The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Sports: Football, Baseball, Bball, Hockey, Etc. Vol. II  (Read 330055 times)

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
Re: Sports: Football, Baseball, Bball, Hockey, Etc. Vol. II
« Reply #2295 on: June 06, 2021, 01:12:04 PM »
Fritz, Notre Dame Baseball advances to Regional Final with 26-3 win over UConn yesterday. Notre Dame hit a grand slam in the first inning to start off their scoring fest. There is not a 10 run rule in the playoffs.

What hacks me off us that they are not televising ND! :(
"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward."
... Kierkegaard

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #2296 on: June 06, 2021, 01:18:39 PM »
Yeah. Grrr.

Geaux Irish!

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline fritzkep

• Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #2297 on: June 06, 2021, 05:17:29 PM »
Good for the Giants!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/06/06/giants-pride-colors-logo/

And, of course.

"This season, only one team, the Texas Rangers, does not have a Pride celebration of some kind on its schedule."

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #2298 on: June 06, 2021, 05:28:08 PM »
Good for the Giants!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/06/06/giants-pride-colors-logo/

And, of course.

"This season, only one team, the Texas Rangers, does not have a Pride celebration of some kind on its schedule."

Of course you don't really don't find this surprising I bet!! A**holes.
"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward."
... Kierkegaard

Offline fritzkep

• Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #2299 on: June 06, 2021, 05:33:58 PM »
Not in the least.

Offline fritzkep

• Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #2301 on: June 07, 2021, 11:04:52 AM »
And, of course.

This newspaper had an article about that last week, here's the headline:

The Texas Rangers are the Only MLB Team That Doesn't Celebrate Pride. They Won't Explain Why.
by Sam Blum | The Dallas Morning News | June 1, 2021

The Texas Rangers have a commercial running on local TV that ends with this:

The Texas Rangers can't avoid Pride altogether--they're coming in to Los Angeles for Dodgers Pride Night this Friday, June 11th!

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #2302 on: June 08, 2021, 10:14:16 AM »
The Texas Rangers can't avoid Pride altogether--they're coming in to Los Angeles for Dodgers Pride Night this Friday, June 11th!

I noticed that after celebrating Pride this weekend in L.A., the Rangers get a second one as they're returning to Texas to play the Astr*s, Wednesday, June 16th, on their first ever Pride Night.

Offline Flyboy

• A gentle word will calm the wrath...
  • Obsessed
« Reply #2303 on: June 08, 2021, 06:30:41 PM »
Why do we have to play the Oakland A's? Why, why, WHY?!!  :-\ :'( ???

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #2304 on: June 12, 2021, 03:02:27 PM »
On Dodgers PRIDE NIGHT last night they had the largest (permitted) crowd of the season! 20,200 people. (Full capacity starts next Tuesday.) The Dodgers won over the Texas Rangers, 12-1. They also had a PRIDE themed fireworks display afterwords. It was the first fireworks night of the season this year and the first since 2019. I don't know what is meant by a Pride themed fireworks display. (The colors maybe?) Someone I noticed in a comment on a youtube video from last night said that all of the videos that were on there showing the fireworks were removed because of music content that was playing during the fireworks. Music Rights Nazis at it again.  >:D
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 03:15:18 PM by Lyle (Mooska) »

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #2305 on: June 12, 2021, 03:42:41 PM »

Gay Rangers Fan:
He has a website called Dallas Sports Fanatic and attended the evening; some of what he wrote:

When I heard that the Dodgers’ annual pride night occurred the same weekend the Rangers were in town, I knew I had to scramble to arrive. I came out publicly as part of the LGBTQ+ community about 363 days ago (Sunday will mark the one-year anniversary) for those that don’t know. From what people told me, Dodgers’ Pride Night is fantastic in itself.

“It’s an exciting atmosphere,” Rangers Manager Chris Woodward told me when I asked about anything that stands out during Dodgers’ Pride Nights. “When you look around, its colors you’re not used to seeing. Usually, it’s all Dodger blue and white, and all of a sudden, you see different colors.” Friday also became the first time Chris Woodward returned to Dodger Stadium since the 2018 World Series loss to Boston. Unfortunately for the Rangers, the night on the field was a disaster that started with a six-run first for Los Angeles. It didn’t get better as the night went on (from the field’s perspective) and ended with a 12-1 Rangers loss.

The Dodgers went all out Friday night, ranging from Billie Jean King on the field to an excellent National Anthem rendition by Vincent. Pride flags waved with the California State flag and the Dodgers’ flags Friday night.

Each in-between inning activity had a pride theme from dancing, cap shuffle, and rainbow gear showcased on the jumbo Tron all night long. Yes, Los Angeles added Kiss Cam Friday night too. The Dodgers’ reputation of going all out on Pride Night was delivered with flying colors and ended with a fireworks show.

For many of the Rangers’ players, it was their first experience playing on a Pride Night.

While my first Pride experience ended with the Rangers shellacked by the Dodgers, it was great to witness and be a part of.   Now, if only a Pride night existed at Globe Life Field. Unfortunately, it doesn’t appear in any future Rangers’ promotion plans.

https://www.dallassportsfanatic.com/why-dodgers-won-more-vs-rangers-than-just-friday-nights-pride-night-game/

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #2306 on: June 12, 2021, 07:36:59 PM »
Lyle, believe it or not, NASCAR is celebrating Pride Month by supporting The Trevor Project, albeit there is only one announcement per race, and none of the vehicles show Pride colors, but it is a step in the right direction. This is the first year they have done it.
... Kierkegaard

Offline fritzkep

• Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #2307 on: June 12, 2021, 08:18:04 PM »
Slowly, slowly.

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #2308 on: June 13, 2021, 11:57:18 AM »

One of the nightly talk shows mentioned that in their monologue last week and it surprised me!

And this article from 2012:

Birthplace of NASCAR Now a Drag Bar
https://cdllife.com/2012/birthplace-of-nascar-now-a-drag-bar/

The Streamline Hotel had a penthouse drag bar for several years and the hotel has recently been remodeled and now isn't, I guess.

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #2309 on: June 13, 2021, 12:52:17 PM »
Pride Night, the Dodgers won over the Texas Rangers, 12-1.

And last night the Texas Rangers won over the Dodgers, 12-1.

The game was a mess yesterday. I think it's because the Dodgers have had an inordinate amount of people on the Injured List and Friday night we had two of them back in the lineup and the next day they're back on the injured list. Maybe the rest of the players felt like, WTF? Every time they announced the next player I was thinking "Who is that" and "Where is everybody"?