The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: News and Current Events - 2017  (Read 203308 times)

Offline Gazapete

• Lost in Translation
  • Obsessed
Re: News and Current Events - 2017
« Reply #4020 on: May 20, 2020, 12:12:06 AM »
DO NOT WATCH THIS IF YOU GET GROSSED OUT BY HORROR MOVIES

Epic Supercut Recaps Coronavirus Pandemic With Sci-Fi And Horror Movies

EVERYTHING I NEED TO KNOW TO SURVIVE COVID-19 I LEARNED BY WATCHING SCIFI & HORROR MOVIES

https://youtu.be/QUdV7Xf9sT4

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

To sum it up, nothing new in this world.

Offline gattaca

• Obsessed
  • How do you hide when you are running from yourself
« Reply #4021 on: May 20, 2020, 05:02:37 AM »
^^^^ Nice vid... pretty accurate as of today.  Tomorrow?  WTH knows? 

BTW, the Post article above is a worthy read/reminder. The duration of anxiety this event has/is generating is amplifying the impacts.  The "How to Nurture" points at the end are dead accurate.  Acceptance, routines, bigger picture, solitude and balance are difficult to muster up now-a-days.  Having been a gym rat for 30+ years, 5-6 days a week, my whole sense of routine, solitude, and balance are way off with losing that one thing.   Here's to light at the end of a tunnel (fingers crossed). Stay safe, peace.  V.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #4022 on: May 20, 2020, 06:30:33 AM »
Oh I know he is not taking it, but I still wish he was and still wish he has the side effects.

I think he should take it--and wash it down with Clorox.

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
  • ...suspended above ordinary affairs...
« Reply #4023 on: May 20, 2020, 06:52:11 AM »
Oh I know he is not taking it, but I still wish he was and still wish he has the side effects.

Totally agree, he's not taking it.  You can kind of see it in his face, when he said he was taking it, that he thought for a 1/2 second (that's about as long as he can think about anything) and then thought to himself, tell them you're taking it they can't prove anything. 

He's too much of a coward to take something that he's telling everyone else to take.  And if his base starts taking it to follow his "lead", it will only make the drug harder to get for people who really need it...I think people with lupus use it.

Offline Gazapete

• Lost in Translation
  • Obsessed
« Reply #4024 on: May 20, 2020, 07:11:35 AM »

*Clapping*

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #4025 on: May 20, 2020, 09:50:31 AM »

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #4026 on: May 20, 2020, 12:10:21 PM »
Thanks for the article Linda!
_____

New Randy Rainbow if you haven't seen it...
https://www.youtube.com/watchv=d02a9nmjxcm

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #4027 on: May 20, 2020, 12:22:21 PM »
^^^That link won't work, but that's the one in which he sings to the tune of Tradition, right? Fantastic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d02A9nmJxcM

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #4028 on: May 20, 2020, 12:27:58 PM »

Totally agree, Jeff!!
Nature has cunning ways of finding our weakest spot.
Call Me By Your Name

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #4029 on: May 20, 2020, 12:47:41 PM »
Thanks for the article Linda!
_____

New Randy Rainbow if you haven't seen it...
https://www.youtube.com/watchv=d02a9nmjxcm

You're welcome, Lyle. I've been finding more and more like this as the pandemic and associated problems continue.
Nature has cunning ways of finding our weakest spot.
Call Me By Your Name

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #4030 on: May 20, 2020, 01:01:27 PM »
There are an array of disgusting items today from the ringleader, his family, his henchmen and Republican toadys, in the news today. Just one day of typical days of this presidency.

Here's a sampling...

"Heartless" Trump slammed for ending National Guard deployments one day before they can claim benefits
The president is intentionally stripping early retirement and education benefits from thousands of soldiers one day before they go into effect.

Trump removed another watchdog who was investigating McConnell's wife, Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao
Then McConnell, the Senate GOP leader, handpicked the new IG himself, effectively ending the investigation into Chao's alleged misdeeds on his behalf.

Eric Trump claims pandemic isn’t real, will "magically disappear" right after election
The president's son is peddling wild conspiracy theories to absolve his father's failure.

Florida ousts top pandemic scientist for refusing to manipulate data
The scientist, whose work was widely praised by health officials, was removed from her position for failing to "manually change data to drum up support for the plan to reopen."

Georgia GOP cancels Supreme Court election, allowing governor to appoint a Republican
As Georgia emerges as a blue-leaning purple state, Republicans are relying on dirty tricks to cling to power.

