The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: News and Current Events - 2013 to 2014  (Read 640676 times)

Offline Pepe1

• Expert
Re: News and Current Events - 2013 to 2014
« Reply #5640 on: December 16, 2016, 10:06:11 AM »
Donald Trump's family will be the main attraction at a fundraiser the day after the inauguration, celebrating hunters, shooters and fishermen who probably pushed Trump over the line in November.

TMZ obtained a draft of the invite for "Opening Day," a massive party that will be thrown at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in D.C.

The attire is "Camouflage & Cufflinks ... Jeans, boots and hats are welcome."

Now, here's what you get ... for a price.

-- BALD EAGLE PACKAGE ... a private reception for 16 guests to rub elbows with Donald J. Trump. The package includes a "multi-day hunting and/or fishing excursion for 4 guests with Donald Trump Jr. and/or Eric Trump." You also get 85 VIP guest tickets to the event. Price: $1 MILLION.

-- GRIZZLY BEAR PACKAGE ... private reception for 8 people to meet and greet Donald J. Trump. The hunting/fishing trip is also part of the package. It's a scaled-down version of the Bald Eagle Package. Price: $500,000.

There are other packages as well. As for the entertainment, Alabama and Toby Keith will perform.

Our sources say it's still not clear if President Trump will attend ... they're all working on the details, and if he's not there it could affect price. That said, the event is legit and the Trump family is behind it.

Our sources say "Opening Day" is being thrown to thank the hunting, shooting and fishing communities for their support. It's something mainstream media didn't cover, but Donald Trump Jr. and others spent a lot of time in Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Iowa ... all states with a huge population of hunters, fishermen and gun enthusiasts.

Our Trump sources believe these people came out in force and made the difference in the election.

Proceeds will be distributed to conservation charities.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/12/16/donald-trump-inauguration-party/

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #5641 on: December 16, 2016, 10:12:24 AM »
Donald Trump stole the election with the help of Vladimir Putin.

Hey, if Trump's supporters can believe what they want to without regard for reality, why can't I?  ;)

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #5642 on: December 16, 2016, 12:10:31 PM »
The day after I'll be participating in a demonstration on the mall, with neighbors.

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
  • ...suspended above ordinary affairs...
« Reply #5643 on: December 16, 2016, 04:36:58 PM »

Our sources say "Opening Day" is being thrown to thank the hunting, shooting and fishing communities for their support...

how are they gonna thank the skinheads, burn a cross on somebody's lawn?
Bye, Felicia

"What a maroon."  Bugs Bunny

"I try to be good...I only manage it in streaks."

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #5644 on: December 16, 2016, 04:50:30 PM »
Maybe on the White House lawn. That would be quite a statement.

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
  • ...suspended above ordinary affairs...
« Reply #5645 on: December 17, 2016, 08:23:52 AM »
there are worse things for kids to believe in than Santa...

Preacher to kids at mall: 'Santa Claus does not exist'

An Alaskan street preacher, driven by a philosophical beef with Santa Claus, invaded a Christmas village in Texas and tried to dash the holiday whimsy of children waiting to see old Saint Nick.

"There is no such thing as Santa Claus," David Grisham told the line of children at the Westgate Mall in Amarillo on Saturday afternoon. "Santa Claus does not exist. The Christmas season is about Jesus."

The 56-year-old said he went to the mall to preach the real Biblical meaning behind Christmas and expose Santa Claus as a falsehood.  He also shouted there is no flying reindeer or workshop of elves making presents in the North Pole. Rather, he told the children, parents buy all their gifts at the mall.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/12/13/preacher-children-santa-claus-does-not-exist/95371826/
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 08:31:18 AM by morrobay »
Bye, Felicia

"What a maroon."  Bugs Bunny

"I try to be good...I only manage it in streaks."

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #5646 on: December 17, 2016, 10:21:38 AM »
The day after I'll be participating in a demonstration on the mall, with neighbors.

Good for you, Fritz!

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #5647 on: December 17, 2016, 11:12:12 AM »
Donald Trump stole the election with the help of Vladimir Putin.

Hey, if Trump's supporters can believe what they want to without regard for reality, why can't I?  ;)

Except this reality has a basis in fact, whereas Trump's supporters believe insane things, like Trump's newly appointed deputy national security adviser for strategic communications, Monica Crowley, who, in June of 2008, while candidate Barack Obama was heading toward the nomination: "claimed Obama is not black, and that he’s lying by presenting himself as African-American."

