The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: News and Current Events - 2017 - 2022  (Read 753116 times)

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
Re: News and Current Events - 2017
« Reply #555 on: March 14, 2017, 10:00:31 AM »

I'm mailing my postcards today!

I'M IN!  FOR THE PRICE OF A STAMP!

This was started by a grass roots RESISTANCE (to Trump) group.  Besides being individually easy to do, it already has historical symbolism,
a hashtag, and no one has to buy a plane ticket or charter a bus for DC .:

THE IDES OF TRUMP: On March 15th, each of us will mail Donald Trump a postcard that publicly expresses our opposition to him. And we, in vast numbers, from all corners of the world, will overwhelm the man with his unpopularity and failure. We will show the media and the politicians what standing with him — and against us — means. And most importantly, we will bury the White House post office in pink slips, all informing Donnie that he’s fired.

Each of us — every protester from every march, each congress calling citizen, volunteer, donor, and petition signer — if each of us writes even a single postcard and we put them all in the mail on the same day, March 15th, well: you do the math.

No alternative fact or Russian translation will explain away our record-breaking, officially-verifiable, warehouse-filling flood of fury. Hank Aaron currently holds the record for fan mail, having received 900,000 pieces in a year. We’re setting a new record: over a million pieces in a day, with not a single nice thing to say.

So sharpen your wit, unsheathe your writing implements, and see if your sincerest ill-wishes can pierce Donald’s famously thin skin.

Prepare for March 15th, 2017, a day hereafter to be known as #TheIdesOfTrump.
Postcards are important here! Regular mail must go through content inspections
that slow them down, whereas postcards don't have such postal obstacles.

Write one postcard. Write a dozen! Take a picture and post it on social media tagged with #TheIdesOfTrump ! Spread the word! Everyone on Earth should let Donnie know how he’s doing. They can’t build a wall high enough to stop the mail.

Then, on March 15th, mail your messages to:

President (for now) Donald J. Trump
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500

It might just be enough to make him crack.
If you are out of the country, it will take longer to arrive.
Figure out the timing so it arrives around March 17th!

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #556 on: March 14, 2017, 05:25:25 PM »
I sent mine yesterday.
"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward."
... Kierkegaard

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #557 on: March 15, 2017, 09:43:23 AM »

Thumbs up!  ;)

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
  • ...suspended above ordinary affairs...
« Reply #558 on: March 16, 2017, 08:42:35 PM »
I like this because I can't stand her..

Stephen Pulls A 'Rachel Maddow'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_rTWxJepO8
Bye, Felicia

"What a maroon."  Bugs Bunny

"I try to be good...I only manage it in streaks."

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
« Reply #559 on: March 16, 2017, 09:05:55 PM »
And this guy...you can just tell dt is building him up so he'll attack the media in his "press conference"...should be another good SNL this week...

White House press secretary Sean Spicer gave a lengthy and exhaustive defense of President Donald Trump's wiretapping claims against then-President Obama to reporters today, even though leaders of the House and Senate Intelligence committees said they have seen no evidence to support the claims.

Spicer accused reporters of continuing "to perpetuate a false narrative" by not covering statements that could seem favorable to Trump and argued that the statements by the House and Senate Intelligence committees were not based on any investigative work.

Senate Intelligence Committee finds 'no indications' of wiretapping, wider surveillance at Trump Tower
"They're not findings. There's a statement out today they have not begun this," Spicer told ABC News at today's White House press briefing. "Two days ago the Department of Justice asked for an additional week. The statement clearly says at this time that they don't believe that."

At one point he began reading news articles from the lectern in the Brady Press Room. He quoted The New York Times, Fox News personality Sean Hannity, a former New Jersey superior court judge and Fox News commentator Andrew Napolitano, who suggested that Obama used a British intelligence agency to spy on Trump. That claim, like all of Trump's allegations about being under surveillance, are unsubstantiated.

A spokesperson for GCHQ, the British intelligence agency that Napolitano referred to, denied the report.

“Recent allegations made by media commentator Judge Andrew Napolitano about GCHQ being asked to conduct 'wire tapping' against the then president elect are nonsense," the spokesperson said in a press release. "They are utterly ridiculous and should be ignored.”

Spicer also asserted that House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes still stands in the administration's corner, despite his statement yesterday contradicting the president's wiretapping claim.

"I don't believe just in the last week of time, the people we've talked to — I don't think there was an actual tap of Trump Tower," Nunes said.

During the press conference, Spicer reiterated that Trump's use of the term "wiretapping" was all-encompassing.

"I think the president has been very clear when he talked about this ... he meant surveillance," Spicer said, referring to an interview Trump with Fox News' Tucker Carlson that aired Wednesday evening.

