The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: News and Current Events - 2017 - 2021  (Read 413534 times)

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
Re: News and Current Events - 2017 - 2021
« Reply #6075 on: June 19, 2021, 04:51:12 PM »
Happy Boitday Lyle's Mom dawlin hawt!

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #6076 on: June 19, 2021, 05:01:45 PM »
A thought, or question. Will Juneteeth now overshadow Pride Month? hmmmmm?  :-\

Most cities, at least, can do both.

In many years past Philadelphia has had its Odunde Festival (a celebration of African and African American culture) on the same day as Philly Gay Pride. There was never a problem or conflict.

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #6077 on: June 20, 2021, 10:37:31 AM »
Happy Boitday Lyle's Mom dawlin hawt!

:)   (((((( Fritz ))))))

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
« Reply #6078 on: June 21, 2021, 07:48:38 PM »
The Spectacular Failure of the MyPillow Guy’s Mask Operation

Roger Sollenberger - Jun. 20, 2021

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell’s charity and business combo venture to make and sell COVID-19 masks has cost him millions of dollars, according to the increasingly far-right conservative figure.

Today his company is sitting on millions of unsold face coverings, which he now despises and wants to burn.

“I can’t give them away,” Lindell told The Daily Beast in a phone interview this week. “I tried to. No one wants the things anymore.”

Lindell, who claims to have retrofitted about 75 percent of MyPillow’s manufacturing line to sew cloth masks, said the machinery and space he’d invested in now sits idle and empty. The CEO estimates he was able to offload about 5 percent of his mask inventory, and that all told, the operation cost his company and him personally a combined $7 million.

“How many of those do we have, that we ought to just burn?” Lindell asked an aide during the interview. The assistant confirmed the number was about two million.

Lindell chalks up his losses to various parties, including “many bad people in the mask industry,” Google, the media, and politically motivated boycotts. But the biggest hit came when foreign competitors undercut prices and flooded the market.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-spectacular-failure-of-mypillow-guy-mike-lindells-mask-operation

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #6079 on: June 21, 2021, 07:52:32 PM »
OH what a shame...... NOT!! I could not have happened to a  more deserving guy!  You reap what you sow!!
"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward."
... Kierkegaard

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #6080 on: June 21, 2021, 07:52:57 PM »
MyPillow Guy’s MAGA Rally Rouses ‘Stop the Steal’ Truthers With Corn Dogs and Hate for Fox News

Jared Goyette - Jun. 13, 2021

At just over seven months since Donald Trump lost the presidential election, just how strong is the siren song of “stop the steal” conspiracy theories within the Republican base? An answer of sorts could be found in the thousands of people wearing Trump-themed “patriot” gear who streamed into a grass field on Saturday to attend a “free speech festival” organized by one of the leading lights of election fraud misinformation: MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell.

While Trump was scheduled to address the predominantly white crowd via Jumbotron, Lindell, who dubbed the event a “free speech Woodstock,” inexplicably threatened to end an interview with The Daily Beast when asked if the rally could be seen as a show of strength of the Trump movement generally.

“I’m the one who paid for this whole rally, I’m the one who put this on. I paid for everything out of my pocket,” Lindell said. “You asked me what it means? Every single person in this country, Democrats, Republican, everybody that has been canceled, just people in general, that have been canceled out. You can’t talk about machines, you can’t talk about election fraud, you can’t talk about vaccines… you can’t talk about anything or they cancel you out.”

But Trump was clearly on the mind, shirts, hats and signs of the attendees. There was a distinctive festival-like feel, with a line leading to a patriotic face paint tent (lots of reds, white and blues, with some fireworks), just down the way from a corn dog stand, itself located next to a parade float with large letters spelling out “Trump 2021.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/mypillow-guy-mike-lindells-maga-rally-rouses-stop-the-steal-truthers-with-corn-dogs-and-hate-for-fox-news

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #6081 on: June 21, 2021, 07:56:28 PM »
Rudy Giuliani, Sidney Powell, and Fox News have August date confirmed for court bid to dismiss $2.7 billion Smartmatic lawsuit

Kevin Shalvey - June 19, 2021

A New York Supreme Court on August 17 will hear arguments from Rudy Giuliani, Sidney Powell, and Fox Corporation in their bid for the dismissal of a $2.7 billion defamation case brought by Smartmatic.

The election-technology company said in its February complaint that the defendants - including Fox News and hosts Jeanine Pirro, Maria Bartiromo, and Lou Dobbs - spread disinformation about the November 2020 presidential election.

The arguments are set for 9:30 a.m. in front of Judge David Benjamin Cohen, according to the court.

Giuliani and Powell, lawyers for President Donald Trump, appeared on Fox News following the election to say the election had been rigged by Smartmatic and Dominion Voting Systems.

https://news.yahoo.com/rudy-giuliani-sidney-powell-fox-091415906.html

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #6082 on: June 21, 2021, 08:04:27 PM »
The Spectacular Failure of the MyPillow Guy’s Mask Operation

Roger Sollenberger - Jun. 20, 2021

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell’s charity and business combo venture to make and sell COVID-19 masks has cost him millions of dollars, according to the increasingly far-right conservative figure.

