The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Let's Get Serious About Jake II  (Read 885241 times)

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
Let's Get Serious About Jake II
« on: August 26, 2010, 06:55:13 PM »
This is where we talk about Jake's other movies, his cooking skills, his political activities, anything about him except how damn hot he is. Although some crossover is expected.  ;) 

Please keep Photo Image size to 640 X 480 and under 200KBs. 
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 07:13:21 PM by CellarDweller115 »

Offline gnash

• Obsessed
  • ʍous ƃuıɯoɔ ɟo lləɯs lɐʇəɯ əɥʇ
Re: Let's Get Serious About Jake II
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 07:04:51 PM »
Yes, I can see Jake in the old Cary Grant roles. I've always said he has the savoir faire of Cary and the elegance as well as some of the George Clooney roles when he gets a bit older.  I agree with you that money is a big draw for Jake and other stars, and who's to blame them. I also see him in roles like Matt Damon plays like a Borne type role. You know, an international spy or man of mystery. An Ang Lee film would be great as well.

hi nikki... yes, jake has the suave good looks to pull off that type of movie. maybe james bond 007 is in his future!

or maybe they'll remake some hitchcock films that jake can star in. :::SHUDDER::: ;)

oh yeah, i think jake will be good looking like clooney when he gets older, for sure! and taller! lol. george is spotted fairly often in studio city. he's almost always smiling, too. nice guy. likes mexican food. (i've seen him 5 or 6 times at mexicali, on the outdoor patio.)

"Brokeback is about a lost paradise, an Eden."  – Ang Lee

Offline george66

• Obsessed
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 07:15:57 PM »
No I can't see Jake playing Archie Leach. Cary Grant is too iconic. No matter what Jake will do with the role too many people will say characterture. Grant pretty much lived a charmed life. He had his moments of sadness and heartache but overall Grant had a life that was well lived.

Montgomery Clift however would be a more interesting role. Clift struggled his entire life with his bisexuality. He was always uncomfortable with fame. The turning point in his life was that horrible car accident that left him disfigured for which he never fully recovered from mentally. He was already a heavy drinking. After the accident it only increased and his career suffered because of it. In his personal life he became more reckless eventually leading to his early death at age 46 of heart attack. This is highly dramatic role. For more fascinating then Cary Grant.

george
Maybe he didn’t need to try so hard to reach for the sky anymore. He had found where he belonged, under Ennis, under the wings of this brown-eyed angel who would lift him up from the ground and take him to the sky so high, high until he could touch the stars.

A Dog Named Flea by Fridayblues

Offline gnash

• Obsessed
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 12:32:12 AM »
i didn't know archie leach was cary grant's real name!

errr, jake would have to lose some weight to play monty clift.

and what about his heavily lidded eyes. i don't know. i don't seem him as that. joe GL would be better suited for monty, i bet. but monty's life story is certainly more exciting, and tragic, yeah.

i don't know much about cary grant's life, but i bet a screenplay writer could spice it up enough and churn some sort of interesting screenplay out.... how about rock hudson? his life was more interesting, perhaps.

i still like the idea of jake playing joe namath as well. seeing their pics side by side was helpful. http://i42.tinypic.com/zt9heg.jpg

here's what he said about it in may:

"Yes, Joe Namath is something I've been involved in and developing and trying to make really, really right because you have to make it pretty badass if you're going to do it right," the actor said. "So we're trying to do that and it's taken a little while."

Offline chapeaugris

• Obsessed
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 06:11:47 AM »
I have a hard time imagining Jake portraying any well known person because his eyes are so distinctive. Can't see him as Cary Grant at all. (The only actor I can imagine playing CG is John Hamm from Mad Men.) If he plays Joe Namath they'll have to make him a prosthetic chin because imo that's Namath's most distinctive feature!

Offline gnash

• Obsessed
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 08:40:36 AM »
oh, i don't know. if the acting is good i can overlook the details like the chin. that would be an easy make-up trick, though. look what they did with charlize theron for MONSTER.

maybe just seeing jake in football pads will be enough!

in Aviator, leonardo dicaprio played howard hughes... i didn't reallly know what howard looked like, so when leo came along i just accepted it. maybe it will be that with jack's movies too, if he gets to play historical figures or old movie stars.

