The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Sports: Football, Baseball, Bball, Hockey, Etc. Vol. II  (Read 93039 times)

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
  • ...suspended above ordinary affairs...
Re: Sports: Football, Baseball, Bball, Hockey, Etc. Vol. II
« Reply #1710 on: July 29, 2020, 11:31:32 AM »
probably this....

One more Marlins player has tested positive for COVID-19, bringing total to 16 players and two coaches

https://bleacherreport.com/mlb
Bye, Felicia

"What a maroon."  Bugs Bunny

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #1711 on: July 29, 2020, 12:00:44 PM »

Did you see this, Jonn:

The Royals have added some Kansas City royalty to their franchise. Patrick Mahomes -- the star quarterback of the Kansas City Chiefs and reigning Super Bowl Most Valuable Player -- now is part owner of the Royals, the franchise announced Tuesday.

“We are very proud and excited to have Patrick as our partner in the ownership group of this franchise,” said John Sherman, the team’s CEO and principal owner.

“I’m honored to become a part owner of the Kansas City Royals,” said Mahomes, who once was a promising amateur baseball player as both a pitcher and hitter before he turned his attention to football. Mahomes father Pat pitched for six teams over 11 seasons in Major League Baseball from 1992-2003. The youngest owner in sports history, the 24-year-old Mahomes continues to add to his already impressive resume.

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #1712 on: July 29, 2020, 12:09:11 PM »

The Dodgers played the Houston *'s in Houston last night.

A writer called them: "The Astros and Dodgers -- the Hatfields and McCoys of Major League Baseball."    :-\

Dodgers top Astros in testy rematch: 5-2.   8)

Our pitcher, Joe Kelly, who has a history with the Astros from his Red Sox days, threw some questionable pitches to the Astros, depending on who is questioned.  :D. Benches cleared in a semi-social-distancing manner.

https://www.mlb.com/news/dodgers-astros-dugouts-clear-rematch

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #1713 on: July 29, 2020, 12:14:25 PM »
:laugh:   I guess we've covered today's:

Latest MLB Headlines
• Benches Clear in Dodgers-Astros
• Marlins Won't Play Until Monday
• Mahomes Buys Part of Royals
• Report: More Marlins Test Positive
• Yankees-Phillies Postponed Again

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
  • ...suspended above ordinary affairs...
« Reply #1714 on: July 29, 2020, 12:15:13 PM »
Dusty Baker on #Dodgers reliever Joe Kelly: "What really enraged everybody was what he told Carlos [Correa] when he struck him out, "Nice swing bitch!''
Bye, Felicia

"What a maroon."  Bugs Bunny

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #1715 on: July 29, 2020, 12:30:37 PM »
Joe Kelly has become a folk hero to the Dodgers fan base with one comment.

(There's already a t-shirt.)

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #1716 on: July 29, 2020, 05:13:25 PM »

I just found out, it just happened, that asshole Rob Manfred, Commissioner of Baseball has
suspended Pitcher Joe Kelly for 8 games and Manager Dave Roberts for 1 game.

May I remind the commissioner that the Astro players never got even 1 game suspension for cheating
nor any monetary fines nor anything else. NOTHING.

USA Today's the best column on this so far:

MLB Suspending Dodgers Pitcher Joe Kelly for 8 Games Is An Absolute Joke
Andy Nesbitt | USA TODAY

Major League Baseball is terrible at handing out punishments and making smart decisions so this news shouldn’t surprise anyone – Dodgers pitcher Joe Kelly has been suspended eight games for throwing at a few Astros players on Tuesday night and then brilliantly taunting them while walking off the mound. I mean, come on MLB. Eight games for that!? As the great Ken Rosenthal points out, this 8-game suspension in a 60-game season is the equivalent of a 22-game suspension in a normal 162-game schedule.

That’s also eight games more than any Astros players got for cheating.

Which is an absolute joke.

