The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: News and Current Events - 2017 - 2022  (Read 763456 times)

Online CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
Re: News and Current Events - 2017 - 2021
« Reply #6180 on: July 19, 2021, 03:47:41 PM »
thanks for those extra links, Fritzie.

I'm glad he's spending some time in jail, but I wish it was longer, because he's not going to do the whole 8 months.

Online CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #6181 on: July 19, 2021, 09:54:18 PM »
Twitter temporarily suspends Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene for vaccine misinformation

By Donie O'Sullivan and Paul LeBlanc, CNN - July 19, 2021

Twitter on Monday evening temporarily suspended Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene after she shared misinformation about Covid-19 and vaccines, a company spokesperson told CNN.

The Georgia Republican, who has a track record of incendiary rhetoric, will not be able to tweet for 12 hours due to Twitter's policy against people who repeatedly share misinformation.

The social media platform had labeled two tweets from Greene as "misleading" in recent days. If she continues to share misinformation about Covid-19 through her Twitter account, Greene could be suspended from the platform permanently.

The temporary suspension comes as the White House has struck a confrontational posture with social media platforms over the prevalence of misleading claims about coronavirus vaccines as cases tick up nationwide.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/19/politics/marjorie-taylor-greene-twitter-ban/index.html

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #6182 on: July 20, 2021, 03:18:38 PM »
"The fascinating thing about this vision of the future from a German magazine in 1930 is not only did they envision smart phones and Facetime, but that they totally got the culture right: two people sitting at a table and ignoring each other while they look into their phones."

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Online CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #6183 on: July 20, 2021, 03:44:24 PM »
Trump ally Tom Barrack charged with acting as an agent of a foreign government

By Erica Orden - July 20, 2021

Tom Barrack, a former adviser to former President Donald Trump, was charged Tuesday with illegal foreign lobbying on behalf of the United Arab Emirates for what federal prosecutors in Brooklyn described as an effort to influence the foreign policy positions of both the 2016 Trump presidential campaign and the subsequent incoming administration.

Barrack is charged in a seven-count indictment with acting as an agent of the UAE between April 2016 and April 2018. He is also charged with obstruction of justice and making false statements to federal law enforcement agents.

Barrack was the chairman of Trump's inaugural committee, and while some of the charged conduct concerns the presidential transition, it appears unrelated to the inaugural festivities.

According to the indictment, Barrack and two other men charged Tuesday -- Matthew Grimes of Aspen, Colorado, and Rashid Sultan Rashid Al Malik Alshahhi, a UAE national -- capitalized on Barrack's status as a senior outside adviser to the Trump campaign to "advance the interests of and provide intelligence to the UAE while simultaneously failing to notify the Attorney General that their actions were taken at the direction of senior UAE officials."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/20/politics/tom-barrack-arrested/index.html

Online killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #6184 on: July 20, 2021, 05:36:47 PM »
"The fascinating thing about this vision of the future from a German magazine in 1930 is not only did they envision smart phones and Facetime, but that they totally got the culture right: two people sitting at a table and ignoring each other while they look into their phones."

WOW! This is something!! How forward thinking.
"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward."
... Kierkegaard

Online CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #6185 on: July 20, 2021, 07:32:14 PM »

We've talked in the past about Steve Grand.  An openly gay singer who made waves with his first videos, "American Boy" and "Stay".

He posted this to his Twitter feed and Facebook account about a half hour ago.

I tested positive for COVID-19 today. I’m fully vaccinated.

I started experiencing symptoms last Friday, a day after I flew back from Ptown.

I say this not to alarm, but to notify anyone who had contact with me while I was out there. Considering the timeline, I believe I must have gotten it while in ptown.

I also want to remind folks that you still can get COVID after being vaccinated. I had both Moderna shots about 2 months ago.

Thankfully, and very likely because of the vaccine, my symptoms are very mild: dry cough, fatigue, but mostly, I just feel a little “off.”

Also, I want to apologize for having to cancel my last 4 shows in ptown. It broke my heart to have to do that but it clearly was a blessing in disguise, as I ended up having COVID.

Stay safe out there. If you are unvaccinated, have a look at the stats and the fact that the vast majority of COVID hospitalizations are those without the vaccine; some 99% of Covid deaths are those that are unvaccinated…take into consideration those who are unable to be vaccinated…

Online CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #6186 on: July 20, 2021, 07:59:02 PM »

As a follow up.

Boston urges Provincetown visitors to get tested for COVID-19, self-isolate

The Boston Public Health Commission said at least 35 COVID-19 cases in Boston residents have been traced back to a cluster in Provincetown, adding that the overwhelming majority of the patients were fully vaccinated.

The city's health commission issued new guidance Tuesday to all Boston residents who have traveled to Provincetown so far during the month of July and until further notice.

The city is telling visitors to the town to get tested for COVID-19 at least five days after returning, regardless of vaccination status or symptoms.

Boston health officials are also asking visitors to self-isolate and avoid groups or gatherings for at least five days and until they receive a negative COVID-19 test, regardless of vaccination status.

The new guidance comes 24 hours after Provincetown officials issued a public health advisory, following the recent uptick in COVID-19 cases.

https://www.wcvb.com/article/boston-urges-provincetown-visitors-to-get-tested-for-covid-19-self-isolate/37081934#

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #6187 on: July 20, 2021, 09:01:30 PM »
Darn, that's a shame. Hope it's mild and that he doesn't suffer any long-term effects.

