The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: The Diner - Volume 41  (Read 79888 times)

Online dejavu

• may the snowy egret live
  • Obsessed
Re: The Diner - Volume 41
« Reply #14145 on: Today at 11:44:51 AM »
In twenty minutes I must leave for my big Moreau reading here in OG.

Please wish me luck.

SYL

Well, I know you've gone already, Ingy, but I wish you luck anyway and hope the reading turned out well.
« Last Edit: Today at 11:51:56 AM by dejavu »
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Online dejavu

• Obsessed
« Reply #14146 on: Today at 11:51:22 AM »
Back from the oncologist, because of the ongoing colon irritation that's a side effect of the immunotherapy even though he hasn't had that in several months now, in a few weeks he'll be going for another infusion drug that suppresses the immune system to get that back to normal, and it should only take only one or two sessions of that, if it works. We'll see. Hoping for the best that he won't feel so self-conscious about leaving the house fearing an accident. And the onco recommended seeing someone, a neurologist or someone else, to help relieve the depression, hope he'll do that.

We also went grocery shopping at the Safeway after that.

Hi, Fritz.  I hope that new infusion drug works, and am relieved that the oncologist saw the need for it.  Also hope Earl takes the advice to see SOMEONE about his depression.  That would help so much if he wasn't suffering from that.

Have a good lunch, I have a tuna hoagie waiting in the frig.  It's been there a couple of days but I'm glad to have it, since I decided to stay home today anyway.

And I'm not feeling too bad in other respects.  Have been passing the time with the fourth week of the Sweets Box tournament on POGO (for February/Valentine's Day, where all the badges are pieces of candy....virtual candy, unfortunately, but they look awfully good).  So keeping occupied without being tempted to go back in the library and start sorting more books....this is a rest day.
Jack's from Texas.

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #14147 on: Today at 12:02:47 PM »
Sounds good, Debbie!

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Online dejavu

• Obsessed
« Reply #14148 on: Today at 12:21:02 PM »
Yeah, book sorting can be hard work, and a lot of standing.

I haven't been out yet at all today, but I'm dressed and I need to get the mail.  Don't think it's raining....I think you mentioned that you might have rain down there?  We'll see, up here.
Jack's from Texas.

Offline fritzkep

• Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #14149 on: Today at 12:27:22 PM »
We had a tiny bit of rain overnight, now it's sunny and cool, after having been overcast much of the morning. No further rain in the forecast here till Monday.

Offline Gazapete

• Lost in Translation
  • Obsessed
« Reply #14150 on: Today at 01:29:33 PM »
Back from the oncologist, because of the ongoing colon irritation that's a side effect of the immunotherapy even though he hasn't had that in several months now, in a few weeks he'll be going for another infusion drug that suppresses the immune system to get that back to normal, and it should only take only one or two sessions of that, if it works. We'll see. Hoping for the best that he won't feel so self-conscious about leaving the house fearing an accident. And the onco recommended seeing someone, a neurologist or someone else, to help relieve the depression, hope he'll do that.

We also went grocery shopping at the Safeway after that.

Let's hope it works and Earl feels better again real soon! (((Fritz and Earl)))

Online dejavu

• Obsessed
« Reply #14151 on: Today at 01:40:53 PM »
We had a tiny bit of rain overnight, now it's sunny and cool, after having been overcast much of the morning. No further rain in the forecast here till Monday.

Oh, good.  Monday is a long time away, so that's a lot of decent weather  ahead for you.

Meanwhile, it's nap time here.

Hi and bye, Elena, I'm on my way to a nap, I hope.

Jack's from Texas.

Offline tfferg

• Obsessed
« Reply #14152 on: Today at 03:02:39 PM »
*waves to Tony*

Hello Ingy !

How did your reading go ?

Offline tfferg

• Obsessed
« Reply #14153 on: Today at 03:08:29 PM »
Hi Tony,  hope you're fine. Weather patterns have changed, yes. February snow has turned into February rain- but this year is extreme in many parts of Europe, I think. These recent storms I would think of as autumn storms rather than winter weather.
Hello Elisa

In the last couple of years, the range of birds visiting our garden has changed. Some of them used to always be a couple of blocks further up the hill, others are birds I've never noticed before and there are some that appear more rarely than before if at all.

Offline fritzkep

• Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #14154 on: Today at 03:08:59 PM »
Hello Ingy !

How did your reading go ?

Ingy Ingy quite contrary.....

Hey Tony!

Offline tfferg

• Obsessed
« Reply #14155 on: Today at 03:11:43 PM »
Hiya! I’m on the second train on the way home. Two more to go!

It all went better than I expected at my son’s.  The children were fine and seem to be getting used to the separation. My son is going to have them every other weekend I think.

Hello Sara!

You've been on quite a journey. It's reassuring you found the children seem to be okay.

Offline tfferg

• Obsessed
« Reply #14156 on: Today at 03:23:46 PM »
Thanks, Ingy.  Sleep really did help, although I still feel worn out.  The doctor's office called to confirm my appointment, and it turns out they had an emergency they were trying to fit in, so I agreed that the emergency could have my slot and I would wait for my next appointment, and stay home and just rest today.  It will do more good than going out.  Today's appointment wasn't with a doctor of physical ailments like cold/flu, anyway, so it wouldn't have helped me to see her.

Hello Debbie

I hope staying home is restful and restorative.

Online dejavu

• Obsessed
« Reply #14157 on: Today at 03:28:16 PM »
Hello Debbie

I hope staying home is restful and restorative.

Thanks, Tony.  I just woke up from a nice nap, so I feel rested and somewhat restored.   ;)

I hope you and Phong are well, and everyone else is doing as well as possible.
Jack's from Texas.

Offline tfferg

• Obsessed
« Reply #14158 on: Today at 03:30:11 PM »

Hello Fritz

What a long drawn-out process for Earl ! I'd have thought something would be done more urgently. I suppose there must be very long waiting lists.

All the best for Earl and for you too.

Offline tfferg

• Obsessed
« Reply #14159 on: Today at 03:44:13 PM »
Thanks, Tony.  I just woke up from a nice nap, so I feel rested and somewhat restored.   ;)

I hope you and Phong are well, and everyone else is doing as well as possible.

I was waiting after supper last night for Phong to get news but gave up about midnight and went to bed. I woke up about 1.30 feeling very cold. I answered a call of nature and put another shirt on. Phong was on the phone seemingly chatting happily. I pointed to the clock because he has to go to work in the morning. He came to bed about 1.45 with icy cold legs and feet.

This morning he told me he had been unable to contact his big brother or his sisters for news about his dad. He saw a post by a cousin in Korat (city) and phoned him. He was one of the group of boys who were all staying in a temple in the city so they could go to middle school. He and his cousin had a to to catch up on. Phong says I met him once when he visited the village. I can't remember Phong introducing him to me, if he did.

Phong took me with him once to visit the monk with whom he stayed, but we were told he was asleep, so he just left a gift of a pack of boxes of milk for him.