The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: The Diner - Volume 41  (Read 53329 times)

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
Re: The Diner - Volume 41
« Reply #5655 on: December 04, 2019, 06:42:32 PM »
Hi Chuck, nice about the new laptop at work.  Have you used Windows 10?  I have it at work and home and like it a lot.

Hi Linda!

Hi Nancy.
I just finished supper and cleaned up dishes. Now I'm sitting for the evening, other than potty breaks! :D
Nature has cunning ways of finding our weakest spot.
Call Me By Your Name

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #5656 on: December 04, 2019, 06:44:38 PM »
I like the second one better, but that is just my personal likes.

Call Me By Your Name

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
  • ...suspended above ordinary affairs...
« Reply #5657 on: December 04, 2019, 07:01:11 PM »
Hi Nancy.
I just finished supper and cleaned up dishes. Now I'm sitting for the evening, other than potty breaks! :D

Sitting is good!  Watching Hallmark?  I have it one but muted for commercials, of which there are a lot.  And surfing Christmas stuff on so many sites! 

I told myself that this year I was going to go somewhere close by to see Christmas sites.  San Antonio river walk was on my list, I've been there at Christmas and it's really spectacular.  On the down side, a guy at work said he went over the weekend and it was really really crowded.

Salado is closer, and they have a Christmas stroll this Friday and Saturday, so that's an option. 

Fredericksburg is also on the list.  A little further, but more manageable than SA, I think.  But not the fabulous lights that SA has.

Sounds silly but I also want to go to a mall and see the decorations.  I haven't been to a mall in I bet 20 years, since ebay  :D.

“Doubtless, we've been through this,
so if you want to follow me you should know
I was lost then and I'm lost now,
and I doubt I'll ever know which way to go.”

Offline dejavu

• may the snowy egret live
  • Obsessed
« Reply #5658 on: December 04, 2019, 07:21:35 PM »
I've been sitting too much, here on the computer, and have to get up.  Potty breaks DO count as exercise.   :laugh:

Be seeing you tomorrow or whenever, Nancy, Linda, Fritz, Chuck and whoever else. 

Tomorrow is the eye doctor fairly early, so have to get ready for that.

Good night.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #5659 on: December 04, 2019, 07:34:18 PM »
G'nite Debbie, nothing on the agenda here tomorrow except choir practice, and Earl starts his clear liquid fast before the procedure.

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #5660 on: December 04, 2019, 07:34:21 PM »

Sitting is good!  Watching Hallmark?  I have it one but muted for commercials, of which there are a lot.  And surfing Christmas stuff on so many sites! 

I told myself that this year I was going to go somewhere close by to see Christmas sites.  San Antonio river walk was on my list, I've been there at Christmas and it's really spectacular.  On the down side, a guy at work said he went over the weekend and it was really really crowded.

Salado is closer, and they have a Christmas stroll this Friday and Saturday, so that's an option. 

Fredericksburg is also on the list.  A little further, but more manageable than SA, I think.  But not the fabulous lights that SA has.

Sounds silly but I also want to go to a mall and see the decorations.  I haven't been to a mall in I bet 20 years, since ebay  :D.

Yes, sitting is nice. No, I'm watching the recorded college football games. The season is almost over, so I have to get them all in. I only watch the ones that are close scores.

This is what Albuquerque offers:

The River of Lights

https://riveroflights.org/gallery/

The display is absolutely amazing.

Here are some other images from Trip Advisor.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g60933-d137172-i234753585-Albuquerque_Biological_Park-Albuquerque_New_Mexico.html
Call Me By Your Name

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #5661 on: December 04, 2019, 07:35:19 PM »
Wow! That looks great!

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #5662 on: December 04, 2019, 07:38:28 PM »
Good night Debbie.
Call Me By Your Name

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #5663 on: December 04, 2019, 07:39:43 PM »
I don't envy Earl and his prep, Fritz. It's not fun at all!
I'm glad you have an easy day tomorrow.
Call Me By Your Name

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #5664 on: December 04, 2019, 07:43:15 PM »
Wow! That looks great!

It really is a gorgeous display. Amy's dad got tickets and I want to go, but may have to use my wheelchair as it is nothing but walking for about 2 hours and I don't think I can walk that long. Plus I'd be slow as well. I'm thinking about it.
Call Me By Your Name

Offline tfferg

• Obsessed
« Reply #5665 on: December 04, 2019, 07:52:48 PM »
Yes of course he is.

I remember the terrible strikes in 1995 (also in December) which lasted for weeks on end. No transport whatsoever.

He stayed there with colleagues overnight in the office from Mond-Frid, in a sort of improvised "bedroom", several weeks in a row.

That sounds like an ordeal, Ingy.

Melbourne had its fourth term strike today and the trains are not running from our station this week and next week, so as we did last Thursday, we had to negotiate traffic jams through the city by car for Phong to get to work. The tram strike lasts only a few hours.

Very inconvenient and stressful, but nothing compared to the effects of the French general strike for you two.

Best of luck for Mr S.

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #5666 on: December 04, 2019, 08:24:50 PM »
Hi Chuck, nice about the new laptop at work.  Have you used Windows 10?  I have it at work and home and like it a lot.

Hiya Nancy!  Sorry for the delay in reply!  I had a phone call to answer, and then I had to do an extensive grocery order.  This weekend is the weekend my mom and I are doing our Christmas cookies, so I figured I may as well just order all my food and then all the ingredients needed for the cookies, and get them done.

Yes, I've been using Windows 10 at work for the past month or so.  I'm getting used to it.  LOL  It's not that I don't like it, but after using Windows 7 for so long,  it was an adjustment.

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #5667 on: December 04, 2019, 08:27:34 PM »
if anyone wants to weigh in on this life-changing decision  ::) please do. I've been looking at these quilts for 3 days and can't decide which one to get...

I like them both, but I guess it would depend on if you are using them for winter or Christmas.  To me, the top with says "winter" with the snowing village and reindeer.  The holly and berries says "Christmas" to me.

Offline Elisiv05

• Obsessed
  • "Per sidera iuro."
« Reply #5668 on: December 04, 2019, 08:43:47 PM »
if anyone wants to weigh in on this life-changing decision  ::) please do. I've been looking at these quilts for 3 days and can't decide which one to get...

The second!
You know somebody name a Jack?

"Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always."

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #5669 on: December 04, 2019, 09:08:29 PM »
Nighty Fritz. I'm nodding off, so I may as well give it up and go to bed. See you tomorrow.
Call Me By Your Name