The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: What Are You Listening to Right Now? - Volume 5  (Read 314378 times)

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
Re: What Are You Listening to Right Now? - Volume 5
« Reply #1605 on: October 03, 2020, 05:43:36 PM »

Rihanna - "We Found Love"   -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg00YEETFzg  (skip ahead to the 50 second mark for the music to start)

2CΞLLOS -  "We Found Love"  -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Am_VZFps9o 

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #1606 on: October 03, 2020, 05:48:17 PM »

Rolling Stones - "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction"   -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEjkftp7J7I

2CΞLLOS -  "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction"  -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur2xKG-3seE

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #1607 on: October 03, 2020, 07:38:18 PM »
It's a good thing they use electric cellos as I don't think you can treat expensive wooden cellos like that.
"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward."
... Kierkegaard

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #1608 on: October 03, 2020, 07:40:27 PM »
lmao!   I hadn't thought of that!!!

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #1609 on: October 06, 2020, 03:22:24 PM »
Edward Lodewijk Van Halen (/væn ˈheɪlɛn/ van HAY-len; January 26, 1955 – October 6, 2020) was a Dutch-born American musician, songwriter, producer, and inventor. He was the main songwriter and founder—with brother and drummer Alex Van Halen, bassist Mark Stone, and singer David Lee Roth—of the American rock band Van Halen. In 2012, he was voted number one in a Guitar World magazine reader's poll for "The 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time".

Eddie and Alex Van Halen formed a band in 1972.  In 1974, the band changed its name to Van Halen, and Van Halen became a staple of the Los Angeles music scene during the mid-1970s, playing at well-known clubs like the Whisky a Go Go.  In 1977, Warner Bros. Records offered the band a recording contract, and they released their debut album, Van Halen.

Upon its release, Van Halen reached No. 19 on the Billboard pop music charts, becoming one of rock's most commercially successful debuts.  It was highly regarded as both a heavy metal and hard rock album.  By the early 1980s, Van Halen was one of the most successful rock acts of the time.  The album 1984 went five-times platinum after a year of release.  The lead single "Jump" became the band's first and only No. 1 pop hit and garnered them a Grammy nomination.

The band won the 1992 Grammy Award for Best Hard Rock Performance with Vocal for the album For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge.   As of March 2019, the band is 20th on the RIAA list of best-selling artists in the United States; it has sold 56 million albums in the States and more than 80 million worldwide. Additionally, Van Halen has charted 13 number-one hits in the history of Billboard's Mainstream Rock chart. VH1 ranked the band seventh on a list of the top 100 hard rock artists of all time. In January 2007, Van Halen was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Eddie Van Halen has received acclaim for his guitar work in the band.

Here are the Billboard Top 40 hits for Van Halen.

Year              Song Title                       Peak Position on Billboard Top 40 Chart

1978  -  "You Really Got Me"  -  36
1979  -  "Dance The Night Away"  -  15
1982  -  "(Oh) Pretty Woman"  -  12
1982  -  "Dancing In The Street"  -  28
1983  -  "Jump"  -  1
1984  -  "I'll Wait"  -  13
1984  -  "Panama"  -  13
1986  -  "Why Can't This Be Love"  -  3
1986  -  "Dreams"  -  22
1986  -  "Love Walks In"  -  22
1988  -  "Black And Blue"  -  34
1988  -  "When It's Love"  -  5
1988  -  "Finish What Ya Started"  -  13   
1988  -  "Feels So Good"  -  35
1991  -  "Top of The World"  -  27
1995  -  "Can't Stop Lovin' You"  -  30

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #1610 on: October 14, 2020, 01:08:19 PM »
New Pentatonix video.

Original song written by and singing lead is Kirsten Maldondo.

https://youtu.be/mnPU7_iff8Y
"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward."
... Kierkegaard

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #1611 on: October 14, 2020, 01:35:59 PM »
Oh, I really like it.

One note......the opening really reminded me of this one.   Listen to PTX's song again, the first few seconds, and then this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=654tlKKI_Ys

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #1612 on: October 14, 2020, 02:03:53 PM »
^^^^^^^^ That is exactly the song I was trying to remember. I was going to ask you because I knew you would know. You beat me to it!
... Kierkegaard

Offline Sara B

• Obsessed
« Reply #1613 on: October 14, 2020, 02:32:28 PM »
Yes, I was reminded of that too but couldn’t remember what it was called!

Offline frokes

• Calm Under The Waves
  • Obsessed
« Reply #1614 on: October 14, 2020, 02:49:30 PM »
Ben Platt's cover of Brandi Carlile's song "The Joke": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEtpGLnQrFE

Ben Platt is an amazing singer. I discovered him a year ago when I found his song "Grow As We Go" on YouTube.
An affair with the G train,” he smirked into the floor, his eyes filling with tears. - The Bellwether

"Jack felt D hard beneath his hand. He leaned his forehead against D’s again. “You feel it,” he whispered, barely breathed, not really a question." - Zero at the Bone

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #1615 on: October 14, 2020, 03:30:26 PM »
^^^^^^^^ That is exactly the song I was trying to remember. I was going to ask you because I knew you would know. You beat me to it!

Yes, I was reminded of that too but couldn’t remember what it was called!

Yaaaaaaaay!   I'm not the only one who hears it!

So how about I piss off all the PTX fans in the YouTube comments by asking if they ripped off Enya?  :laugh:

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #1616 on: October 14, 2020, 03:34:40 PM »
Ben Platt's cover of Brandi Carlile's song "The Joke": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEtpGLnQrFE

Ben Platt is an amazing singer. I discovered him a year ago when I found his song "Grow As We Go" on YouTube.

Oh, I really like his voice!   I think this what most people know him for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlHALdSTPX0

Offline frokes

• Calm Under The Waves
  • Obsessed
« Reply #1617 on: October 15, 2020, 10:12:55 AM »
That is cool, Chuck! I recently saw a Norwegian artist covering a song from the Dear Evan Hansen musical on Norwegian TV, it made me think of Ben.
An affair with the G train,” he smirked into the floor, his eyes filling with tears. - The Bellwether

"Jack felt D hard beneath his hand. He leaned his forehead against D’s again. “You feel it,” he whispered, barely breathed, not really a question." - Zero at the Bone

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #1618 on: October 15, 2020, 08:03:09 PM »

Yaaaaaaaay!   I'm not the only one who hears it!

So how about I piss off all the PTX fans in the YouTube comments by asking if they ripped off Enya?  :laugh:

You wouldn't as just about every other comment says this and all the reactors are saying it as well as the comments to the reactors. Nobody's yet said that Kirsten ripped Enya off.
... Kierkegaard

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #1619 on: October 15, 2020, 08:44:15 PM »
You wouldn't as just about every other comment says this and all the reactors are saying it as well as the comments to the reactors. Nobody's yet said that Kirsten ripped Enya off.

I'm surprised by that.  Not because I think they ripped off Enya, but a lot of times when someone releases a song that sound like another artist's song, people come in and pull the 'ripped off' card.

:laugh:

When Lady Gaga released "Born This Way", people came in saying she ripped of Madonna's "Express Yourself".

When Katy Perry released "Roar", people came in and said that she ripped off Sara Bareilles' "Brave".

Either way, I do love the song, and it's nice to see Kirsten on the lead.   Looking forward to "The Lucky Ones" when it's released!