Also to be noted – Kelly, who doesn’t always have the best control, didn’t hit any of the Astros players that he threw at. So he’s basically getting suspended for throwing a ball near a batter, which is a pitcher’s job. Should he have avoided throwing the pitches behind the hitters? Yeah, probably. But still, nobody was hit by any pitch.

If anything, Rob Manfred should suspend himself for continuing to be so terrible at his job.

Manfred, of course, didn’t suspend any Astros players for their roles in the trash-can cheating scandal that helped them win the World Series over the Dodgers in 2017. Manfred, in defending his decision on that lack of punishment, even called the World Series trophy just a “piece of metal.” By not punishing any of the players he left the Astros more vulnerable to situations like we saw Tuesday night. What did he think was going to happen when members of the Dodgers and other teams had to see that nobody was punished for that scandal? Were they just going to accept the fact that the league doesn’t care and move on with their peaceful lives? No, of course not.

I think we can all agree that Manfred is a bumbling fool who should have been out of a job a very long time ago. Punishing Kelly for such a long time in such a short season is more proof that Manfred and MLB are completely out of touch with reality. Kelly is protesting his suspension and will be eligible to pitch tonight and if I’m the Dodgers I just let him go out there and pitch the first inning as a big middle finger to a league and a boss that are way over their collective skies.

THIS HAS REALLY PISSED ME OFF.

Offline Flyboy

• A gentle word will calm the wrath...
  • Obsessed
« Reply #1717 on: July 29, 2020, 06:23:53 PM »
Did you see this, Jonn:

The Royals have added some Kansas City royalty to their franchise. Patrick Mahomes -- the star quarterback of the Kansas City Chiefs and reigning Super Bowl Most Valuable Player -- now is part owner of the Royals, the franchise announced Tuesday.

“We are very proud and excited to have Patrick as our partner in the ownership group of this franchise,” said John Sherman, the team’s CEO and principal owner.

“I’m honored to become a part owner of the Kansas City Royals,” said Mahomes, who once was a promising amateur baseball player as both a pitcher and hitter before he turned his attention to football. Mahomes father Pat pitched for six teams over 11 seasons in Major League Baseball from 1992-2003. The youngest owner in sports history, the 24-year-old Mahomes continues to add to his already impressive resume.
Yes, I saw the news! He reminds me of the Great Tony Gonzales, who was a 2 sport athlete as well. Unless you are a Bo Jackson, it's pretty difficult to do both sports as a Pro! As long as Patrick stays healthy and uninjured, he should have a great Pro career!  ;D

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #1718 on: July 29, 2020, 11:30:27 PM »
Dusty Baker on #Dodgers reliever Joe Kelly: "What really enraged everybody was what he told Carlos [Correa] when he struck him out, "Nice swing bitch!''

However, the start of all this may have been when:

Michael Brantley hit a ground ball to first and stepped on Kelly’s foot as the pitcher covered first base. Kelly appeared to say something to Brantley, and on the TV broadcast, someone could be heard from the Astros dugout - saying, “Just get back on the mound, you little shit.”

Many commenters think it was Dusty Baker.

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #1719 on: July 29, 2020, 11:48:50 PM »

Dodgers beat Houston 4-2 in 13th inning.

Online fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #1720 on: August 01, 2020, 09:40:59 PM »
Good. Love to have Houston lose.

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Online fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Online killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #1722 on: August 02, 2020, 11:24:18 AM »
^^^^^^ DAMN!!!!!
Nature has cunning ways of finding our weakest spot.
Call Me By Your Name

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #1723 on: August 02, 2020, 12:26:59 PM »
I've heard of Kevin Kiermaier before, but I didn't know that's what he looks like!
He reminds me of someone, but I can't put my finger on it at the moment. I just
home his middle initial isn't "K".

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #1724 on: August 02, 2020, 12:30:45 PM »

It isn't. I just looked it up. It's James. Kevin James. Kevin James?