The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Pets and Other Animal Friends II  (Read 338113 times)

Offline Sara B

• Obsessed
Re: Pets and Other Animal Friends II
« Reply #3060 on: July 07, 2021, 01:37:30 PM »
Wow!

And the wave in Seoul too!

Both brilliant!

I always wonder, why do so many calico cats have that asymmetric half black face? My Alice did too.

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
« Reply #3061 on: July 07, 2021, 02:28:32 PM »
very cool display!

Offline rmperalta

• Feet Wet
« Reply #3062 on: July 14, 2021, 09:25:23 PM »
My dog recently got diagnosed with ehrlichiosis (the neighbor's dog has ticks/fleas, ugh) and is currently undergoing treatment. He finishes on the 23rd, but he has a follow-up (follow-PUP) checkup tomorrow, so I'm hoping and praying he's doing better. <3

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #3063 on: July 15, 2021, 05:31:27 AM »
Hello Regina.   I'm sorry to hear about your pet!   Please let us know how he's doing.

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #3064 on: November 10, 2021, 07:07:26 PM »
TinyKittens has a new momma.

Georgia, who gave birth to 4 healthy kittens on 11/8.  They had to be taken from her for the first 24 hours, she was a blood type b, and the kittens were blood type A.  Because of this, the kittens had to be put in an incubator and hand fed until their immunity would allow them to be able to nurse on their mom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9J-qQrHyjc&ab_channel=TinyKittensHQ

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #3065 on: November 23, 2021, 05:21:02 PM »

Updates on the TinyKittens families.

This link is the two feral mommas who are raising their kittens together.   Mora gave birth to her kittens on September 18th (9 weeks ago - Birdie & Burton).   Shiner gave birth to her kittens on October 4th (7 weeks ago - Bogie and Bacall).

The four kittens are doing well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOwC0CbtJSs

This link is to stray momma Georgia.   She's super friendly, so working with her has been no challenge.  She gave birth to 4 kittens on November 7th (2 weeks ago - Button, Puffball, Toad, Enoki).

Her four kittens are doing well, and their eyes are just starting to open.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9J-qQrHyjc

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #3066 on: December 14, 2021, 09:45:35 PM »
Updates on the TinyKittens families.

This link is the two feral mommas who are raising their kittens together.   Mora gave birth to her kittens on September 18th (9 weeks ago - Birdie & Burton).   Shiner gave birth to her kittens on October 4th (7 weeks ago - Bogie and Bacall).

The four kittens are doing well.

This link is no longer active.   All four kittens reached the age they could be weaned and adopted, and each pair went to a forever home.  The mothers opted to keep their "feral cards" (as they call it on that channel), meaning they refused to be tamed, and they were released back to their feral community, after being checked by a vet, and spayed.

This link is to stray momma Georgia.   She's super friendly, so working with her has been no challenge.  She gave birth to 4 kittens on November 7th (2 weeks ago - Button, Puffball, Toad, Enoki).

Her four kittens are doing well, and their eyes are just starting to open.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9J-qQrHyjc

This link is still up and working.  The kittens are doing well, and beginning to adapt to eating solid food, so they will be weaned soon, and adopted as well.

Momma Georgia is super friendly, and enjoys human company, so there will be no problem adopting her.

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #3067 on: January 25, 2022, 09:16:25 PM »

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #3068 on: January 25, 2022, 09:35:51 PM »
Great!

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline Flyboy

• A gentle word will calm the wrath...
  • Obsessed
« Reply #3069 on: February 05, 2022, 06:11:10 PM »
I've always heard that Pet Lovers are simply people who are looking for affection. Hmmmm? I wonder if this is really true? It's especially been noted about Dog Lovers, cause a Dog that you FEED, and let sit on your Lap?? It will be TRUE BLUE to you forever, and show MORE affection than you'd EVER get from another Human Being, am I right? A Dog is LOYAL to the end, no matter what! Human Beings come and go, Wax and Wane, but a Dog? NOPE, Loyal to the End, long as you FEED IT!!  ;D ;D ;D..........I also have MANY friends and relatives who SWEAR you can tell a person's true being, or worth, by how they treat a pet, or a Dog. Interesting to me!  ;)

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #3070 on: March 17, 2022, 02:35:16 PM »

The TinyKittens channel has more kittens!

