The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: News and Current Events - 2017  (Read 228850 times)

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
Re: News and Current Events - 2017
« Reply #4470 on: July 30, 2020, 03:23:23 PM »

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/column-gop-plan-cant-sue-172938487.html

If you were looking for evidence that Republicans in Congress have no sympathy for workers facing illness or worse from the coronavirus pandemic, look past the party's proposal to cut unemployment benefits.

Instead, focus on the provision in its coronavirus relief bill that Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) calls a must-have in any bill that passes: It's liability protection for employers whose employees get sick at work. This proposal has received scant attention in coverage of the GOP plan. But it's more vicious than you could possibly imagine.

In GOP plan, you can't sue your employers for giving you COVID — but they can sue you.

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #4471 on: July 30, 2020, 04:45:54 PM »

First we had this:

Then we had this:

and now we have this:

Former GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain dies after battle with coronavirus

PUBLISHED THU, JUL 30 2020  Kevin Breuninger

Herman Cain, a former presidential hopeful who was once considered by President Donald Trump for the Federal Reserve, has died after being hospitalized with the coronavirus. He was 74.

Cain’s death was announced Thursday on his website by Dan Calabrese, who edits the site and had previously written about his colleague’s diagnosis.

“Herman Cain – our boss, our friend, like a father to so many of us – has passed away,” Calabrese said in the blog post. “We all prayed so hard every day. We knew the time would come when the Lord would call him home, but we really liked having him here with us, and we held out hope he’d have a full recovery.”

Cain was among the highest-profile public figures in the United States to have died from Covid-19. Less than two weeks before receiving his diagnosis, Cain attended Trump’s campaign rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma, which had been staged despite concerns about mass gatherings during the pandemic.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/30/former-gop-presidential-candidate-herman-cain-dies-after-battle-with-coronavirus.html

Online fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #4472 on: July 30, 2020, 06:13:35 PM »
Sow, reap.

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline gattaca

• Obsessed
  • How do you hide when you are running from yourself
« Reply #4473 on: July 30, 2020, 06:21:24 PM »
^^^ Yeap.  He was clearly at Trump's rally -> flaunting being without a mask. Incubation timing is right.
Sadly, he lost his life to GOP ignorance, arrogance and campaign of misinformation and lies starting with POTUS on down.

Online killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #4474 on: July 31, 2020, 12:41:54 AM »
^^^^^ Also think of all the people he came into contact with whom he exposed to the virus. I suppose I don't have sympathy for them either.
Nature has cunning ways of finding our weakest spot.
Call Me By Your Name

Offline gattaca

• Obsessed
  • How do you hide when you are running from yourself
« Reply #4475 on: July 31, 2020, 07:04:29 AM »
^^^^ I draw the lines at well if he exposed people who WERE wearing a mask and infected them... well too bad you or your family cannot sue the *@(*@ bastard but if you were right there with him, cheering on TOM and doing stupid like no mask and no 6'+, then you get everything you deserve - karma baby karma.  My only exception are minors and their parents telling them that wearing no mask is just fine b/c it's your "god-given right" ...the part they conveniently omit is "to kill others". 

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #4476 on: August 01, 2020, 01:23:16 PM »

Nancy, is this getting on the news in Houston? Do you know about that doctor in Houston that Trump has spotlighted who claims that gynecological problems like cysts and endometriosis are in fact caused by people having sex in their dreams with demons and witches? She also alleges alien DNA is currently used in medical treatments and that scientists are cooking up a vaccine to prevent people from being religious. And despite the fact that the Republicans invited her to appear in Washington, D.C. to lobby Congress because Trump says she promotes hydroxychloroquine, she thinks the Government in said city is run in part not by humans but by "reptilians" and other aliens. (So who does she think she'll be talking to?)

Just on the surface, I wonder: This doctor is allowed to have a practicing medical license?

Trump would not disavow this doctor when asked about this. Why? Because she agrees with him about one thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQS5mK_7dh8

"Ladies & Gentlemen, I give you the next Surgeon General of the United States!"

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #4477 on: August 01, 2020, 01:25:34 PM »
Has anyone gotten these seeds?

https://youtu.be/8NIWFGT26gw

Most of the news items about this subject are tongue-in-cheek. Like the one above. But should they be?

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
  • ...suspended above ordinary affairs...
« Reply #4478 on: August 01, 2020, 03:26:03 PM »
Lyle, I haven't heard anything about her in Austin, she sounds like a real moron.  And I guess since I think she's a lunatic, and she's black, I'm a racist...ok by me.

Trump promotes a doctor who has claimed alien DNA was used in medical treatments

Immanuel received her medical degree from a university in Nigeria in 1990, according to the Texas Medical Board database. On her Facebook page, Immanuel says she was born in Cameroon and describes herself as "God's battle axe and weapon of war."

In the video, which was livestreamed by the right-wing media outlet Breitbart News and shared by Trump on Monday, Immanuel makes claims about coronavirus that run counter to multiple studies and advice from public health officials, including the Trump administration's own health experts. Breitbart did not respond to CNN's request for comment.

"This virus has a cure, it's called hydroxychloroquine, zinc, and Zithromax," Immanuel says, despite several high-quality studies that show the anti-malarial drug alone or in combination with others does not help Covid-19 patients.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/29/politics/stella-immanuel-trump-doctor/index.html
Bye, Felicia

"What a maroon."  Bugs Bunny

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
« Reply #4479 on: August 01, 2020, 03:34:34 PM »
ok, I think this pretty much sums it up...she is a lunatic with a president supporting her...what else is new?

Immanuel leads a church in Katy called Fire Power Ministries and she focuses on deliverance, or using rituals to cleanse people of evil spirits or demons. She has said she believes in alien DNA, and in 2013 she shared a video saying that certain women’s diseases are caused by sex with demons in dreams.

“They are responsible for serious gynecological problems,” she said in the 2013 video.“We call them all kinds of names — endometriosis, we call them molar pregnancies, we call them fibroids, we call them cysts. But most of them are evil deposits from the spirit husband. They are responsible for miscarriages, impotence, men that can’t get it up.”

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/It-s-not-a-joke-Controversial-Houston-15447759.php
Bye, Felicia

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
« Reply #4480 on: August 01, 2020, 03:36:20 PM »
Hey, since it's been 4 years, can Obama run again?  It's just 3 terms IN A ROW, right?  Can we get him back?
Bye, Felicia

Online fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #4481 on: August 01, 2020, 05:59:33 PM »
It's curious how the base thinks that term limits don't apply to their deity, but certainly do to the former President.

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #4482 on: August 01, 2020, 07:08:39 PM »
She thinks the Government in said city is run in part not by humans but by "reptilians" and other aliens.

She just might be right about that.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #4483 on: August 01, 2020, 07:15:26 PM »
Immanuel received her medical degree from a university in Nigeria in 1990, according to the Texas Medical Board database.

OK, well, that's particularly embarrassing. The organization I work for is involved in medical licensure and closely related to an organization that licences graduates of foreign medical schools to practice in the U.S. You can't just waltz into the U.S. with a medical degree from a university in Nigeria and begin to practice medicine.

Unless, maybe, Texas didn't do its due diligence and she's practicing illegally to begin with.

I don't know.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 12:59:09 PM by Jeff Wrangler »

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #4484 on: August 02, 2020, 12:42:02 PM »
She just might be right about that.

:P