor, slayer of frost and fire?" -Athelstan (History Channel Vikings)

Offline heavenonearth

• Loyal HEATHEN
  • Obsessed
  • A Star is Born 1979-2008
« Reply #1578 on: November 05, 2018, 08:11:23 PM »
Auction:

Actor Heath Ledger's worn costume from the critically acclaimed and award-winning 2005 film, ''Brokeback Mountain.'' Three years after the release of the film, Ledger passed away at the young age of 29 at the height of his career. In the film, Ledger played Wyoming ranch-hand Ennis Del Mar, who has a love affair with aspiring rodeo rider Jack Twist, played by Jake Gyllenhaal. Ledger was nominated for both a Best Actor Golden Globe and Oscar, among other accolades, for his performance, considered one of the best of the 20th century. Costume includes a pair of worn ''Levi's 501 XX's'', size 34'' x 36''. Jeans are worn-in with dirt and wear in places, as would have been the case for a Wyoming ranch-hand. Gloves are also soft and worn, measuring 5'' x 9.5'', with the name ''ENNIS'' written on the inside of each in faded black marker. With a COA from Focus Features.

https://natedsanders.com/Heath_Ledger_s_Worn_Outfit_From___Brokeback_Mounta-LOT50626.aspx

Very nice. Good luck to all bidders!
I know a love that will never grow old.

Offline Gazapete

• Lost in Translation
  • Obsessed
« Reply #1579 on: November 05, 2018, 10:54:06 PM »
34 x 36! Those are some long legs!

Offline heavenonearth

• Loyal HEATHEN
  • Obsessed
  • A Star is Born 1979-2008
« Reply #1580 on: November 06, 2018, 04:20:00 AM »
34 x 36! Those are some long legs!

:) :) 8)
I know a love that will never grow old.

Offline Sara B

• Obsessed
« Reply #1581 on: December 11, 2018, 02:55:25 PM »
My son sent me this advert from a Facebook movie memorabilia selling group. I don’t have the $59000 to spare though.

“When we grow older still we’ll speak about those two young men as if they were two strangers..... And we’ll want to call it envy, because to call it regret would break our hearts.”

Call Me by Your Name, André Aciman.

Offline brian

• Obsessed
« Reply #1582 on: December 11, 2018, 03:03:48 PM »
That is only £35,600. Of course you would need to ship it over but I am sure it would really fit in, sitting outside your typical English cottage. Might bring quirky tourists to the village.

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #1583 on: December 11, 2018, 05:47:44 PM »
I'm a bit surprised he's selling it. Though he hasn't updated his website in a long time.

http://www.thebrokebacktruck.ca/

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #1584 on: December 12, 2018, 08:58:50 AM »
That is only £35,600. Of course you would need to ship it over but I am sure it would really fit in, sitting outside your typical English cottage. Might bring quirky tourists to the village.

Sara - Looking out window:  "Oh, how lovely!  More Brokies are outside in my yard!"

:laugh:

Offline Sara B

• Obsessed
« Reply #1585 on: December 12, 2018, 09:52:16 AM »
Sara - Looking out window:  "Oh, how lovely!  More Brokies are outside in my yard!"

:laugh:

Sara (thinks): “I feel I’m about to commit another English murder...” :D
“When we grow older still we’ll speak about those two young men as if they were two strangers..... And we’ll want to call it envy, because to call it regret would break our hearts.”

Call Me by Your Name, André Aciman.

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #1586 on: December 12, 2018, 10:03:00 AM »
Sara (thinks): “I feel I’m about to commit another English murder...” :D

:laugh:  :laugh: