The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: The Diner - Volume 40  (Read 33718 times)

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
Re: The Diner - Volume 40
« Reply #9255 on: October 09, 2019, 07:51:25 AM »
Good!

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline Gazapete

• Lost in Translation
  • Obsessed
« Reply #9256 on: October 09, 2019, 08:10:37 AM »
Hi dear Diners!
I'm feeling much better, I hope you are all alright! Linda, are you feeling better? You had a rough weekend too, didn't you?

Chaos in our region right now. There has been an attack in Halle, the neighbor town, where M works. 2 people have been shot dead :( It's still unclear who or how, but it looks as if the initial objective was a synagogue, but the local shot was a döner kebab shop. The police have arrested one of them, but two escaped in our direction. The schools have sent the kids home and they are trying to secure the city, which has this evening the celebration of the demonstrations that ended up in the fall of the Wall. Thousands are expected, among them big girl, who plans to go with her friends from choir. Now I don't know if I should let her go. Her dad is trapped in Halle, they close the main station and he doesn't know how to come back, knowing him he is probably already on his bike riding all the way back, it wouldn't be the first time. So you see, Wednesday as usual here...

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #9257 on: October 09, 2019, 08:12:42 AM »
Hola Elenita, yes, it's on the news here too. See y'all after we get back from the wound doctor.

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline Gazapete

• Lost in Translation
  • Obsessed
« Reply #9258 on: October 09, 2019, 08:16:54 AM »
Hola Fritzito!  :-*

Good luck with the appointment!

Offline ingmarnicebbmt

• THE MAKER MAKES
  • Obsessed
  • FOR HEAVEN's JAKE ! Jakeing off at Jakea.
« Reply #9259 on: October 09, 2019, 08:51:41 AM »
Chaos in our region right now. There has been an attack in Halle, the neighbor town, where M works. 2 people have been shot dead :( It's still unclear who or how, but it looks as if the initial objective was a synagogue, but the local shot was a döner kebab shop. The police have arrested one of them, but two escaped in our direction. The schools have sent the kids home and they are trying to secure the city, which has this evening the celebration of the demonstrations that ended up in the fall of the Wall. Thousands are expected, among them big girl, who plans to go with her friends from choir. Now I don't know if I should let her go. Her dad is trapped in Halle, they close the main station and he doesn't know how to come back, knowing him he is probably already on his bike riding all the way back, it wouldn't be the first time. So you see, Wednesday as usual here...

Terrible news indeed.

Especially today, as you say, on the 30th anniversary of the big pacifistic anti-government demonstration in East Germany (Leipzig), leading to the fall of the Berlin wall.
WISE UP

Ing KräddiBöll & Ingmariposa & Ingelspringel & Ingicito & Ingalicious & IngWriter & Annbilivöbäll WORD WIZARD

sausage-on-a-roll-poster & charkuterimästare

And maybe, he thought, they'd never got much farther than that.

Offline ingmarnicebbmt

• THE MAKER MAKES
  • Obsessed
  • FOR HEAVEN's JAKE ! Jakeing off at Jakea.
« Reply #9260 on: October 09, 2019, 08:52:09 AM »

¡Hola Elenita!, glad to hear you're feeling better today.
WISE UP

Ing KräddiBöll & Ingmariposa & Ingelspringel & Ingicito & Ingalicious & IngWriter & Annbilivöbäll WORD WIZARD

sausage-on-a-roll-poster & charkuterimästare

And maybe, he thought, they'd never got much farther than that.

Offline dejavu

• may the snowy egret live
  • Obsessed
« Reply #9261 on: October 09, 2019, 09:21:24 AM »
Hey y'all, sunny and a little on the cool side here, we may have to turn on the furnace here at home if it continues. So we head out to the wound doctor in a while.

Good morning or good afternoon, everyone.

