The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: News and Current Events - 2017  (Read 213541 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
Re: News and Current Events - 2017
« Reply #4320 on: June 29, 2020, 08:41:37 AM »
So why aren't Biden's people running ads about the thousands of Americans who died and are still dying of COVID-19 because the Great Orange Satan really f**ked up? Or, are they and I just haven't seen one yet?

And nobody told him about the Russian bounty on American soldiers? What a surprise. ...

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
  • ...suspended above ordinary affairs...
« Reply #4321 on: June 29, 2020, 05:29:41 PM »
TOo bad we don't have an extradition treaty with iran

(CNN)Iran has issued an arrest warrant for US President Donald Trump over the drone strike that killed a top Iranian general in January, the semi-official Fars news agency reported Monday.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/29/middleeast/iran-arrest-warrant-donald-trump-intl/index.html
Bye, Felicia

Online fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #4322 on: June 30, 2020, 07:22:07 AM »
CONGRATS BBM-6XM, JEFF!!!!

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
« Reply #4323 on: June 30, 2020, 08:49:39 AM »
Carl Reiner, Comedy Patriarch, Dies at 98

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2020/06/carl-reiner-dies
Bye, Felicia

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #4324 on: June 30, 2020, 02:06:33 PM »
^^^

I've been watching the Dick Van Dyke Show series that has extras with Carl Reiner and Dick Van Dyke, talking about the series and at one point I was thinking, wow...these two guys are STILL with us, how great! 

His son Rob Reiner is 73, if you can believe it! (DVD is 94.)

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #4325 on: June 30, 2020, 02:09:27 PM »
Too bad we don't have an extradition treaty with iran

(CNN)Iran has issued an arrest warrant for US President Donald Trump...

I can't tell you how much this made me laugh. I mean, other countries are issuing arrest warrants for our President.
It's like the Twilight Zone Live! One has to laugh to keep from crying over the state of things.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #4326 on: June 30, 2020, 02:11:25 PM »
Rob Reiner is 73, if you can believe it!

No, but that's not saying much because I can't believe I'm 62 either.  :laugh:

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #4327 on: June 30, 2020, 02:20:13 PM »
And nobody told him about the Russian bounty on American soldiers? What a surprise. ...

Yeah, that needs a bit more notoriety:

In one of the most shameful developments of the Trump presidency, reporting has revealed that Russia had placed bounties on the heads of American soldiers, that Donald Trump knew about it months ago, and yet – in all of the time that’s passed – he did NOTHING to stop it. He refused to even ask Putin to change course. He allowed American soldiers to be targeted and killed overseas, while he had the audacity to continue using our military as a prop and salute our cadets and pretend that he’s a patriot. Even amid all of his scandals – from his campaign’s cooperation with Russians looking to help him win in 2016 to his Ukraine extortion scheme to his failed coronavirus response and everything in between – this one is particularly heinous.

But I still repeat: NOTHING he ever does or will do surprises me. He's capable of a lot worse. He must be stopped. When is enough enough?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #4328 on: June 30, 2020, 02:52:40 PM »
Yeah, that needs a bit more notoriety:

In one of the most shameful developments of the Trump presidency, reporting has revealed that Russia had placed bounties on the heads of American soldiers, that Donald Trump knew about it months ago, and yet – in all of the time that’s passed – he did NOTHING to stop it. He refused to even ask Putin to change course. He allowed American soldiers to be targeted and killed overseas, while he had the audacity to continue using our military as a prop and salute our cadets and pretend that he’s a patriot. Even amid all of his scandals – from his campaign’s cooperation with Russians looking to help him win in 2016 to his Ukraine extortion scheme to his failed coronavirus response and everything in between – this one is particularly heinous.

But I still repeat: NOTHING he ever does or will do surprises me. He's capable of a lot worse. He must be stopped. When is enough enough?

And even that will not turn his base against him. They will not believe it happened (it's a plot by Nancy Pelosi, "Sleepy Joe" Biden, and the Democrats in the House--you know. those people who want mail-in voting to keep Republicans from getting elected), and they will believe him when he says nobody told him about it.

Offline Flyboy

• A gentle word will calm the wrath...
  • Obsessed
« Reply #4329 on: June 30, 2020, 08:16:58 PM »
^^^

I've been watching the Dick Van Dyke Show series that has extras with Carl Reiner and Dick Van Dyke, talking about the series and at one point I was thinking, wow...these two guys are STILL with us, how great! 

His son Rob Reiner is 73, if you can believe it! (DVD is 94.)
And Rob is still acting too!!  :o :o :o

Offline Gazapete

• Lost in Translation
  • Obsessed
« Reply #4330 on: June 30, 2020, 11:14:51 PM »
No, but that's not saying much because I can't believe I'm 62 either.  :laugh:

Nah, can't believe it either ;)

Offline ingmarnicebbmt

• THE MAKER MAKES
  • Obsessed
  • FOR HEAVEN's JAKE ! Jakeing off at Jakea.
« Reply #4331 on: July 01, 2020, 02:33:07 AM »

WISE UP

Ing KräddiBöll & Ingmariposa & Ingelspringel & Ingicito & Ingalicious & IngWriter & Annbilivöbäll WORD WIZARD

sausage-on-a-roll-poster & charkuterimästare

And maybe, he thought, they'd never got much farther than that.

Offline gattaca

• Obsessed
  • How do you hide when you are running from yourself
« Reply #4332 on: July 01, 2020, 06:49:18 AM »
^^^^ Nice thought....

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
« Reply #4333 on: July 01, 2020, 10:16:27 AM »
I cannot wait to get out of this benighted state

AUSTIN (KXAN) — In an appearance on Fox News Tuesday, Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick told host Laura Ingraham, “I don’t need his advice anymore,” when they were discussing the nation’s top infectious disease doctor, Anthony Fauci.

“Fauci said today that he’s concerned about states like Texas that skipped over certain things,” Patrick said in a clip from the June 30 show. “He doesn’t know what he’s talking about. We haven’t skipped over anything. The only thing I’m skipping over is listening to him.”

Patrick claimed Fauci “has been wrong every time on every issue,” but did not elaborate.

https://www.kxan.com/news/coronavirus/no-thank-you-dr-fauci-lt-gov-patrick-says-he-wont-listen-to-nations-top-covid-19-expert/
Bye, Felicia

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
« Reply #4334 on: July 01, 2020, 10:26:27 AM »
yeah Dan, great job

Bye, Felicia