The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: What in the World 2  (Read 513360 times)

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
Re: What in the World 2
« Reply #2790 on: March 30, 2019, 03:51:23 PM »

Damn this made me laugh out loud!! :laugh:
"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward."
... Kierkegaard

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #2791 on: March 30, 2019, 03:53:55 PM »
weather.com says it's 63° but if feels colder than that, I guess 'cause the wind is 16 mph from the north, so I have the window open for probably one of the last few cool days.  Supposed to go down to the 40s by tomorrow morning, but 10 day forecast shows 70s & 80s.

Same e weather here, Nancy. We're in the low 50's, feels like 45, just got cloudy , and rain tomorrow, snow in the mountains.
"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward."
... Kierkegaard

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
  • ...suspended above ordinary affairs...
« Reply #2792 on: March 30, 2019, 04:35:11 PM »
seems pretty late in the season for snow...but I guess you never know these days.  I remember getting snow in Philly in mid-April.  At least you're just getting rain, I hope you can stay in tomorrow and just be cozy.
Bye, Felicia

"What a maroon."  Bugs Bunny

"I try to be good...I only manage it in streaks."

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
« Reply #2793 on: March 30, 2019, 04:40:02 PM »
Buddy hasn't been feeling well for the last 4 days...some, uh, intestinal upsets...I bought some chicken breasts today and boiled them and made some rice, so he had that for dinner instead of store-bought.  This afternoon he wouldn't even eat his snack.  So I'll keep him on the boiled chicken and rice in small meals for a few days and see if he gets better.  Did a lot of pee-pad laundry this week, those washable ones are the best.
Bye, Felicia

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
« Reply #2794 on: March 30, 2019, 05:00:43 PM »
I love this kind of stuff!  I've used some sleep meditations on youtube before but this one is different.  It's like a  little bedtime story of a night train journey...Christian Thomas has a soothing voice (British accent, a plus!), there is very faint piano music in the background, you can't really even make out the melody. 

He describes starting out at the train station, waiting for the train to come in, getting on and getting to your seat, getting a warm blanket and covering up...and all the while there are faint background sounds that you'd hear...sounds at the station, and then they go away when you get into the car...I'm going to try it tonight.

Guided sleep meditation | train journey to sleep hypnosis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GesfgD8rxyo

Bye, Felicia

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #2795 on: March 30, 2019, 05:32:25 PM »
seems pretty late in the season for snow...but I guess you never know these days.  I remember getting snow in Philly in mid-April.  At least you're just getting rain, I hope you can stay in tomorrow and just be cozy.

Yes, I have no plans on going anywhere. I'll just stay put.
The thing is, it's going to bound right back on Monday, so it's short lived.
... Kierkegaard

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #2796 on: March 30, 2019, 05:39:53 PM »
Buddy hasn't been feeling well for the last 4 days...some, uh, intestinal upsets...I bought some chicken breasts today and boiled them and made some rice, so he had that for dinner instead of store-bought.  This afternoon he wouldn't even eat his snack.  So I'll keep him on the boiled chicken and rice in small meals for a few days and see if he gets better.  Did a lot of pee-pad laundry this week, those washable ones are the best.

I sure hope he feels better soon, Nancy. Periodically Oliver does the same thing, and I do the chicken/rice thing. The vet also said it's ok to give them 1/4 to a 1/2 (depends on weight) tablet of lomotil (anti-diarrheal) once a day. This helps to get their system back on track.
... Kierkegaard

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #2797 on: March 30, 2019, 06:44:12 PM »
The storm we are due to get tomorrow has been delayed by 12 hours, so the rain won't be here until tomorrow late afternoon. Oh well.
... Kierkegaard

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
« Reply #2798 on: March 31, 2019, 08:10:29 AM »
Still a good day to stay in work on your crocheting...I hope you have a nice relaxing Sunday doing (or not doing) whatever you want.

Guided sleep meditation | train journey to sleep hypnosis....I listened to most of this last night on my laptop before I went to bed, it's the setup of the scene, the train going through 3 stops as it pulls into a station, each stop brings you closer to sleep and then the last 10 minutes are the soft sounds of being on a train as it goes down the tracks...I tried it when I went to bed and didn't get to the first stop!   I'll use this a lot.
Bye, Felicia

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
« Reply #2799 on: March 31, 2019, 08:28:49 AM »
Guided sleep meditation | train journey to sleep hypnosis....I listened to most of this last night on my laptop before I went to bed, it's the setup of the scene, the train going through 3 stops as it pulls into a station, each stop brings you closer to sleep and then the last 10 minutes are the soft sounds of being on a train as it goes down the tracks...I tried it when I went to bed and didn't get to the first stop!   I'll use this a lot.

I listened to it last night, I can see how it would put you to sleep.  It was very soothing, and I could feel myself  getting relaxed.

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
« Reply #2800 on: March 31, 2019, 03:55:05 PM »
Crime of the week on Live PD last Friday...file under "what the f* was she thinking?"
turn on the sound

https://twitter.com/OfficialLivePD/status/1111835017053790208
Bye, Felicia

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #2801 on: March 31, 2019, 09:05:54 PM »
I heard about this on the news the other night.
... Kierkegaard

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
« Reply #2802 on: April 01, 2019, 04:35:56 PM »
Good lord!  Are you kidding me?   "I was on my way to work."  ???

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
« Reply #2803 on: April 01, 2019, 04:49:12 PM »
at least she used her turn signals  ::)
Bye, Felicia

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
« Reply #2804 on: April 04, 2019, 11:09:06 AM »
pile o' kittens

Bye, Felicia