The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: What Are You Listening to Right Now? - Volume 5  (Read 317286 times)

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
Re: What Are You Listening to Right Now? - Volume 5
« Reply #2025 on: July 02, 2022, 10:54:35 AM »

I just heard a new song called "Late Night Talking" by Harry Styles.   Is it just me, or does it sound very close to David Bowie's "Let's Dance"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwT77rlp2CE  -  "Late Night Talking"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbD_kBJc_gI  -  "Let's Dance"

Offline michaelflanagansf

• Forum Librarian and buckle bunny
  • Team Cullen
  • Obsessed
« Reply #2026 on: July 03, 2022, 07:53:37 PM »
Well she's singing for cartoon movies now, but it's good to hear her anyway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX3nHam4wRs&ab_channel=Illumination
Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl R. Popper

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #2027 on: July 03, 2022, 08:13:59 PM »

she sounds great!

• Team Cullen
  • Obsessed
« Reply #2028 on: July 03, 2022, 08:23:52 PM »
she sounds great!

She does! She just performed over at Glastonbury, so I'm wondering if she'll be tempted to do more live performances.
Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl R. Popper

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #2029 on: July 03, 2022, 08:52:28 PM »
She should, I'm sure there would be a ton of people wanting to see her.

• Team Cullen
  • Obsessed

• Team Cullen
  • Obsessed
« Reply #2031 on: July 17, 2022, 01:57:12 PM »
Getting ready to see the Zombies on Tuesday night (I love the mellotron in this):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XOd6Uajh-4&ab_channel=lorjim58

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #2032 on: July 17, 2022, 02:23:41 PM »
Cool!  Enjoy the show.   I must admit, I don't know much about them, other than their hits, "She's Not There", "Tell Her No", and "Time Of The Season".

• Team Cullen
  • Obsessed
« Reply #2033 on: July 18, 2022, 08:17:51 PM »
Cool!  Enjoy the show.   I must admit, I don't know much about them, other than their hits, "She's Not There", "Tell Her No", and "Time Of The Season".

For some reason keyboards have always appealed to me. In the late 60s, when everybody else was going crazy about guitars, I was listening to the keyboard player. Rod Argent is one hell of a keyboard player. I liked Argent, the group he formed after the Zombies, but I LOVED the Zombies. Before Emerson, Lake and Palmer, even before Vincent Crane from Crazy World of Arthur Brown there was that keyboard solo from "She's Not There." Fortunately there are other people who get it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGbf_8rqJUQ&ab_channel=SamuelDrury

• Team Cullen
  • Obsessed

Offline ingmarnicebbmt

• THE MAKER MAKES
  • Obsessed
  • FOR HEAVEN's JAKE ! Jakeing off at Jakea.
« Reply #2035 on: July 29, 2022, 05:11:30 PM »

!!

:o
WISE UP

IngKräddiBöll & Ingmariposa & Ingelspringel & Ingicito & Ingalicious & IngWriter & Annbilivöbäll WORD WIZARD

sausage-on-a-roll-poster & charkuterimästare

And maybe, he thought, they'd never got much farther than that.

• Team Cullen
  • Obsessed
« Reply #2036 on: July 31, 2022, 02:45:45 PM »
I'm amazed that this is from over 20 years ago now. This came out within the first few years of my being a librarian (and buying music for the library). This was in our collection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn27H5bIsIA&ab_channel=dre

Offline ingmarnicebbmt

• THE MAKER MAKES
  • Obsessed
  • FOR HEAVEN's JAKE ! Jakeing off at Jakea.
« Reply #2037 on: August 03, 2022, 11:19:27 AM »

WISE UP

IngKräddiBöll & Ingmariposa & Ingelspringel & Ingicito & Ingalicious & IngWriter & Annbilivöbäll WORD WIZARD

sausage-on-a-roll-poster & charkuterimästare

And maybe, he thought, they'd never got much farther than that.

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #2038 on: August 03, 2022, 03:01:24 PM »
"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward."
... Kierkegaard

• Team Cullen
  • Obsessed