The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: News and Current Events - 2013 to 2014  (Read 774252 times)

Offline Pepe1

• Expert
Re: News and Current Events - 2013 to 2014
« Reply #5685 on: December 28, 2016, 03:39:17 PM »

And George Michael. I never heard a song of his that I disliked. I was always impressed that his voice was so clear; you could here every word of the lyrics. And back in the ancient days of the early 1980s--oh, Lordy, would I have gone there!

Agreed on all counts!  ;)   Looked like a Greek God, sang like an angel and wrote some beautiful songs, he will be seriously missed.

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
« Reply #5686 on: December 28, 2016, 05:36:46 PM »

Hello members!!!!  The Admin/Mod/Tech team is coming to you with news for the new year.

When this forum was originally founded, it was under the URL we all know, www.DaveCullen.com, however, it was often referred to as the "Ultimate Brokeback Forum".  Dave's website had a link to the forum, and the two entities were joined as one.

For a host of technical reasons beyond Dave’s technical ability, he needs to turn his website over to a service that can handle much of the work—and it can’t support the massive forum database. Dave really wants the forum to proceed, so the solution is simple: just split Dave’s personal pages and the forum to two separate web addresses. Everything else remains the same.

To continue to follow Dave Cullen, you can use the existing address,   www.DaveCullen.com .

To access the Ultimate Brokeback Forum, you will need to bookmark this new address:   https://www.UltimateBrokebackForum.com/forum.

We expect this change to take place within a week's time, and there should be no major disruption to the forum.   While the UBF will no longer be linked to DCF,  Dave Cullen will retain his ownership of both sites. 

Please continue to watch the threads/newsbox for further updates!  We will attempt to give you all 24 hours notice before the change takes place.  However, you should make note of the new address now.  If you try to log in at the old address and you are unable to, try to use the new address.  Thanks for your continued participation in this community!

« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 06:11:51 PM by Dave Cullen »

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #5687 on: December 31, 2016, 10:50:04 AM »

Glad to see the forum continuing after over a decade!

Happy New Year 2013 - 2014 to those on the Current Events thread!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #5688 on: January 01, 2017, 08:30:44 AM »
And we being the year with another nightclub massacre, this one in Istanbul.  :(

Offline Pepe1

• Expert
« Reply #5689 on: January 01, 2017, 12:04:45 PM »
Glad to see the forum continuing after over a decade!

Happy New Year 2013 - 2014 to those on the Current Events thread!

Yea why is the date not right in here, I have asked that a few times!