The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: News and Current Events - 2017 - 2021  (Read 409871 times)

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
Re: News and Current Events - 2017 - 2021
« Reply #6420 on: November 22, 2021, 10:42:46 AM »

In cases like this, I really wish we could have transcripts of the jury deliberations. I'd really like to see how they justified their verdicts. The truth is, if I were in a jury pool, I would not be on the jury. They'd ask me my opinion of guns and the like and I'd tell them and I would be dismissed as a juror because I wouldn't be impartial. In this case, impartial means you have to approve, be open-minded, of people carrying AK-47's around, because if you don't, you're going to get kicked off the jury.

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
Re: News and Current Events - 2017 - 2021
« Reply #6421 on: November 24, 2021, 08:31:55 PM »

Thank God!

All 3 men guilty of murder in the killing of Ahmaud Arbery

By Eliott C. McLaughlin, Devon M. Sayers, Alta Spells and Steve Almasy, CNN  -   November 24, 2021

A jury Wednesday found three White men charged in the killing of Ahmaud Arbery, a 25-year-old Black man, guilty on multiple murder counts, as well as other charges.

The verdict, delivered by nine White women, two White men and one Black man, came after more than 11 hours of deliberation spanning two days. It followed eight days of testimony, involving 23 witnesses.

Arbery's parents appeared alongside civil rights stalwarts outside the courthouse following the verdict. They praised the prosecution and supporters who joined the family in their fight for justice for their son, whose killing drew national outrage and helped cast a spotlight on other racially driven crimes around the country.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/24/us/ahmaud-arbery-killing-trial-wednesday-jury-deliberations/index.html