Jane Roe’s final confession: Anti-abortion conversion ‘all an act’ paid for by the Christian right
For a quarter century, she was the star of the right. Turns out, it was all a lie.

Lindsey Graham reveals scheme to release baseless "Obamagate" probe results right before 2020 election
The president's toady all but admitted that this entire sham is aimed at tilting the 2020 election in Trump's favor.

And possibly the President's most petty thing he's yet done...

Trump refuses to unveil Obama's presidential portrait at the White House
Since he first slithered into the Oval Office in January 2017, Donald Trump has been consumed with undoing the legacy of President Barack Obama. Trump’s obsession with Obama runs the gamut, from Twitter attacks that persist to this day to the more actively dangerous war his administration has been waging against the Affordable Care Act.

Now, it appears the president’s animosity towards Obama has hit a petty new low. NBC News reports that sources in the know have revealed that Trump does not intend to uphold the decades-long bipartisan tradition of inviting his predecessor to the White House’s East Room to unveil President Obama’s official portrait as well as First Lady Michelle’s.

NBC News further reports that Obama himself is uninterested in attending such an event with Trump, an unsurprising preference given Trump’s constant attacks and more recent “Obamagate” conspiracy theorizing. On some level, Obama going to an unveiling with Trump would signal that everything is normal in our country right now, which is so clearly not the case. Refusing to help normalize Trump is the right decision.

And more!

Seriously?

Pompeo's elite taxpayer-funded dinners set off alarm bells

The president's allies are lining up pro-Trump doctors to prescribe rapid reopening

Trump warns "nobody will be guarding your potatoes" in weird threat to "go after Virginia"

Yes. Seriously.

Maryland reports largest rise yet in cases 4 days after reopening

Real estate investors and hedge fund managers weaseled $160 billion out of CARES Act

Ford caves, won't make Trump wear mask during plant visit after all

Hope...

Carbon emissions dropped 17 percent globally amid pandemic

Magic Johnson offering $100 million in loans to minority-owned businesses left out of PPP loans

Michigan secretary of state says all voters will get absentee ballot applications by mail

If even one of these things annoys you, multiply it by every single day the orange cretin has been in office and wonder how anyone could be so unintelligent as to vote for Trump...again. (And not casting a vote for Joe Biden, voting for a 3rd party or not voting at all is supporting Donald Trump, his supporters and all that comes with it.)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #4031 on: May 20, 2020, 03:42:09 PM »
I encourage anyone with access to The New Yorker to read an article in the May 11 issue by Evan Osnos called "The Greenwich Rebellion." While I did not find the article surprising, I do think it's interesting in detailing how the Stinking Rich of Greenwich, Connecticut, came to throw their weight money behind the Great Orange Satan.

I'll share this gem: At a gathering of "deep-pocketed Republicans from Greenwich and New York" in 2015, where "no one had a pleasant thing to say about Trump," one of the guests, a woman, said, "I'm a lifelong expert on the psychographics of women's voter behavior, and I can tell you that Donald Trump will never get two percent of Republican women voters." The speaker was greeted with "wild applause." The speaker was Kellyanne Conway (who, of course, lies and says she never said it). The source of the anecdote is a professor at the Yale School of Management, who was present.

Offline gattaca

• Obsessed
  • How do you hide when you are running from yourself
« Reply #4032 on: May 20, 2020, 04:15:40 PM »
^^^^ Sadly, I had already noticed several of those headlines. They churned my stomach to where just stopped reading and shut down.  I've even started skipping the nightly news sometimes.  As if a world pandemic with daily body counts is not enough, it is intensely depressing to read/hear the unbelievable, and once unmanageable, atrocities being done by this nepotist administration, to Americans. Sadly, the mud-slinging GOP (Fox) "News" lies, half-truths and "alternative facts" machine, is just ramping up their muddying of the truth. Gonna be a very long siege these next 6+ months. Peace.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 05:03:15 AM by gattaca »

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #4033 on: May 20, 2020, 08:42:09 PM »

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
  • ...suspended above ordinary affairs...
« Reply #4034 on: May 24, 2020, 11:26:03 AM »
Still unable to speak truth to power...what is she afraid of?  She's not running for anything.  why can't she just say "he should wear a mask"...simple statement

Here's what Dr. Deborah Birx had to say about Trump wearing a mask

"Well the President did wear a mask while he was less than six feet in an occasion where that was important -- I think when he was traveling last week," Birx said.

"I'm not with him every day and every moment..."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/24/politics/deborah-birx-donald-trump-masks-social-distancing/index.html