The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: New Members Ask - Experienced Members Respond  (Read 196787 times)

Offline 64 Zoo Lane

• Obsessed
  • Mad About El Niño
Re: New Members Ask - Experienced Members Respond
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2006, 10:24:25 AM »
There is a Profile section where you can specify all that. It's on the same line as Home - Help - Search, etc towards the top of every page.
You have no idea how bad it gets

Offline Lance

• Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2006, 11:13:59 AM »
Hey folks..not new here, but have a question.  I haven't seen any early results of how BBM did on DVD release.  What numbers did it pull in for the first few weeks?  And how did it rate against others for those weeks?  Thanks!

There is a special thread here where one of our enthusiastic members is currently keeping a running update of DVD sales and rentals and other stats:
http://davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=1221.0

Be warned, it's on page 94 as I write this. :)
You may have to dig back a bit to find the early statistics.
May the bridges I burn light the way forward.

Online royandronnie

• Regards from my bit of the Mountain
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • They existed in our hearts, and always will.
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2006, 06:41:31 PM »
I'm up to 64 posts and I still have no idea how to put anything in the blue frame. How do I put in a gender icon, an avatar, and a tagline--as a Mac user?

And *sniff* how many posts do I have to have to get to "Experienced?" I thought it was 25 or 30 per star.

Thanks so much.

Also. I have gotten so much from links that people have posted all over the site to pictures, music, interviews, etc. Is there a good place to issue a general thanks?

I think we should have a poetry and apposite-song lyrics thread. In Photo Captioning Fun so many have posted wonderful lyrics to various pictures.
Charlotte Graham-Clark
royandronnie
"…in the family homestead of his dead lover, the shirts they wore while cowboying together long before: shabby denim and weary cotton, wrapped in each other's arms." Like this. Always.

He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all

Offline 64 Zoo Lane

• Obsessed
  • Mad About El Niño
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2006, 03:44:20 AM »
Hi, does anyone know where all the links to articles and interviews on BBM has got to? I am sure I saw one when I first joined but now I can't find it. Thanks.

Offline 64 Zoo Lane

• Obsessed
  • Mad About El Niño
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2006, 04:27:55 AM »
Thank you!

Offline peteinportland

• Obsessed
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2006, 10:16:36 AM »
royandronnie,

There is a Thank You thread in the Forum News board in the Our Community forum. It is the place for general thanks to any members.

Pete

Online royandronnie

• Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2006, 07:49:08 AM »
Still need a little help… I got into my profile page, which is the same one you get when you click on someone's username in a post, but I couldn't do anything with it. There is a line for editing the account info, but all that allows you to do is mess with your password. I see the places things go, but my cursor doesn't go active when I move over them: picture, gender, and signature. 

What am I missing?

Thanks
"…in the family homestead of his dead lover, the shirts they wore while cowboying together long before: shabby denim and weary cotton, wrapped in each other's arms." Like this. Always.

Or his deserts are small
To win or lose it all

Offline peteinportland

• Obsessed
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2006, 09:24:50 AM »
Click on the profile button at the top of the page. When you get to your profile, there should be a button in the left column that says Forum Profile Information. Click on that, and it will allow you to fill out your profile.

I hope this helps.

Pete

Online royandronnie

• Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2006, 05:18:43 PM »
Click on the profile button at the top of the page. When you get to your profile, there should be a button in the left column that says Forum Profile Information. Click on that, and it will allow you to fill out your profile.

I hope this helps.

Pete

Dear Pete, Nope, sorry, no such button on my profile page. This is getting very frustrating.
Thanks, Charlotte

Or his deserts are small
To win or lose it all

Offline desertrat

• Sunflower
  • Obsessed
  • No angel ;-)
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2006, 05:35:09 PM »
Charlotte,
do you see the black frame on the left side (besides the window with the green frame that shows your username on top). the text in there should be the following:

Profile Info
Summary
Show Stats
Show Posts

Modify Profile   
Account Related Settings
Forum Profile Information
Look and Layout Preferences
Notifications and Email
Personal Message Options

Actions
Delete this account

if you have it, is that the one where your cursor doesn't do anything when you move it over there ?
Minds are like parachutes... they both work better when opened.

Online royandronnie

• Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2006, 03:19:49 PM »
Dear desertrat--and Pete,

THANK YOU! I am no longer anonymous.
Charlotte

Or his deserts are small
To win or lose it all

Online royandronnie

• Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2006, 03:25:18 PM »
Dear desertrat--or Pete,

The previous message was a test, and I see that while I successfully added text, my attempt to put in a picture failed. I can size the picture myself, but when I try to drag it from my desktop to the reply area, I get a new window and the picture appears in U/L corner and does not post. (Remember that I use a Mac.) Can I trespass on your kind patience once more and ask how one puts a chosen picture into the blue box?

Also, I have noticed that when I try to italicize or boldface with the buttons, the "command--" or --usually appears in my post. How do I prevent this?

Thanks so much,
Charlotte

Or his deserts are small
To win or lose it all

Offline desertrat

• Sunflower
  • Obsessed
  • No angel ;-)
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2006, 03:38:23 PM »
charlotte, you can not drag & drop a pic in here. it has to be hosted on another page, you can only link to this place. for further instructions try the "how to include pictures in a post" and the "avatar not working" thread here in "using the board".

the buttons for formatting text don't directly format the text but simply insert the html tags for formatting.
[b ]  [ /b] means that the text inside of the brackets is shown bold. if you want to have this result, the text has to look like this (i'm using other brackets now to show you the line of tags, but those: [ , ] are the correct ones): {b}this result{/b}. the test that you want to format always has to be in between the two tags. the one without the / being the front tag and the one with the / being the end tag. if you want your text, let's say bold AND italic, it will have to look like this (again - other brackets to show you the line of tags):
{b}{i}this will be bold AND italic now{/i}{/b}.

same is applyable for links (url and /url), pics (img and /img) and all the other tags that you can use.

hope that helped !
Minds are like parachutes... they both work better when opened.

Offline Melisande

• Obsessed
    • LiveJournal
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2006, 10:01:28 PM »
Virgin             0    posts     1  stars
Feet Wet       20               2
Experienced   75                3
Expert           250              4
Obsessed       600              5
let be, let be

Online royandronnie

• Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2006, 06:37:25 PM »
Re: stars. I still only have one. (76 posts.) I noticed also that poster BBM MMM only has one, though with about 25 posts credited. I suspect, from the other problems I've had with my profile page, that the page setup file must have gotten corrupted sometime around the point where I joined the forum. I cannot post an avatar even if I had a picture on the internet, because my page has no "have own picture" setting. See? Definitely a corrupted file.

Thanks,
Charlotte

Or his deserts are small
To win or lose it all