Today his company is sitting on millions of unsold face coverings, which he now despises and wants to burn.

“I can’t give them away,” Lindell told The Daily Beast in a phone interview this week. “I tried to. No one wants the things anymore.”

Lindell, who claims to have retrofitted about 75 percent of MyPillow’s manufacturing line to sew cloth masks, said the machinery and space he’d invested in now sits idle and empty. The CEO estimates he was able to offload about 5 percent of his mask inventory, and that all told, the operation cost his company and him personally a combined $7 million.

“How many of those do we have, that we ought to just burn?” Lindell asked an aide during the interview. The assistant confirmed the number was about two million.

Lindell chalks up his losses to various parties, including “many bad people in the mask industry,” Google, the media, and politically motivated boycotts. But the biggest hit came when foreign competitors undercut prices and flooded the market.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-spectacular-failure-of-mypillow-guy-mike-lindells-mask-operation

OH what a shame...... NOT!! I could not have happened to a  more deserving guy!  You reap what you sow!!

He's trying sheets now. I swear Saturday morning I saw a commercial on MeTV where he was hawking bed sheets.

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #6083 on: June 21, 2021, 08:11:32 PM »
Oh geez.   Why doesn't he just go away?

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #6084 on: June 24, 2021, 01:47:15 PM »
The Pandemic Led To The Biggest Drop In U.S. Life Expectancy Since WWII, Study Finds

A new study estimates that life expectancy in the U.S. decreased by nearly two years between 2018 and 2020, largely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. And the declines were most pronounced among minority groups, including Black and Hispanic people.

In 2018, average life expectancy in the U.S. was about 79 years (78.7). It declined to about 77 years (76.9) by the end of 2020, according to a new study published in the British Medical Journal.

We have not seen a decrease like this since World War II. It's a horrific decrease in life expectancy," said Steven Woolf of the Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine and an author of the study released on Wednesday. (The study is based on data from the National Center for Health Statistics and includes simulated estimates for 2020.

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/23/1009611699/the-pandemic-led-to-the-biggest-drop-in-u-s-life-expectancy-since-ww-ii-study-fi

"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward."
... Kierkegaard

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #6085 on: June 24, 2021, 05:50:16 PM »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Rudy Giuliani suspended from practicing law in New York state

By Erica Orden, Veronica Stracqualursi and Katelyn Polantz, CNN - June 24, 2021

Rudy Giuliani, the former personal lawyer for former President Donald Trump who once held one of the legal profession's most prestigious jobs, was suspended Thursday from practicing law in New York state by an appellate court that found he made "demonstrably false and misleading statements" about the 2020 election.

In a ruling released following disciplinary proceedings, the court concluded that "there is uncontroverted evidence" that Giuliani, the former Manhattan US attorney, "communicated demonstrably false and misleading statements to courts, lawmakers and the public at large in his capacity as lawyer for former President Donald J. Trump and the Trump campaign in connection with Trump's failed effort at reelection in 2020."

Giuliani's "conduct immediately threatens the public interest and warrants interim suspension from the practice of law," the court wrote.

The suspension of his law license marks a precipitous fall for the former New York City mayor, once considered an accomplished and formidable force in legal circles. In recent years, however, Giuliani's reputation has suffered as he has come under criminal investigation by the office he used to lead, the Manhattan US Attorney's office, for possible illegal lobbying. He has denied wrongdoing.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/24/politics/rudy-giuliani-suspended-law/

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #6086 on: June 24, 2021, 05:57:19 PM »
Rudy Giuliani skips Dominion, Powell, MyPillow-Lindell defamation case hearing after his law license gets revoked in NY

Kevin Breuninger - JUN 24 2021

Rudy Giuliani did not show up for a court hearing Thursday in a $1.3 billion defamation case against him that took place hours after his New York law license was suspended due to his alleged “false and misleading” claims about the 2020 election.

All the other major figures involved in the hearing — MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell, lawyer Sidney Powell, Dominion Voting Systems chief John Poulos and even famed attorney Alan Dershowitz — were in attendance, either in person or by phone.

But Joseph Sibley, Giuliani’s lawyer in the case, told a federal judge in Washington that he was the only person there representing Giuliani in his bid to have the defamation suit dismissed.

“It’s just me,” Sibley said at the start of the hearing.

Earlier on Thursday, a New York state appellate court suspended Giuliani, the 77-year-old former mayor of New York City and the onetime U.S. attorney for Manhattan, from practicing law in the Empire State.

In their searing order, a panel of five judges cited Giuliani’s “demonstrably false and misleading statements,” made in his capacity as former President Donald Trump’s lawyer and with the intention of bolstering the baseless narrative that the 2020 election was stolen due to widespread fraud.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/24/rudy-giuliani-skips-dominion-powell-mypillow-lindell-hearing.html

Offline fritzkep

• Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #6087 on: June 24, 2021, 06:55:07 PM »
Couldn't happen to a more deserving individual.

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #6088 on: June 24, 2021, 07:02:54 PM »
I know, right?

8) 8)

Offline fritzkep

• Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #6089 on: June 24, 2021, 07:24:28 PM »
I like the good old German word Schadenfreude better! Especially when things are schadenfreudelicious!