It's cool here too, Fritz, I had to turn my furnace on briefly in the night, although it's not running now.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline dejavu

• may the snowy egret live
  • Obsessed
« Reply #9262 on: October 09, 2019, 09:24:38 AM »

Awful, and still a very worrying situation.  I hope everyone in your family is all right.  I don't think I'd let big girl go, but that't up to you.....  :(
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #9263 on: October 09, 2019, 09:27:37 AM »

Good morning Diners!

Grey and rainy today here in NJ.   Hope everyone is doing well!

Haven't posted this on Facebook, I'm waiting to see how mom is going to handle this, but dad is in the hospital today.  The doctors say he had a mini-stroke.

It happened very suddenly this morning, as dad was getting ready for work.  He suddenly couldn't move his right arm, had difficulty using his right leg, and his speech was slurred.  When a stroke happens, timing is everything, and thankfully, my brother Chris was home with mom and dad.  As a security officer, Chris has medical training, and he recognized the symptoms and the need for speed.  Instead of calling 911, Chris got dad in his car and took him to a nearby hospital himself.  This hospital also has a stroke center, so saved time as well.

I just got off the phone with dad, he is fine.  Chris' fast actions made all the difference.  Dad has movement back in his leg and arm, and some movement back in the fingers of his right hand.  His speech didn't seem slurred, and he was even making jokes when I spoke to him.  I told him by coincidence that I'm off work the rest of the week, and could take mom places while he's in the hospital.  Dad's response was that was great, he needed me to pick supplies at Home Depot for home repair items.   Dad is not doing anything on the house, he was making a bad dad joke.  LOL

Mom says dad should be released to go home by Friday, the latest.

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #9264 on: October 09, 2019, 09:30:59 AM »
Speaking of strikes, a tram strike planned for tomorrow here has been called off so tram drivers don't get stranded by the Extinction Rebellion going on all week. The drivers needed to get to their union mass meeting.

ER members are blocking different intersections in the Central Business District and heavily trafficked arterial roads at and for different times every day. Some have been announced ahead of time, others seem to be more like surprise flash mob events.There's even a nude march planned, despite the weather, tomorrow or Friday.

There have been major delays on our train line, this morning, unrelated to the ER or the issues with the trams tomorrow. Phong decided to go to work by tram today. I warned him that there might be sudden delays or blockages, but didn't hear from him, so he must have got to work on time.

I think and hope there'll be no problem for him to get the tram home tonight.

Hello Tony!   Keep us posted on Phong's evening commute,  I hope it goes well!   I understand that protests have to happen, and the Extinction Rebellion is bringing attention to an urgent matter, but having to deal with commuter delays can be unsettling.

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #9265 on: October 09, 2019, 09:31:36 AM »
...and good morning!

Grey and rainy - what else?

Same way today, here in Jersey.

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #9266 on: October 09, 2019, 09:34:21 AM »
My colleague brought me notes for a Christmas musical that they will perform in her church. Now, I' m comfortable with the singing - but acting in a christmas play as a middle- aged woman? I think I'll volunteer as the dumbass mule.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Elisa, I bet you would be great in the play!!

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #9267 on: October 09, 2019, 09:36:56 AM »

I hadn't heard about this incident, it sounds chaotic, as  you said.  Hope that Big Girl opts to stay home tonight, and that "dad" gets home safely.

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #9268 on: October 09, 2019, 09:41:15 AM »
Wood is the total amount of pins that were knocked down in the game.

The first game we lost by 40 pins.   The second game we won by only 5 pins.  The last game we won by 15, but since we lost the first game by 40, that meant the other team knocked down 20 more pins than we did, so they 'took wood' and we 'lost wood'.

What happens when the teams lose wood?

****Well.....I know what losing 'wood' means, but what does it mean in regards to bowling?  More points, less points?
Nature has cunning ways of finding our weakest spot.
Call Me By Your Name

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #9269 on: October 09, 2019, 09:42:52 AM »
Hooray, Linda

I'm a happy camper! I don't have to get up early! YAY!
Nature has cunning ways of finding our weakest spot.
Call Me By Your Name