The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: TV Right Now: The Good, the Bad, and the Totally Sucky - Volume 2  (Read 502773 times)

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
Re: TV Right Now: The Good, the Bad, and the Totally Sucky - Volume 2
« Reply #7275 on: October 04, 2019, 12:00:29 PM »
^^^

Indeed!

Did you watch L&O: SVU last night, Jeff? I thought the psychiatrist aspect with the three detectives was an interesting way to tell/get to the story of the rape victim in the episode. Most episodes of the series all concern the sexual crime victims as worthy of help and their problem needs solving and it was interesting to see what these people have to go through when the victim is what most of us would call a nut case. Nicely done.

Also interesting: The department needs new detectives. They are so short-handed! (It makes me wonder if the show was told they need to cut expenses or something?)  It could also lead to a new character(s).

However, the short-handed work staff also made the "nut case" character having to be dealt with properly even more sympathy inducing for those who do this work.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #7276 on: October 04, 2019, 12:07:55 PM »
Did you watch L&O: SVU last night, Jeff?

Pardon my language, but SHIT! Once again it was completely off my radar. Why, oh why, does that keep happening?  :">

I watched Bell, Book, and Candle on TCM while I was busy getting ready to go out of town later this afternoon. The movie was over at 10 p.m., so there was no reason I couldn't have watched L.&.O: S.V.U., except that I completely forgot about it.  >:(

Maybe I can catch up on it on the NBC website in a few days.  ::)

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #7277 on: October 04, 2019, 12:17:11 PM »

That happened to me last week, if you recall Jeff!

If you meant "in a few days" in terms of waiting for NBC to put it on their website,
it is up there now! NBC, for me anyway, is the easiest network etc. to watch their
programming, I have very little trouble finding their shows online if I miss something
when it's broadcast. You can just watch them. No signing in or registering or whatnot.

If you meant in a few days because that's when you'll have time, that's different!
But here's the link anyway, whether you need it or not:
https://www.nbc.com/law-and-order-special-victims-unit/episodes

Offline gattaca

• Obsessed
  • How do you hide when you are running from yourself
« Reply #7278 on: October 04, 2019, 04:50:44 PM »
...  And there are two very hunky young firefighters, Eddie and Buck. IMO those two alone are worth the price of admission!

Oh yeah, there are many youtube vids so wishing these two hunks would find a way to be more that co-workers... :)  We haven't had a good setup since Jude and Zero..  V  :)

Offline Flyboy

• A gentle word will calm the wrath...
  • Obsessed
« Reply #7279 on: October 06, 2019, 09:56:31 AM »
Now I'm hooked on a Netflix series called The Politician! Quite a cast on this one. Seasoned Actors too....Jessica Lange, Gwenyth Paltrow, Judith Light, Bob Balaban, Bette Midler, Martina Navratilova(didn't know she acted!), Dylan McDerrmont, January Jones(?), Richard Wharton, others I'm not familiar with, and of course, the young Actors playing High School students, don't know them either. It's certainly an off-beat series, but one I'm attracted to anyway!  ;D

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #7280 on: October 06, 2019, 04:51:40 PM »
That happened to me last week, if you recall Jeff!

If you meant "in a few days" in terms of waiting for NBC to put it on their website,
it is up there now! NBC, for me anyway, is the easiest network etc. to watch their
programming, I have very little trouble finding their shows online if I miss something
when it's broadcast. You can just watch them. No signing in or registering or whatnot.

If you meant in a few days because that's when you'll have time, that's different!
But here's the link anyway, whether you need it or not:
https://www.nbc.com/law-and-order-special-victims-unit/episodes

Thanks, Lyle. I meant both, actually. I haven't yet learned how soon any network puts episodes of shows on its website. I also didn't have time.

I haven't had that much trouble with Fox. Sometimes I have to play around a bit and restart, and I've had to deal with commercials, but that isn't much different from having to deal with them when you watch the show when it's broadcast.

I will be trying to watch tomorrow's 9-1-1 episode online later in the week. I have something tomorrow I can't really skip. If I have to miss it altogether, at least I already know what's most important of all to me.

Oh yeah, there are many youtube vids so wishing these two hunks would find a way to be more that co-workers... :)  We haven't had a good setup since Jude and Zero..  V  :)

Thanks to Eddie and Buck, I've learned a new word: shipping.  ;D

I don't know who Jude and Zero are.

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #7281 on: October 07, 2019, 01:29:56 PM »

Jude Law and Zero Mostel?