The transmission rate of the Delta variant is horrendous.

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline gattaca

• Obsessed
  • How do you hide when you are running from yourself
« Reply #6188 on: July 21, 2021, 09:07:35 AM »
^^^ People are underestimating DeltaV and our vaccine's ability to thwart DeltaV entry to cells.  Going mask-less when we continue having a significant number of anti-vaxxers in the population is asking for trouble on break-thrus, escalating infection rates and further mutations. While most COVID19 cases may be "labeled mild" in the vaccinated, that does NOT mean they are less dangerous to the individuals - short or longer term.   We just don't know for sure what "other effects" break-thru cases may cause down the road.   We do understand that the virus attacks more organs than lung tissue so it could still call havoc and other longer term organ issues.....  :(

I attended a funeral (one of those you MUST attend...) on 10 Jul near my home-town. Of the maybe 150 people there, 3 people (including me) had on masks and I was the only one wearing a true "N95".  I was saddened but not surprised given it's political makeup feeds on a daily diet of "Fox Lies" and GOP radio propaganda.   

My workplace is projecting to re-open in early September.  I have very, very mixed feelings about that.  For sure, I'm masking up and I might even fall back to my respirator since it's way more comfortable.  Will see how all this plays. V.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 05:19:43 AM by gattaca »

Online CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #6189 on: July 22, 2021, 04:54:51 PM »
Mike Lindell is offering $5 million to anyone who can disprove his allegations of voter fraud - if they show up to his cyber symposium

Grace Dean & Hannah Towey - July 22, 2021

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell, a staunch ally of former President Donald Trump and leading promoter of voter-fraud conspiracy theories, said he'd give $5 million to anyone who can disprove data that he claims shows election interference.

But there's a catch. To be eligible, you have to attend his upcoming cyber symposium, which is taking place in South Dakota between August 10 and 12.

And the event isn't open to the public, according to an ad for the event posted on Lindell's website Frank. Invitees include politicians, cybersecurity experts, and the media, though it will also be streamed for 72 hours on Frank.

Lindell said he wants the symposium to be the most-watched live event in history and is aiming for 1 billion people to watch it via his website, Salon's Zachary Petrizzo reported. He has reserved 800 rooms for the event, but few officials have said they will attend.

https://news.yahoo.com/mike-lindell-offering-5-million-145221602.html

Online killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #6190 on: July 22, 2021, 07:49:32 PM »
^^^^^
And of course he's going to say when nobody shows up to this, "See, they can't disprove it! ", not the fact that everyone has something better to do, like clip their toenail!!

What an absolute jacka**!
"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward."
... Kierkegaard

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #6191 on: July 22, 2021, 08:23:28 PM »
Lindell [...] has reserved 800 rooms for the event, but few officials have said they will attend.

Well this is proof enough!!!

Offline gattaca

• Obsessed
  • How do you hide when you are running from yourself
« Reply #6192 on: July 23, 2021, 05:41:27 AM »
Folks - buckle up and batten down the hatches.  We are in for a rough, rough ride!

Here's the GOP's first run at overturning Roe v. Wade with those worthless last 3 SCOTUS appointments of the GOS/POS!

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mississippi-asks-supreme-court-overturn-roe-wade/story?id=79002802&cid=clicksource_4380645_1_heads_hero_live_headlines_hed

V.

Online CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #6193 on: July 24, 2021, 01:03:15 PM »
Conservative radio host hospitalized with COVID-19, urges vaccinations

By Lexi Lonas  - 07/24/21

Conservative radio host Phil Valentine has been hospitalized after contracting the coronavirus, with his family saying he regrets not getting the vaccine.

His family said in a statement that he is suffering from “COVID Pneumonia” and is in the critical care unit. He needs breathing assistance but is not on a ventilator, Radio Online reported.

Valentine has hosted “The Phil Valentine Show” for years on WWTN, speaking to his audience for four hours on weekdays.

"Phil would like for his listeners to know that while he has never been an 'anti-vaxer' he regrets not being more vehemently 'Pro-Vaccine,' and looks forward to being able to more vigorously advocate that position as soon as he is back on the air, which we all hope will be soon," his family said in its statement.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/564658-conservative-radio-host-hospitalized-with-covid-19-urges-vaccinations

Online CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #6194 on: July 24, 2021, 01:06:58 PM »
Man behind viral tweet 'I got 99 problems but a vax ain't one' dies of COVID-19 in SoCal hospital

A man who mocked COVID-19 vaccinations died this week at a Los Angeles-area hospital after contracting the virus.

Stephen Harmon was 34.  Harmon died on Wednesday at Corona Regional Medical Center, about an hour's drive east of Los Angeles.

Stephen Harmon posted photos of himself in his hospital bed, wrote that he had pneumonia and critically low oxygen levels and was going to be intubated. In a tweet Wednesday, Harmon wrote: "Don’t know when I’ll wake up, please pray."

Three days before his death, Harmon tweeted: "If you don’t have faith that God can heal me over your stupid ventilator then keep the Hell out of my ICU room, there’s no room in here for fear or lack of faith!"

https://www.ktvu.com/news/man-behind-viral-tweet-i-got-99-problems-but-a-vax-aint-one-dies-of-covid-19-in-socal-hospital