:)

The organization recently got a black cat they named BT, and she appears to be friendly.   They were trying to listen to kitten heartbeats before she gave birth, and couldn't hear them over momma's purring as she was being handled.

:laugh:

She went into labor last night, and had 5 kittens.  They aren't named yet, but here are the stats (time of birth, sex, and type):

1) 8:32 PM, female-117g, calico; 2) 8:48 PM, female-116g, torbie; 3) 9:19 PM, female-102g, calico; 4) 9:54 PM, male-118g, tuxie; 5) 10:44 PM, male-106g, panther

If you want to see them, here is a link to the live feed of the indoor nesting room.

Offline Sara B

• Obsessed
« Reply #3071 on: March 18, 2022, 05:22:06 AM »
I've always heard that Pet Lovers are simply people who are looking for affection. Hmmmm? I wonder if this is really true? It's especially been noted about Dog Lovers, cause a Dog that you FEED, and let sit on your Lap?? It will be TRUE BLUE to you forever, and show MORE affection than you'd EVER get from another Human Being, am I right? A Dog is LOYAL to the end, no matter what! Human Beings come and go, Wax and Wane, but a Dog? NOPE, Loyal to the End, long as you FEED IT!!  ;D ;D ;D..........I also have MANY friends and relatives who SWEAR you can tell a person's true being, or worth, by how they treat a pet, or a Dog. Interesting to me!  ;)

I think there is some truth in it, as far as I’m concerned anyway. I just know that in the weeks after I had my little cat Cecily put to sleep, as well as feeling her loss very much the house felt so empty with no other living creature in it (well, apart from spiders, flies etc!). I rarely feel lonely, but I did during that time until I got Benny, and it was the same after I lost the two cats before Cecily.

Luckily Benny is a very affectionate and lively boy, and a good lap-sitter. I’ll try a post a recent photo.

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #3072 on: March 18, 2022, 09:34:06 AM »
Thanks for posting this, Sara!  I've been meaning to ask about Benny and how he was.

I don't have a pet now, my apartment building doesn't allow them, but I was raised with pets.  Mom always felt that the house should have extra life in it, aside from the humans that lived there.

Mom also said that you should watch how people are with animals.  If someone will mistreat an animal, they will mistreat another person as well.

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #3073 on: March 18, 2022, 12:31:51 PM »
Yes, it was so nice when we had Orangy, though Earl was already retired when he found us in West Virginia, so Earl took care of him a lot of the time, and at the cabin in WV he could run around unleashed quite a bit. At home he could run around to a limited degree in the fenced backyard. Still, I really can't see getting another pet quite yet. We've got neighborhood cats and dogs to play with.

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #3074 on: March 20, 2022, 10:05:12 AM »
The organization recently got a black cat they named BT, and she appears to be friendly.   They were trying to listen to kitten heartbeats before she gave birth, and couldn't hear them over momma's purring as she was being handled.

:laugh:

She went into labor last night, and had 5 kittens.  They aren't named yet, but here are the stats (time of birth, sex, and type):

1) 8:32 PM, female-117g, calico; 2) 8:48 PM, female-116g, torbie; 3) 9:19 PM, female-102g, calico; 4) 9:54 PM, male-118g, tuxie; 5) 10:44 PM, male-106g, panther

If you want to see them, here is a link to the live feed of the indoor nesting room.

Just an update on BT.   The kittens were being given supplemental formula for the first few days, because BT was not producing enough milk for 5 kittens.   On top of that, she was having bouts of diarrhea  and vomiting.  It turns out that when cats give birth to their kittens, the mother will eat the placenta.  So, after eating 5 placentas, her stomach was rebelling.

Mom is doing fine now, and her milk production has increased, so there is no longer any need for supplemental feedings.