The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Sports: Football, Baseball, Bball, Hockey, Etc. Vol. II  (Read 335408 times)

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
Re: Sports: Football, Baseball, Bball, Hockey, Etc. Vol. II
« Reply #2685 on: October 13, 2021, 12:57:24 PM »
Look at those Dodgers GO!! Great game last night.  :-*

;D

I get to rest up today!

Who is the Dodger player with different colored eyes?  ??? 8)

You know...right?

It's Max Scherzer!

Notice something else in that photo? His dogs do, too!!!

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #2686 on: October 13, 2021, 01:10:25 PM »
His wife's the odd one in that group.

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #2687 on: October 13, 2021, 01:21:41 PM »

In looking up the topic of people with the different eye colors, i found that people with the condition (which sounds like a bad thing, but it isn't) can also have say, a blue eye with brown rings around it or an eye that is partly blue and partly brown, like that, as well as other colors.

Some notable names with the one eye one color and one eye another are: Mila Kunis, Dan Aykroyd, Jane Seymour, Kate Bosworth, Henry Cavill, Alexander the Great, Gracie Allen and Wentworth Miller, to name a few.

See this link and see a total of 39 on the list, including the ones I mentioned, with variously different eye-colors connected to this condition. Seriously did not know this about most of them! Because it's the "Sports Thread", I'll add that there's one other MLB player, on the Phillies, whom I don't really know.
https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/beauty/g2844/celebrities-with-heterochromia-different-colored-eyes/

The most striking on this list is a cat named Venus! Venus has two million followers on Instagram!

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #2688 on: October 13, 2021, 01:24:23 PM »
His wife's the odd one in that group.

Fritz! Heh!  ;D :P :laugh:

Offline Flyboy

• A gentle word will calm the wrath...
  • Obsessed
« Reply #2689 on: October 13, 2021, 04:44:13 PM »
Must be why he's such a great pitcher?  :o

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #2690 on: October 14, 2021, 05:28:58 PM »

I am sooo freakin' wound up...

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #2691 on: October 14, 2021, 11:15:03 PM »

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #2692 on: October 15, 2021, 08:11:29 AM »
I like Atlanta only a little more than Houston (meaning not much), so I'll be happy to see the Dodgers take care of them.

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #2693 on: October 15, 2021, 10:52:32 AM »

What choices, huh Fritz?!

I hope the boys in blue didn't celebrate too much last night, they have a game to play tomorrow in Atlanta.
They should wear some pearls, too, Joc shouldn't be the only one.

Offline Flyboy

• A gentle word will calm the wrath...
  • Obsessed
« Reply #2694 on: October 15, 2021, 12:03:55 PM »
What a game! I know the Dodger fans are happy campers today, but those Giants fan are calling FOUL! That final call was a bit iffy, but I wasn't standing where the official was, so who can say?  ;)

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #2695 on: October 15, 2021, 04:58:06 PM »
Jonn, the Giants fans weren't calling foul when it happened to the Dodgers in July. A call that cost us two games in the standings and, well, read this L.A. Times article:

Giants Now Know What It’s Like to be on the Wrong End of a Blown Checked-Swing Call
by Houston Mitchell
Oct. 14, 2021 10:20 PM PT

Ruf’s swing is on the left, Flores’ swing is on the right. What call do you make?

Let’s face it Dodger fans, the checked swing call on Wilmer Flores to end Game 5 of the Dodgers-Giants division series was a bad call. [I AGREE.] Flores did not swing and the game should have continued. Max Scherzer probably would have gotten him out anyway, we’ll never know. And 20 years from now, no one will care except for the Giants and some of their fans.

However, Dodgers fans will also be quick to point out a horrible check swing call earlier this season that cost the Dodgers a game against the Giants. A call, that if called correctly, would have given the Dodgers the win. Meaning the Dodgers could have won the NL West by a game and not the Giants. Meaning Game 5 would have been at Dodger Stadium, and who knows what would have happened if all that played out?

On July 22, the Dodgers were up 3-2 with two out in the ninth inning. Kenley Jansen threw a full-count pitch with the bases loaded. Darin Ruf tried to hold up his swing but clearly went around. That was a 3-2 pitch with the bases loaded. If it’s a swing and a miss on a Kenley Jansen throw, it’s game over and the Dodgers get a huge win as they chase the Giants in the tight NL West. First-base umpire Ed Hickox said he did not swing. Tying run walked home. The Giants eventually won the game 5-3.

On Oct. 14, The Dodgers were up 2-1 with two out in the ninth inning. Max Scherzer threw an 0-2 pitch to Wilmer Flores, he clearly checked his swing. Catcher Will Smith appealed and first-base umpire Gabe Morales said it was a swing. Game over. Dodgers move on to the NLCS, Giants go home.

It’s funny how the baseball gods have a way of evening things out. Not that it makes Giants fans feel any better.

Another consequence of that wrong call against the Dodgers in July is that Atlanta has the home field advantage in the NLCS and the Dodgers do not.

The season between the Giants and Dodgers was a race that was to end last night, one way or another, but that umpire call made it a race that will continue on in the atmosphere with speculation and argument way into the future. Maybe it just had to be that way.

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #2696 on: October 15, 2021, 05:23:45 PM »
Giants fans always like to troll the Dodgers after losing with signs like this one; Click HERE.

So I saw this one last night for the Giants fans; click HERE.

Giants fans be Giants fans and Dodgers fans be Dodgers fans, I guess!

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #2697 on: October 18, 2021, 11:32:34 AM »

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #2698 on: October 19, 2021, 07:29:21 PM »

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #2699 on: October 19, 2021, 09:26:40 PM »
Sometimes I listen to the Dodgers radio broadcasters Rick Monday and Charley Steiner while I have the game on the TV. Charley Steiner made me laugh out loud at one point. You know how it's said that watching a ball game there is always a chance you'll see something you've never seen before? Well, I can pretty much say no one has ever heard a ballplayer introduced like this before:

Charley Steiner: "Now, we have the next batter up for the Braves. It's that bleached blond with pearls, Joc Pederson."

To see his bleached blond hair as well as the pearls, click HERE!