The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: News and Current Events - 2017 - 2022  (Read 753073 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
Re: News and Current Events - 2017
« Reply #315 on: February 02, 2017, 08:20:52 AM »
I almost hate to say this, but I do believe The Donald did the right thing in going to Dover AFB for the return of the remains of the Navy SEAL who was killed in action.

Offline Pepe1

• Expert
« Reply #316 on: February 02, 2017, 11:07:09 AM »
I almost hate to say this, but I do believe The Donald did the right thing in going to Dover AFB for the return of the remains of the Navy SEAL who was killed in action.

I absolutely agree with you!  :)

Offline oilgun

• Obsessed
« Reply #317 on: February 02, 2017, 07:29:09 PM »
That POS caused his death so, yeah, going there was the right thing to do. You two are turning into Trump apologists.

---------------

This video is worth watching. It brings up a good point: people are outraged by Trump's Muslim ban yet there was hardly a peep when Bush and Obama were bombing the shit out of the (Muslim) countries that refugees are trying to escape from.

http://stormcloudsgathering.com/trump-muslim-ban

"Yer fond of me lobster aint' ye? I seen it - yer fond of me lobster! Say it! Say it. Say it!" - The Lighthouse.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #318 on: February 03, 2017, 07:28:50 AM »
That POS caused his death so, yeah, going there was the right thing to do. You two are turning into Trump apologists.

I certainly am not. That comment is not the least bit funny, and I highly resent it.

I don't know what your PM does when dead Canadians are brought home, but when the remains of US military personnel who lose their lives in the line of duty are brought home to Dover, Del., AFB, the incumbent President always goes as a sign of the nation's respect. I agree with your assessment of The Donald, which makes it somewhat surprising to me that he actually did the right thing, as President, by going to Dover.

I can think of a choice abbreviation for you, too, but I won't write it or this post will be deleted.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #319 on: February 03, 2017, 07:42:56 AM »
I read yesterday that a local TV news anchor (not on the station I usually watch) had been suspended for a week because he said on the air that Kellyanne Conway "is good at bullshit."

Evidently she's still at it. I heard this morning that she's now inventing terrorist incidents that never happened (ref. Bowling Green). If that's an "alternative fact," it's a whopper.

Offline Pepe1

• Expert
« Reply #320 on: February 03, 2017, 09:20:41 AM »
A trump apologist?  :o

Anyway thought this was interesting:

Director Ang Lee blames Blair and Bush for Iraq 'mess'

The Oscar-winning director says the former Prime Minister Tony Blair and former President George W Bush left the Iraqi people with a choice between "dictatorship and chaos"...

http://news.sky.com/story/director-ang-lee-blames-blair-and-bush-for-iraq-mess-10751590

Offline suelyblu

• Striped socks and dusty shoes
  • Obsessed
    • suelyblu
« Reply #321 on: February 03, 2017, 03:09:18 PM »

Director Ang Lee blames Blair and Bush for Iraq 'mess'

The Oscar-winning director says the former Prime Minister Tony Blair and former President George W Bush left the Iraqi people with a choice between "dictatorship and chaos"...

http://news.sky.com/story/director-ang-lee-blames-blair-and-bush-for-iraq-mess-10751590
Sorry if this goes against the grain....but I have to agree.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 03:20:19 PM by suelyblu »
"I  know that ghosts have wondered on the earth,
 Be with me always. Take any form. Drive me mad,
 only do not leave me in the dark alone, where I cannot
 find you.
 I cannot live without my life.
 I cannot die without my soul.

Offline oilgun

• Obsessed
« Reply #322 on: February 03, 2017, 05:02:42 PM »
I certainly am not. That comment is not the least bit funny, and I highly resent it.

I don't know what your PM does when dead Canadians are brought home, but when the remains of US military personnel who lose their lives in the line of duty are brought home to Dover, Del., AFB, the incumbent President always goes as a sign of the nation's respect. I agree with your assessment of The Donald, which makes it somewhat surprising to me that he actually did the right thing, as President, by going to Dover.

