The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: What Movie Did You Watch This Weekend? The Third.  (Read 427704 times)

Offline Flyboy

• A gentle word will calm the wrath...
  • Obsessed
Re: What Movie Did You Watch This Weekend? The Third.
« Reply #360 on: November 02, 2018, 01:38:51 PM »
Yes, I caught the bit on Corden's show. I NEVER watch him. She's gone full-bore on the plastic surgery now!! LORD!! I think she everything done from the neck on UP! Yet, I suppose she can still claim to never having her nose fixed........hmmm? Some say she's been having little nips and tucks since the late 80's, who can say? I hope she stops before she starts looking completely garish like some do.......not my beeswax, I guess. Wonder is James will have his neck done too? All that money, why not?! LOL....

I wanted her to stop singing around 2000/2001, that timeframe. Her voice has mostly been hoarse sounding since then. No more belting those notes out non-stop. I did see her in 2006, a GIFT to me. I would have NEVER paid to see her then, but FREE is FREE, so I went!! hahaha.......sorry, wrong thread here!!

I'm going to try and see The Kindergarten Teacher with Maggie G this weekend, again!! Last time my NetFlix wouldn't cooperate, so I need to try again. I hope it's good! She one of my favorite actors......I dare say I like her work better than Jake's!!  :o :o :o :o

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #361 on: November 02, 2018, 02:53:12 PM »
I'm sure you know Barbra has a new album coming out titled WALLS.  So, she's been popping up here
and there on TV lately.  Last night she was on James Corden's show and did a Carpool Karaoke segment
with him.  Did you see it?  If not:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSG7Os-Uzlk

She's also going to appear on Real Time with Bill Maher on Friday. I'm sure youtube will come up with some clips or segments
if one doesn't get HBO.  I might have been surprised she'd be a guest on that show, but he had an Anniversary special last
month and she did some interview segments for it.

I just realized Friday--that's today!

The only problem I have with Barbra is that she has had another round of plastic surgery and is starting to look like The Cat Woman.
"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward."
... Kierkegaard

Offline Flyboy

• Obsessed
« Reply #362 on: November 03, 2018, 12:37:24 PM »
Tis True, Linda!! To each their own, I guess.  :o :o :o

Offline gattaca

• Obsessed
  • How do you hide when you are running from yourself
« Reply #363 on: November 03, 2018, 02:42:36 PM »
Tis True, Linda!! To each their own, I guess.  :o :o :o
LOL, it's all a part of the Hollywood Persona... keep it up!  V.  8)

Offline Flyboy

• Obsessed
« Reply #364 on: November 10, 2018, 08:47:11 AM »
I'm going to watch Outlaw King this weekend sometime!!  ;D

Offline Flyboy

• Obsessed
« Reply #365 on: November 10, 2018, 08:49:21 AM »
Oh, and going to TRY and watch The Kindergarten Teacher with Maggie G......it wouldn't keep running last time I tried watched it, fits and starts all through the first 10 minutes!!  >:( >:( >:( >:(
So, we'll see...........don't know if anyone here has watched it though......

Offline B.W.

• Obsessed
« Reply #366 on: November 10, 2018, 04:49:20 PM »
I'm going to watch Outlaw King this weekend sometime!!  ;D

I think that Paramount Pictures is going to make a film on Robert the Bruce that will serve as a sequel to Mel Gibson's "Braveheart" (1995).

Offline B.W.

• Obsessed
« Reply #367 on: November 10, 2018, 04:52:53 PM »
It's sorta the weekend here.  ;)

I watched A Star is Born last night. Only because I am a bit of a Streisand fan, and loved her version of this story and I wanted to see what the newest version did differently. Someone commented that they spent the whole time wishing they could WASH Bradley Cooper's hair!! hahaha.......so that caught my attention as well. He does seem kinda greasy throughout the film, like he just needs a good soaping down and shampoo! But the 2 stars did make the film and story their own, IMHO, you understand? There were parts I didn't care for, and the overall film didn't really move me to tears at the end, like some have said. Cooper did a good job of performing, I was surprised by his voice. And Gaga, well, she was dialed-down for this role. When success found her in the film, I thought her performances after that part would be mind-blowing. I'd love to see her live though. Not sure that when THAT will happen. The film will make a ton of money, but Oscar-worthy performances? Hmmm, I don't think so. Sam Elliot and Andrew Dice Clay were GREAT in their parts. I think one of them could earn an Oscar nom.........you never know.......

I am probably only one of a few people that actually liked the film adaptation of "Hello, Dolly!".  Barbra was great in "Yentl", at least I thought so.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #368 on: November 10, 2018, 08:14:50 PM »
I am probably only one of a few people that actually liked the film adaptation of "Hello, Dolly!".

I guess I'm another one of the few. I like it, too. I take it on its own terms, I enjoy the music and the spectacle, and I don't worry about anything else.

Offline brianr

• Obsessed
« Reply #369 on: November 10, 2018, 08:59:06 PM »

I am probably only one of a few people that actually liked the film adaptation of "Hello, Dolly!".  Barbra was great in "Yentl", at least I thought so.
I loved Barbra in Hello Dolly and have seen the movie several times. In fact I had seen it before I saw the stage musical in a suburban amateur production in which a friend was acting. I am afraid I came out and said about the poor actress who did her best "She is no Barbra Streisand".

Offline brianr

• Obsessed
« Reply #370 on: November 10, 2018, 09:12:23 PM »
I saw "Bohemian Rhapsody" and enjoyed it very much. At 2 and a quarter hours I was a bit hesitant at seeing it but did not look at my watch until near the end. I believe there are a lot of inaccuracies. If you had asked me a week before which songs were sung by Queen, I would not have been able to tell you. However, as I was regularly at discos every weekend from about 1978 to 82, most of the songs were recognisable.  With the exception of the Beatles and perhaps the Village People, I have never taken a lot of notice of who is singing, just enjoy the music. Despite living in Sydney, I had never attended a Rock Concert until I moved to Dunedin and saw Elton John at our the new covered stadium in 2011.
I remember we were a bit p...d off with Freddie because he did not admit to having AIDS nor being bisexual until the day he died.

Offline Gazapete

• Lost in Translation
  • Obsessed
« Reply #371 on: November 10, 2018, 11:33:47 PM »
I remember that too, Brian, I guess he just wanted to keep his privacy, because he never was one to hide himself. Let's see if I can drag my M to watch the movie with me , I have always loved Queen. That's why I'm a bit hesitant to watch it.

Offline tfferg

• Obsessed
« Reply #372 on: November 10, 2018, 11:36:44 PM »
I'd like to see it, but I'm not sure my bladder will hold out for 2 hours 15 minutes.

Offline brianr

• Obsessed
« Reply #373 on: November 11, 2018, 02:57:45 AM »
If you loved Queen I think you would love the movie. All the reviews are good about the actor who plays the role of Freddie and how well he portrays him, many say Oscar material.  While we see a bad side of Freddie, the rest of the band come over well. I certainly enjoyed the music.

Offline tfferg

• Obsessed
« Reply #374 on: November 11, 2018, 04:37:54 AM »
I would like to see the film, but i would have to go to the toilet at least once during a screening of that length.