The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Call Me By Your Name 2 - The Movie and Book  (Read 218434 times)

Offline Sara B

• Obsessed
Re: Call Me By Your Name 2 - The Movie and Book
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2019, 12:39:19 PM »
Aren't apricots and peaches the same? *scratching head* Didn't we already discuss this?  :laugh:

Same family but not the same. Apricots are smaller, and a different texture. :)

And nectarines are more like peaches but have smooth shiny skin instead of furry.

Offline ingmarnicebbmt

• THE MAKER MAKES
  • Obsessed
  • FOR HEAVEN's JAKE ! Jakeing off at Jakea.
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2019, 12:45:55 PM »

WISE UP

IngKräddiBöll & Ingmariposa & Ingelspringel & Ingicito & Ingalicious & IngWriter & Annbilivöbäll WORD WIZARD

sausage-on-a-roll-poster & charkuterimästare

And maybe, he thought, they'd never got much farther than that.

Offline Sara B

• Obsessed
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2019, 12:55:41 PM »
No doubt about these, fur and all!

Offline janiebbmart

• Obsessed
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2019, 12:59:27 PM »
Just to be sure I looked up the differences.  ;D

Peaches and apricots are fruits hailing from the rose family. While peaches are usually found in the North-Western regions of China, apricots originate from India or Armenia.

As far as the cultivation is concerned, both these fruits need cold weather with the temperature as low as minus 30 degrees Celsius. Apart from being delicious, the fruits are used when desserts or juices are prepared on ostentatious occasions. Even though they have a similar kind of morphology, apricot and peaches differ when several aspects are considered.

Apricots Vs Peaches – Get the Difference

Apricot Vs PeachSize, Shape, and Color
When you observe the size, apricots are relatively smaller than peaches. They bear an oval shape and appear deep red near the surfaces which has been exposed to the sun. On the whole, the fruit is yellowish-orange in color and is characterized by a dry skin.

On the other hand, peaches are round in shape and boast yellow, red and a pink skin. The ova pit of the fruit has deep grooves and can be removed with ease. This characteristic is very much different than apricots because they have a small pit in the middle.

When it comes to stating the texture, both the fruits have a tiny hair on the entire surface. But, apricots have a smooth skin while peaches have a texture synonymous to velvet.

Offline janiebbmart

• Obsessed
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2019, 01:01:33 PM »
Janie, yes, I kinda remember that from the Book, wonder why the author didn't have Elio using an Apricot then? It might have been a little different, or rougher, on his appendage? LOL....not that I would KNOW anything about it.... ;D :P :laugh:

I donated my Book to the local library so I can't go back for reference checking, so THANKS for looking that up!

You're welcome.  ;)

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2019, 01:20:21 PM »

As far as the cultivation is concerned, both these fruits need cold weather with the temperature as low as minus 30 degrees Celsius.

Can this be true? In the U.S., Georgia is known for peaches and I can't believe it gets that cold there, at least on a regular basis.

Offline Sara B

• Obsessed
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2019, 01:40:06 PM »
 I think it’s possible to grow some species here in the Uk, but the blossom can often be destroyed by frost. Most of our shop peaches come from Spain and Italy.

Offline Gazapete

• Lost in Translation
  • Obsessed
« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2019, 02:01:04 PM »
Albaricoque Vs. melocotón in Spanish.

*Waiting for Oliver to explain me the etymology*

Offline ingmarnicebbmt

• THE MAKER MAKES
  • Obsessed
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2019, 02:17:15 PM »
No doubt about these, fur and all!

Thought so.
WISE UP

IngKräddiBöll & Ingmariposa & Ingelspringel & Ingicito & Ingalicious & IngWriter & Annbilivöbäll WORD WIZARD

Offline ingmarnicebbmt

• THE MAKER MAKES
  • Obsessed
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2019, 02:18:08 PM »
*Waiting for Oliver to explain me the etymology*

"Armie, put the Elena socks on!"
WISE UP

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2019, 04:37:49 PM »
I think it’s possible to grow some species here in the Uk, but the blossom can often be destroyed by frost.

This happens here in the U.S., too. Peach growing is a big "industry" in a region about 100-150 miles west of where I live. Every spring the growers worry about late frosts killing the blossoms. (Of course, when the peach orchards are in bloom. it can quite lovely to see.)

Offline tfferg

• Obsessed
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2019, 08:16:56 PM »

Peaches and apricots are fruits hailing from the rose family. While peaches are usually found in the North-Western regions of China, apricots originate from India or Armenia.

As far as the cultivation is concerned, both these fruits need cold weather with the temperature as low as minus 30 degrees Celsius. Apart from being delicious, the fruits are used when desserts or juices are prepared on ostentatious occasions. Even though they have a similar kind of morphology, apricot and peaches differ when several aspects are considered.

Apricots Vs Peaches – Get the Difference

Apricot Vs PeachSize, Shape, and Color
When you observe the size, apricots are relatively smaller than peaches. They bear an oval shape and appear deep red near the surfaces which has been exposed to the sun. On the whole, the fruit is yellowish-orange in color and is characterized by a dry skin.

On the other hand, peaches are round in shape and boast yellow, red and a pink skin. The ova pit of the fruit has deep grooves and can be removed with ease. This characteristic is very much different than apricots because they have a small pit in the middle.

When it comes to stating the texture, both the fruits have a tiny hair on the entire surface. But, apricots have a smooth skin while peaches have a texture synonymous to velvet.

Apricots  and peaches are grown here in Victoria. The markets sell peach varieties with yellow flesh and with white flesh. Our family had an apricot tree in the back yard. Mum made apricot jam every year.

There was an old apriciot tree in my back yard when I bought the house. Wen it stopped producing fruit, I got rid of it.

Apricot stones contain poison.

Offline tfferg

• Obsessed
« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2019, 09:15:16 PM »
In an interview in Vulture, Armie Hammer has expressed mixed feelings about a sequel and claimed nothing is definite at the moment.

Offline ingmarnicebbmt

• THE MAKER MAKES
  • Obsessed
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2019, 02:17:18 AM »

Ah. Right.

Well...
WISE UP

Offline Sara B

• Obsessed
« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2019, 02:21:32 AM »
AA has definitely said he’s writing a sequel, but I don’t think it’s with a view to a film.