In that interview, Trump said he didn't necessarily mean "wiretapping."

"When I say 'wiretapping,' those words were in quotes. That really covers, because wiretapping is pretty old-fashioned stuff, but that really covers surveillance and many other things," he said.

Two of Trump's four March 4 tweets related to wiretapping include the term in quotes.

ABC News' Mike Trew contributed to this report.
Bye, Felicia

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #560 on: March 17, 2017, 09:36:57 AM »
I like this because I can't stand her..

Is it just a personal thing? I really like Rachel Maddow. She's been reporting on all the Russian connections with Trump and his appointees and making the connections and asking the questions no one else is positing about that.

Oh, I just remembered...so you like Peter Thiel but not Rachel Maddow?  :o

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #561 on: March 17, 2017, 12:48:43 PM »

I was looking at some photos of postcards that were sent to Trump and this one made me laugh.
It said:

"I am watching you." And was signed: "The Microwave."

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #562 on: March 17, 2017, 12:53:15 PM »

Trump had another of his ridiculous campaign rallies this week.

Trump voter James Walker, 31, from Nashville, attended outside the event and said:

"This is the first step: showing up and being honest."

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
« Reply #563 on: March 17, 2017, 06:46:59 PM »
Is it just a personal thing? I really like Rachel Maddow. She's been reporting on all the Russian connections with Trump and his appointees and making the connections and asking the questions no one else is positing about that.

Oh, I just remembered...so you like Peter Thiel but not Rachel Maddow?  :o

Had to google Peter Thiel...don't know anything about him or his politics but I do like Paypal.

I just don't care for her on-air personality - hope that's ok w/you.  I saw a story/interview about her and she seems like a very nice person.  I follow dt's nonsense on CNN not MSNBC - hope that's ok w/you.  Actually, now that I think about it, I also can't stand Mika on morning Joe...or Joe for that matter, what a pompous, self-important know-it-all he is, always interrupting his guests (kinda like every other cable news show)...or Lawrence O'Donnell and hate Brian I forget his last name, the liar guy...it's only my opinion, Lyle, stop trying to  :o me.
Bye, Felicia

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #564 on: March 18, 2017, 09:46:31 AM »
^^^

I wrote Peter Thiel, but I had meant Milo Yiannopoulos.  Oops.

it's only my opinion

I often like to know the thoughts that form an opinion.

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
« Reply #565 on: March 18, 2017, 05:59:15 PM »
Happy to oblige...let me know if you'd like additional info. 

Re: Milo.  I was yanking your chain on him...mostly.  But he's dead now, so you can rest easy.

And no matter how many lefties i say i don't like...I didn't vote for dt......don't forget that.
Bye, Felicia

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
« Reply #566 on: March 18, 2017, 07:42:54 PM »
Rock 'n' roll legend Chuck Berry dies

Chuck Berry, rock 'n' roll's founding guitar hero and storyteller who defined the music's joy and rebellion in such classics as "Johnny B. Goode," ''Sweet Little Sixteen" and "Roll Over Beethoven," died Saturday at his home in an unincorporated area west of St. Louis. He was 90.

http://www.wtae.com/article/rock-n-roll-legend-chuck-berry-dies/9152098
Bye, Felicia

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
« Reply #567 on: March 19, 2017, 09:25:35 AM »
I finally started hearing the talking heads making comments about something I've been thinking for a while since dt took office, but with a slight difference. 

The NYT CNN contributor put forth this question: how can the American people and countries around the world trust Trump when (not if) something terrible happens?  Can he stand in front of a TV camera and make statements about N Korea or Russia and be believable?

My question is: will he know what to do?  Of course not.  Will he take to twitter and make ridiculous statements that have to do with his popularity, how Obama caused the current problem, how it's everyone's fault but his, when "fault" will have nothing to do with it.

I used to hate to hear Obama come out time after time and recite the same rehearsed speeches about gun violence after the atrocities of Newtown and Aurora CO and Orlando.  But now I long for the level-headedness (word?) compassion and understanding of BO.  More and more, I fear for our future.
Bye, Felicia

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #568 on: March 19, 2017, 08:43:48 PM »
I wrote Peter Thiel, but I had meant Milo Yiannopoulos.  Oops.

Maybe someone should introduce those two. They're both gay, and their politics are quite similar, aren't they?  ::)

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #569 on: March 20, 2017, 10:21:06 AM »
POSTCARDS to the White House...

The goal of the White House postcard campaign was at least a million postcards sent.
Organizer Zack Kushner believes it was met, but he says, "We likely might never know
because the White House would have to give a count on the number of postcards the
president receives." Would they? Don’t hold your breath. “But we have some hope,”
Kushner said, “that a friendly intern or someone in the postal system might snap a
photograph and get it online.”