The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Classic TV  (Read 451017 times)

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
Re: Classic TV
« Reply #135 on: March 05, 2013, 01:53:42 PM »

This thread is obviously interesting, but does anyone else find it also a bit overwhelming?
Veering from one thing to an opposite thing on a whim and then wanting to write a dozen
posts all at once? That might get old or repetitive.

Maybe we should have one genre a week, like westerns, sitcoms, sci-fi, game shows or the like.
Or one theme, like movie stars making guest appearances on series, or shows we love who had
gay actors on them (!) or favorite holiday episodes or the like.  Something like the topic of the
week used to be.

Just some ideas thrown out there. The thread is new and enjoyable, but I fear it will become
too overwhelming. So many posts have gone by all ready that I wanted to answer or talk
about and if that happens you don't really feel like going back.

ALSO:  Can the thread be moved to the TV & MUSIC section now where it's right in the line of sight!
(Hey another theme: Shows with great/favorite theme songs.)

Offline bubba

• Obsessed
  • love is a force of nature
« Reply #136 on: March 05, 2013, 03:38:33 PM »
I agree with you 100 percent, lets do that!

Actually I am in back in school right now and I have just been hit with a shit load of assignments, so Lyle baby, take the wheel........please!!!!   :D
There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?

Offline Ennis Del Mark

• Obsessed
  • The first sign of life in four years...
« Reply #137 on: March 05, 2013, 05:11:19 PM »
If we do this then can we include shows from the 1980s, too?

Online Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #138 on: March 05, 2013, 05:30:12 PM »
You should never have brought up Tarzan because it's only classic TV if you're talking
about the Ron Ely tv series in the 60's! And nobody has yet! Lol!

I mentioned it three days ago.  ::)

;D

Offline Ennis Del Mark

• Obsessed
« Reply #139 on: March 05, 2013, 05:33:19 PM »
Yes you did, Jeff.  I'll vouch for you. 

Oh, Ron Ely!  Of course Tarzan is my fantasy dream figure anyway.

Fridays were so stressful as I had Ron on NBC and at the same time Robert Conrad and Ross Martin on CBS!

OK someone who can post, post a picture of that divine Wild Wild West credit sequence with the boot, etc.

Online Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #140 on: March 05, 2013, 05:36:58 PM »

I remember when Gloria Swanson guest starred on The Beverly Hillbillies. The Clampetts wanted to make a silent movie. When the head of the studio they owned protested, Mr. Drysdale said he didn't care if the Clampetts wanted to make a movie without film.  ;D The film had its world premiere at the Bijoux Theater in Bugtussel.  ;D

And I loved Swanson TV Dinners when I was a kid, loved them because they were different and therefore a treat, as was a trip to McDonald's back in those days. When I was a small boy my mother didn't have a job outside the home, so ordinarily we had a home-cooked dinner every night. So on the rare occasions when we got to eat out of little aluminum trays, I loved it! (I liked the chopped steak and gravy best.)

Online Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #141 on: March 05, 2013, 05:38:49 PM »

Online Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #142 on: March 05, 2013, 05:43:27 PM »
Yes you did, Jeff.  I'll vouch for you.

Thank you!  :) 

Oh, Ron Ely!  Of course Tarzan is my fantasy dream figure anyway.

Fridays were so stressful as I had Ron on NBC and at the same time Robert Conrad and Ross Martin on CBS!

I guess that explains why we didn't watch Wild, Wild West at my house when I was a kid; we were watching Tarzan.  :-\

It might also be that the local TV station was an NBC affilate, and so the reception of NBC was better than the reception of CBS.  :D

Seeing as how all this was before cable, everyone we knew had an antenna on the roof, and ours was hooked up to a device we called a 'tenna-rotor, to turn the antenna for better reception!  :D

Online Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #143 on: March 05, 2013, 05:45:28 PM »

How odd. I recognized "Uncle Martin" right away, but I didn't think that looked like Bill Bixby. Must be the camera angle.  :-\

Online Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #144 on: March 05, 2013, 05:49:21 PM »

OK, I give up. I live in a cave. Who's that with Roddy McDowell? I'm sure I should know who he is, but I just don't recognize him.  :-\

Offline Ennis Del Mark

• Obsessed
« Reply #145 on: March 05, 2013, 05:53:46 PM »
I think it's Tab Hunter.

Roddy (and Bill in the picture before that) sure got better looking as they got older (and had longer hair)!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 06:01:50 PM by Ennis Del Mark »

Offline Ennis Del Mark

• Obsessed
« Reply #146 on: March 05, 2013, 05:57:46 PM »
I remember when Gloria Swanson guest starred on The Beverly Hillbillies. The Clampetts wanted to make a silent movie. When the head of the studio they owned protested, Mr. Drysdale said he didn't care if the Clampetts wanted to make a movie without film.  ;D The film had its world premiere at the Bijoux Theater in Bugtussel.  ;D

And I loved Swanson TV Dinners when I was a kid, loved them because they were different and therefore a treat, as was a trip to McDonald's back in those days. When I was a small boy my mother didn't have a job outside the home, so ordinarily we had a home-cooked dinner every night. So on the rare occasions when we got to eat out of little aluminum trays, I loved it! (I liked the chopped steak and gravy best.)

Oh, yeah!  I loved getting to have a TV dinner whenever Mama and Daddy were going out to a party or something!  It was a special treat! 

I love that episode of HILLBILLIES.  I remember how Granny was always bragging how everyone used to say that she looked like Gloria Swanson!

Offline Ennis Del Mark

• Obsessed
« Reply #147 on: March 05, 2013, 06:00:48 PM »

Seeing as how all this was before cable, everyone we knew had an antenna on the roof, and ours was hooked up to a device we called a 'tenna-rotor, to turn the antenna for better reception!  :D

We got cable TV in our town in 1965, when I was six!  I think it was maybe ten channels but boy, did we think it was neat!

We got our first color TV complete with remote control in 1969.  A big ol' Zenith.

Offline garyd

• Obsessed
« Reply #148 on: March 05, 2013, 06:35:12 PM »
I think it's Tab Hunter.

Roddy (and Bill in the picture before that) sure got better looking as they got older (and had longer hair)!

Speaking of Tab Hunter, yes it is him in the pic, want to see something fun?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJzsryffz5s
Watch all the way through and you will get links to others.

Online Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #149 on: March 05, 2013, 08:55:30 PM »
Speaking of Tab Hunter, yes it is him in the pic.

Thanks!  :)