The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: The Diner - Volume 41  (Read 53333 times)

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
Re: The Diner - Volume 41
« Reply #5595 on: December 04, 2019, 02:36:39 PM »
Hey Fritz! I went to the hairdresser today, which means my hair got washed! I've got to say that it's nice that Louise is such a good friend; I envy you those leftovers.

Glad to hear that it looks like the end of wound care is in sight and I hope the colonoscopy helps give some helpful information about what's causing the diarrhea and that Earl will be able to restart the immunotherapy soon.

Yay!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndSEWPQlYjU

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline dejavu

• may the snowy egret live
  • Obsessed
« Reply #5596 on: December 04, 2019, 02:38:07 PM »
Jenny, I'll have to PM you schedule date changes, I got more Physical Therapy scheduled today, including a PT make-up on  December 10, but I'd really like to see you sometime soon, if something works out.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline fritzkep

• Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #5597 on: December 04, 2019, 02:38:38 PM »
Oh, the red and green moving decorations are bathed in a background purple light. Or maybe dark blue.

Offline dejavu

• Obsessed
« Reply #5598 on: December 04, 2019, 02:39:03 PM »
Can't remember whether I mentioned it yesterday, some of the neighbor kids dropped by a wreath with fir boughs and frosted pine cones, we've got it in one of the windows, since it wouldn't stay attached to the metal door. And it sheds needles like crazy!

Oh, nice idea, Fritz, sounds pretty, but I hate those pine needles.
Jack's from Texas.

Offline fritzkep

• Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #5599 on: December 04, 2019, 02:40:03 PM »
Oh, nice idea, Fritz, sounds pretty, but I hate those pine needles.

One reason why we kept it outside last night, and were careful about taking it out this afternoon.

Offline Jenny

• Reads a lot
  • Obsessed
  • We're not obsessed, we're just intensely focused!
« Reply #5600 on: December 04, 2019, 02:40:07 PM »
Fritz, I meant to add that I hope Earl will be convinced to see a neurologist/psychiatrist and get some new medication. He's been through a lot, and continuing a clinical depression won't help his recovery.
Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love – time is eternity.

A friend is what the heart needs all the time.

Henry van Dyke

Offline fritzkep

• Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #5601 on: December 04, 2019, 02:41:07 PM »
Fritz, I meant to add that I hope Earl will be convinced to see a neurologist/psychiatrist and get some new medication. He's been through a lot, and continuing a clinical depression won't help his recovery.

Thanks, Jenny, hope so! He had a phone interview before the colonoscopy this afternoon, and he volunteered that info to the nurse, so he's not against the idea.

Offline Jenny

• Reads a lot
  • Obsessed
« Reply #5602 on: December 04, 2019, 02:49:59 PM »
Hello Ingwriter! :) I'm glad to hear that your very busy weekend went well and that you've gotten some sun. I hope your Mozart commemoration goes well, too.

Hoping for the best for your parents; it's a very difficult situation both for them and for you and your sister. I know how that can be from my experience with my own parents. :(
Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love – time is eternity.

Henry van Dyke

Offline Jenny

• Reads a lot
  • Obsessed
« Reply #5603 on: December 04, 2019, 02:52:47 PM »
Sorry about your no good very bad bowling night, Chuck. I have confidence that you'll shine next week. :)

Henry van Dyke

Offline Jenny

• Reads a lot
  • Obsessed
« Reply #5604 on: December 04, 2019, 02:54:23 PM »
Jenny, I'll have to PM you schedule date changes, I got more Physical Therapy scheduled today, including a PT make-up on  December 10, but I'd really like to see you sometime soon, if something works out.

We'll definitely figure something out, Debbie. I'm hoping to see you soon, too.

Henry van Dyke

Offline dejavu

• Obsessed
« Reply #5605 on: December 04, 2019, 03:00:35 PM »
Thanks, Jenny, hope so! He had a phone interview before the colonoscopy this afternoon, and he volunteered that info to the nurse, so he's not against the idea.

Well, this is good to hear, that Earl might be open to getting some new medication for his depression.  I really hope he does.  Good luck to him!  It can be hard to come up with the right answers in that situation.
Jack's from Texas.

Offline dejavu

• Obsessed
« Reply #5606 on: December 04, 2019, 03:07:03 PM »
Wanted to mention, PT went well today, and I did 12 minutes on the recumbent bike before starting to work with the therapist.  I really like that machine, and no one said Stop. My times now have been 6 minutes, 7 minutes, and 12 minutes. 

Then we did some exercises taking long strides when walking, which is what I couldn't do at  all yesterday on the stress test treadmill.  Then the other regular exercises we've been doing all along, but adding some variations.  The therapist said she thought I'd definitely improved with some of the new balance exercises, just since last Wednesday (and I had to skip this past Monday).
Jack's from Texas.

Offline dejavu

• Obsessed
« Reply #5607 on: December 04, 2019, 03:07:51 PM »
We'll definitely figure something out, Debbie. I'm hoping to see you soon, too.

Okay, thanks, Jenny.  Hope so.   :)

Sorry it's been such crazy times this month.
Jack's from Texas.

Offline Jenny

• Reads a lot
  • Obsessed
« Reply #5608 on: December 04, 2019, 03:10:53 PM »
I PMd you, Debbie. :)

Henry van Dyke

Offline fritzkep

• Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #5609 on: December 04, 2019, 03:18:14 PM »
Wanted to mention, PT went well today, and I did 12 minutes on the recumbent bike before starting to work with the therapist.  I really like that machine, and no one said Stop. My times now have been 6 minutes, 7 minutes, and 12 minutes. 

Then we did some exercises taking long strides when walking, which is what I couldn't do at  all yesterday on the stress test treadmill.  Then the other regular exercises we've been doing all along, but adding some variations.  The therapist said she thought I'd definitely improved with some of the new balance exercises, just since last Wednesday (and I had to skip this past Monday).

Great!