But Trump saw her on TV...have you noticed how many of Trump's hires have been Fox News contributors or worked for them entirely?  As Trump said when confronted with a lie he was espousing early in his campaign and asked by a reporter where he got the information, "Well, I read it online."  Then asked where he gets his information about Government topics he said, "I watch the news shows."  And he meant on Fox news, which is where numerous appointments are coming from.

During the last year I read a lot of election related articles.  I was not so successful in avoiding the comment sections afterwards where Trump supporters would say the most offensive things or comments that seemed like they got their information from some opioid induced reality. Trump's impending ascent to the helm of our Government seems to have given them permission to unleash their inner whacko and become even more offensive, and the most insane things are now being spewed as truths that they actually think are real. And they still cannot leave Hillary alone, they really do want to see her locked up...and that's the mildest thing of note in that regard.  These people reference George Soros so much that I asked several of my HRC voting friends if they know who he was and most of them didn't even know the name, much less who he is. This idea that the internet would open people's minds to new wisdom and truth and knowledge has actually just made people of like minds come together and feel like their insanity is normal.  Remember when we were in grade school and the teacher would keep these people apart and separate them from sitting together to keep some semblance of order in tact and not let anarchy erupt very often.  Well, the internet has brought all of these people together.

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #5648 on: December 17, 2016, 11:15:06 AM »

And this just in:  Trump is considering hiring Sylvester Stallone to chair the National Endowment for the Arts.   :)

Offline Pepe1

• Expert
« Reply #5649 on: December 18, 2016, 07:35:42 AM »
And this just in:  Trump is considering hiring Sylvester Stallone to chair the National Endowment for the Arts.   :)

http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/World/2016/12/16/22690782-wenn-story.html

Apparently not true, but seems they are good friends, which I didn't know...

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #5650 on: December 18, 2016, 10:48:47 AM »

It seems to me that BOTH of these things can be true unless I've forgotten how to comprehend an article while reading it.

Trump is considering hiring Sylvester Stallone to chair the National Endowment for the Arts.

From the article:

“No decision has been made here yet,” a Republican National Committee representative tells Fox News.

Offline Pepe1

• Expert
« Reply #5651 on: December 19, 2016, 06:56:00 AM »
Sylvester Stallone said that while he is “flattered” to be considered for an arts post by President-elect Donald Trump, he believes he’ll be more effective working for veterans.

In a statement released by his publicist on Sunday, Stallone said that he was “incredibly flattered to have been suggested to be involved with the National Endowment of the Arts. However I believe I could be more effective by bringing national attention to returning military personnel in an effort to find gainful employment, suitable housing and financial assistance these heroes respectfully deserve.”

http://variety.com/2016/biz/news/sylvester-stallone-donald-trump-national-endowment-for-the-arts-1201945032/

Offline Pepe1

• Expert
« Reply #5652 on: December 19, 2016, 06:57:35 AM »
Zsa Zsa Gabor, who many argue pioneered the business of being a celebrity and paved the way for socialite stars like the Kardashians, has died at age 99.

Multiple reports suggest she died of a possible heart attack at her Los Angeles home Sunday, two months away from her 100th birthday.

Born Sari Gabor in Budapest, Hungary, she fled Europe during the Second World War in 1941 to join her younger sister, Eva, also an actor, in the United States...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/zsa-zsa-gabor-dead-1.3902595

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #5653 on: December 19, 2016, 09:18:51 AM »
Zsa Zsa Gabor, who many argue pioneered the business of being a celebrity and paved the way for socialite stars like the Kardashians, has died at age 99.

Multiple reports suggest she died of a possible heart attack at her Los Angeles home Sunday, two months away from her 100th birthday.

Born Sari Gabor in Budapest, Hungary, she fled Europe during the Second World War in 1941 to join her younger sister, Eva, also an actor, in the United States...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/zsa-zsa-gabor-dead-1.3902595

I always thought Eva was prettier. ...  ::)

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #5654 on: December 19, 2016, 01:08:40 PM »
Trump is tweeting like a child about the drone incident with China.
Well, his favorite game show is "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader."
There are fifth graders I would trust with the presidency more than
this abomination.  That's a term I'm going to use often, I'm guessing:
the Trump administration abomination.