The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Classic TV  (Read 452613 times)

Offline garyd

• Obsessed
Re: Classic TV
« Reply #105 on: March 04, 2013, 05:15:24 PM »
I wasn't here yet ::) for the real Davy Crockett craze,

:D
Must admit I was around for the original Davy Crockett tv show.
I have a pic of me, somewhere, in my "coon skin cap" along with the official Davy Crockett mug and dinner plate.
If I can find it, I definitely will NOT post.  ;)

Offline bubba

• Obsessed
  • love is a force of nature
« Reply #106 on: March 04, 2013, 05:17:29 PM »
 :D  My son lives in Northern Ontario, I think he has been up there too long.  He often wears a animal fur hat!   He wears moccasins and the whole bit - it is a good look if you can pull it off. 
There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?

Offline Ennis Del Mark

• Obsessed
  • The first sign of life in four years...
« Reply #107 on: March 04, 2013, 05:45:53 PM »
Did we mention Hazel yet?

I LOVE "Hazel" and Shirley Booth!  She won Emmys for the first two seasons!

I was re-watching this DVD (season 1) last weekend, in fact!  Seasons 1-4 are available on DVD and hopefully season 5 (the last one) will become available soon!

Offline Ennis Del Mark

• Obsessed
  • The first sign of life in four years...
« Reply #108 on: March 04, 2013, 05:47:39 PM »
And speaking of Hazel, those of you who love the show and the superb Ms. Booth, watch this clip--it's hysterical!

Hazel reviews Les Miserables - YouTube

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7jeDbucjFo

Offline suelyblu

• Striped socks and dusty shoes
  • Obsessed
    • suelyblu
« Reply #109 on: March 04, 2013, 06:21:44 PM »
http://www.google.co.uk/webhp?source=search_app#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=pictures+of+the+lone+ranger+and+tonto&oq=stills+from+the+lone+ranger+and+&gs_l=hp.1.0.0i22.3710.15258.1.17434.16.16.0.0.0.0.266.1945.2j13j1.16.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1.5.psy-ab.3helUM3xi1k&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.43148975,d.d2k&fp=207c2cbbd37f5283&biw=1366&bih=667

Never missed an episode of this when I was a kid ! Later on when I learned that the guy who played Tonto was a real Native   American and his name was Jay Silverheels.....I was agog !!!

What was the intro ?? "With a fiery horse , the speed of light ..... something.....something and a hearty hi yo silver !" My memory fails me !!!!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 06:28:48 PM by suelyblu »
"I  know that ghosts have wondered on the earth,
 Be with me always. Take any form. Drive me mad,
 only do not leave me in the dark alone, where I cannot
 find you.
 I cannot live without my life.
 I cannot die without my soul.

Offline bubba

• Obsessed
« Reply #110 on: March 04, 2013, 06:30:19 PM »
And speaking of Hazel, those of you who love the show and the superb Ms. Booth, watch this clip--it's hysterical!

Hazel reviews Les Miserables - YouTube

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7jeDbucjFo

Oh MY GOD!  :D  Okay Les Mis is a my favourite musical of all time and I have never heard it described like that.   I haven't seen Hazel since I was a kid, it is so strange that it has always stuck in my head.  Now I know why, she is a riot.......and his face!!  :D
There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?

Offline bubba

• Obsessed
« Reply #111 on: March 04, 2013, 06:35:35 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxIuIxqo2So

Is this the one (Lone Ranger)?

;D

Offline bubba

• Obsessed
« Reply #112 on: March 04, 2013, 06:43:59 PM »

Offline suelyblu

• Obsessed
    • suelyblu
« Reply #113 on: March 04, 2013, 06:49:59 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxIuIxqo2So

Is this the one (Lone Ranger)?

;D

Yup ! That's the very one ! Thanks.

Did Clayton Moore who plays the Lone Ranger.......ever do anything else.....or Jay Silverheels if it comes to that?. I could check it out on the net ....but it will give somebody else something to do !!!!! ;) ;D
 find you.

Offline suelyblu

• Obsessed
    • suelyblu
« Reply #114 on: March 04, 2013, 06:51:08 PM »
 find you.

Offline bubba

• Obsessed
« Reply #115 on: March 04, 2013, 06:52:04 PM »
http://pinterest.com/rarntgo/those-were-the-days/

Here is a neat site, it has shows and other things......and that is where I got that tasty TV dinner!  :D

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #116 on: March 04, 2013, 08:17:26 PM »
Did Clayton Moore who plays the Lone Ranger.......ever do anything else.....or Jay Silverheels if it comes to that?. I could check it out on the net ....but it will give somebody else something to do !!!!! ;) ;D

Well, afterward, Clayton Moore made a career of appearing as the Long Ranger. Things got very nasty when the producers of the 1980 flop movie The Legend of the Lone Ranger got an injunction to stop him making appearances as TLR because, they said, they were afraid he would somehow damage their movie.  ::)

I know of at least one episode from the first season of Daniel Boone where Jay Silverheels appeared as (what else?) an Indian chief.

Easy enough to look them both up at IMDb.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #117 on: March 04, 2013, 08:21:01 PM »
Do you have a PVR Jeff, they are great and only a few dollars a month, I tape everything!

A what?  ;D

By now it must be well more than twenty years since I last recorded anything. Last time I recorded something, people still used videotape.  ;D

No, I stopped recording stuff when I realized I was accumulating piles and piles of recordings and I never found the time to watch any of them.  :-\ 

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #118 on: March 04, 2013, 08:28:22 PM »
I have a pic of me, somewhere, in my "coon skin cap" along with the official Davy Crockett mug and dinner plate.

I wonder if it was the same outfit that brought out a similar "official" Daniel Boone set? I've seen the Daniel Boone dinner set on eBay. It included a plate, a mug, and a bowl. The plate has a picture of Daniel and Mingo; I managed to buy one of those a few years ago. The bowl had a picture of Daniel in the center, and I'm not really sure about the mug. I've only seen one picture of the full set, and it appears that maybe Yadkin was on the mug.

Offline bubba

• Obsessed
« Reply #119 on: March 04, 2013, 08:31:28 PM »
A what?  ;D

By now it must be well more than twenty years since I last recorded anything. Last time I recorded something, people still used videotape.  ;D

No, I stopped recording stuff when I realized I was accumulating piles and piles of recordings and I never found the time to watch any of them.  :-\ 

Well I did too and then you were stuck with all those stupid VHS tapes.  This is great because they are stored on the TV, you record shows that are on at a time when you can't see them.  Or shows that are on when maybe you are watching something else, or you just don't have time to watch.

And if you get a bunch on there and you don't feel you will ever get to them.......you just hit delete!   ;D