Offline trekfan

• Obsessed
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 08:50:01 AM »
just want to say hey.   hmmm discussing something serious involving Jake?   Well how about getting rid of that animal that is growing on his face (someone called it an animal and I thought it fit)

how many people, besides me, can't stand Jake with a beard?  I don't know many men who can pull off a beard (notice I didn't say NO man can but I can't really name many that can)

so I'll invest in a great razor, bring some top of the line shaving cream and uh Jake come over here and let me get you all nice and smooth   ;D :-*
"don't cry because it's over but smile because it
happened."

Offline gnash

• Obsessed
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2010, 08:52:54 AM »
don't forget to get his balls too. :D

we could tag team him!

i absolutely adore the facial hair. it gives him a natural look that's appealing, at least to me, the great thing about the beard now is that you know what he looks like under all that hardened protein. :D

and, he could play abraham lincoln!

Offline Jules

• The Silent Observer
  • Obsessed
  • Jake's CCC
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2010, 08:54:44 AM »

how many people, besides me, can't stand Jake with a beard? 

I'll never say this often enough, Jake: GET. RID. OF. THAT. ANIMAL BEARD.

:D
"Truth is, sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline Jules

• The Silent Observer
  • Obsessed
  • Jake's CCC
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2010, 09:01:17 AM »
Stubble is fine. Perfect Jake is 2-days-stubble Jake, imo.

Offline gnash

• Obsessed
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2010, 09:17:38 AM »
oh come ON! don't women like to let the hair on their legs grow out once in a while... ? ;) :D

just be glad jake's beard isn't really over the top! handlebar mustache? or what about chin braids? you never know!

Offline Jules

• The Silent Observer
  • Obsessed
  • Jake's CCC
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2010, 09:25:13 AM »
oh come ON! don't women like to let the hair on their legs grow out once in a while... ? ;) :D

Yes, but you'll never see a picture of them  ;)

Offline gnash

• Obsessed
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2010, 09:36:46 AM »
love and other drugs seems to be getting really favorable reviews. i'm seriously looking forward to seeing him with anne hathaway again. the story seems a bit eeeeeh (it's so easy to hate the pharmaceutical companies), but it sounds both funny and sad from the incoming reviews. and the amount of nudity, or semi-nudity, sounds interesting too.

picturing jake in a merkin, and anne in a merkin too, makes me chuckle. i wonder if star-merkins ever end up on eBay, or if they're destroyed after use.

in the other thread, catia posted links to the jimmy kimmel interview where jake spoke about merkins... now i can't help but wonder if merkins were used in the filming of BBM, either between jake/heath, jake/lureen, or heath/michelle.

LOL. i just googled hairy female legs..   http://offtrackplanet.com/discover-otp/inspiration/the-hairiest-cultures-around-the-world/

let's just say jake is off the hook. not in a missy elliot sort of way, but he's okay. so, he may be embracing his inner tom selleck by getting all sexy otter on us, but that's O-tay. he must get his hairy genes from his mom -- i think swedish men are fairly smooth, no?

Offline Jules

• The Silent Observer
  • Obsessed
  • Jake's CCC
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2010, 09:47:00 AM »
The inner Tom Selleck is too funny  :D A little less funny are those pubic hair... :o that picture is so wrong!!  :D

I can't wait to see the film, too. I don't care about the plot that much, as I said I don't like romantic comedies, but whilst I wait for another really good director to choose Jake for a very good movie I won't miss any of his films.

Offline Nikki

• Ephemera
  • Obsessed
  • Never enough time, never enough
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2010, 10:30:38 AM »
Those shots of hairy men and women (girl in the bikini) were pretty revolting.  The guy lying on his back with a black rug of hair just about did me in!  Where is my razor - quick. :o
The shirts hanging on a nail shudder slightly in the draft.

If he does not force his attention on it, it might stoke the day, rewarm that old, cold time on the mountain when they owned the world and nothing seemed wrong.

Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive
But to be young was very heaven!