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #7282 on: October 07, 2019, 01:32:22 PM »
Thanks, Lyle. I meant both, actually. I haven't yet learned how soon any network puts episodes of shows on its website. I also didn't have time.

It depends on the network a lot, so it isn't consistent.

I will be trying to watch tomorrow's 9-1-1 episode online later in the week. I have something tomorrow I can't really skip. If I have to miss it altogether, at least I already know what's most important of all to me.

I, too, have another engagement again tonight so will have to watch it later in the week.

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #7283 on: October 07, 2019, 01:52:39 PM »

David Harbour is going to be the guest host on SNL next weekend.

Offline Flyboy

• A gentle word will calm the wrath...
  • Obsessed
« Reply #7284 on: October 07, 2019, 06:05:37 PM »
He's on one of the late night talk shows tonight.....shoot, forgot which one!! LOL...Seth? I think so..... :o

Offline gattaca

• Obsessed
« Reply #7285 on: October 08, 2019, 04:17:22 PM »
I don't know who Jude and Zero are.[/font][/size]

shipping oh hell yes!  Eddie and Buck  lol..  8)

Jude and Zero are from early in "Hit the Floor" Quite good story line for them when condensed. They were very, very popular in the YT covers. Search for Jude Zero / hit the floor in youtube  :o vids..  Samples below:

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPJk9hoqs2E
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETruLMvJpvM   (This is my personal favorite... the guy did an kick ass job with his cover!!!)
> https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUf8wKb-Ckbmph3FDHncDEzDG0NMz8nm5&app=desktop 

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 03:38:25 AM by gattaca »

Offline gattaca

• Obsessed
« Reply #7286 on: October 08, 2019, 04:37:51 PM »
For our big Sci-Fi fans. I'm eager awaiting mid December.  "The Expanse" guys just posted their most recent trailer.  Even if you are not a fan, you might want to watch this 2 mins.  The speech in the background is chilling and should rock your world. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Jc76QrX5Vg 

This is the one thing I'll give Bezos a pass on.  He's the only reason this show was renewed.  Love it.  V.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 03:39:54 AM by gattaca »

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #7287 on: October 08, 2019, 06:00:15 PM »
shipping oh hell yes!  Eddie and Buck  lol..  8)

Jude and Zero are the guys from early in "Hit the Floor"  Some eye candy just for you.  Can spend hours as they were very, very popular.  Just search for Jude Zero / hit the floor in youtube  :o vids..  :)

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPJk9hoqs2E
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETruLMvJpvM   (This is MY personal favorite... the guy did an kick ass job!!!)
> https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUf8wKb-Ckbmph3FDHncDEzDG0NMz8nm5&app=desktop 

Enjoy!

Thank you. I guess I should look up the show before I watch these, because I've never heard of the show either.

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #7288 on: October 09, 2019, 12:22:01 PM »
He's on one of the late night talk shows tonight.....shoot, forgot which one!! LOL...Seth? I think so..... :o

Yes it was Seth. I'm going to still see it this week, but haven't yet. I love Seth's monologues.
The SNL hosts are usually a guest on either The Tonight Show or Late Night with Seth Meyers,
or both, because they film in the same building. And Lorne Michaels produces the Late Show,
at least, not sure if he's involved with Tonight Show.

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #7289 on: October 09, 2019, 12:29:25 PM »

Jeff, I watched the third tidal wave episode of 9-1-1, so don't read if you haven't.
(If you keep reading you'll see that I didn't say anything about the episode)

I signed in to watch it On Demand like I watched it last week and they haven't put episode three on there yet. And, stranger, they no longer had episode 2 on there, just episode 1. (Why?) So I went to the Fox website and signed in with the "provider" info and they didn't have Ep. 3 on there either. So I signed out, but when I did it had that Fox preview screen where you can watch for an hour and they did have the episode there. (This makes no sense.) But I decided to watch it, but then you have to watch it with clock countdown at the top of the screen. Not only that, it switched to another show 5 minutes before the episode was over. (Why? I don't know...) So I switched back and sure enough, I could watch the last few minutes. WTF?

I should've just waited as it'd probably be up on On Demand today.  Also, when I was watching it on the Fox site there was a lot of buffering issues on occasion.

You can never know if you're using a computer what you might encounter if that's where you want to watch something. Each website makes you jump through so many hoops.

Now I don't feel like talking about the episode, heh, I'll just wait until you do!