I can think of a choice abbreviation for you, too, but I won't write it or this post will be deleted.

I'm sorry if I offended you but it kind of irks me to see comments that normalise Trump. You can PM me that choice abbreviation if it makes you feel better.
"Yer fond of me lobster aint' ye? I seen it - yer fond of me lobster! Say it! Say it. Say it!" - The Lighthouse.

Offline oilgun

• Obsessed
« Reply #323 on: February 03, 2017, 05:04:21 PM »
Sorry if this goes against the grain....but I have to agree.

I think NOT agreeing would go against the grain here.

Offline oilgun

• Obsessed
« Reply #324 on: February 03, 2017, 05:11:10 PM »
A trump apologist?  :o

Anyway thought this was interesting:

(...)

Well, your handle is the name of a white supremacist symbol, what am I to think? I suggest you add an acute accent to the second "e" at least. A French pussy-grabbing skunk would be better than a racist frog.  ;)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #325 on: February 03, 2017, 05:48:10 PM »
I'm sorry if I offended you but it kind of irks me to see comments that normalise Trump. You can PM me that choice abbreviation if it makes you feel better.

I think that just because one despises The Donald (and I take second to no one in despising him), it's childish to refuse to recognize it when he does something that is both the duty of the POTUS and the right thing to do.

Besides, I said I almost hated to say it--I almost hated to say he did something that was right for him to do as POTUS.

'Nuff said.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 10:02:16 PM by Jeff Wrangler »

Offline Pepe1

• Expert
« Reply #326 on: February 04, 2017, 09:03:10 AM »
Well, your handle is the name of a white supremacist symbol, what am I to think? I suggest you add an acute accent to the second "e" at least. A French pussy-grabbing skunk would be better than a racist frog.  ;)

I have explained on here many times now, I was Lola, then I Bubba, now I am Pepe, I keep getting locked out for some reason and have to re-register and pick a new name.  This time I picked the name of my dog.    Not that I need to explain, can't say I have ever give much thought to anyone's board name.   I mean you are "oilgun" do you oil guns??  I really have no clue what that means.

And as Jeff says it is childish to not recognize when Trump does something good.  They are few and far between, they should be celebrated.

Cheering for him to fail is not going to serve anyone well, least of all U.S. citizens, or the rest of the world for that matter.

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #327 on: February 04, 2017, 09:37:58 AM »
Hardly necessary to cheer for him to fail.

Though I do find myself humming "We Shall Overcome" more and more.

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #328 on: February 04, 2017, 10:55:53 AM »
And as Jeff says it is childish to not recognize when Trump does something good.  They are few and far between, they should be celebrated.

I see it oilgun's way.  Trump thinks he does no wrong. If you're not adulating him you're against him. So it makes no difference
if you say "good dog" because he doesn't think he's ever been bad. So why give him credit?  Besides, what you're all saying is a
good thing was something expected from most human beings. Trump does it and it's like rewarding a dog with a treat. Trump
EXPECTS to be adulated for everything he does. If he does something good it's an accident. What the media should really do is
ignore him. That drives him crazy. He'd turn into Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction. ("I will not be ignored, Dan.") But it's ratings
and they won't.

Celebrated for doing the expected and/or right thing? No.
That's like celebrating a broken clock because it's right twice a day.

Cheering for him to fail is not going to serve anyone well, least of all U.S. citizens, or the rest of the world for that matter.

People are not cheering for him to fail. They're just reporting his failings. Which are huuge.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 11:08:47 AM by Lyle (Mooska) »

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
  • ...suspended above ordinary affairs...
« Reply #329 on: February 04, 2017, 11:16:27 AM »
no, they're cheering for him to fail...
Bye, Felicia

"What a maroon."  Bugs Bunny

"I try to be good...I only manage it in streaks."