The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: The Diner - Volume 41  (Read 26874 times)

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
Re: The Diner - Volume 41
« Reply #5310 on: December 02, 2019, 02:24:30 PM »
Just called puzzle friend, he was "not too bad," and I told him I was hoping to hear a cheery voice.   :)  Even though it should probably be the other way around.

He was cheery, pretty much, but says he might be coming down with the flu, which isn't good with the medications he's taking.  And he has a cancer-type appointment tomorrow.

Hello Debs!  Glad to hear that you had the opportunity to talk to Puzzle Friend.  Fingers crossed for a good appointment tomorrow.

Offline dejavu

• may the snowy egret live
  • Obsessed
« Reply #5311 on: December 02, 2019, 02:27:02 PM »
It is hard to deal with situations like this Debbie. I'm sorry things didn't work out better. I know you will work with her, and it is better to know who's renting than try to get a new renter who you don't know.

Thanks, Linda.  Yes, what you say is very true.  She wrote me a letter with her last check, and I called back to straighten a few things out about the dog and car, etc.  In her letter she said "I take care of the xxxxx (last name) house as if it were my own."  I know I can trust her, in that respect.

Neither my sister nor I were as friendly with her as with the man (her ex-boyfriend) but she and I do share some common interests.  She's the one who introduced me to online POGO games, for example, and we talked about them yesterday.  But on a more serious note, my sister and I seemed to agree that we didn't think it wise to raise the rent and then have no one living there, and I don't want to find any other renter.  I'd have to turn the house over to a management company, and they would definitely charge a lot higher rent, but then I could never stay there, so what would be the point?

My sister and I still have a lot of work to do to clear family possessions (hard to call them "heirlooms") out of the house, and I have to persuade my sister to take some of her own stuff home or donate it somewhere.  But the main thing is, we think we (I) might have to sell if this present renter left, but we're just not ready to do that yet.  My brother also is retiring and moving south (south from Vermont, at least) in the next couple of   years, and he wants some furniture from the house, so I/we can't really sell the house until that happens, or else we'd have to put his stuff in storage in CO.  So it's truly not an easy situation.

It will be more financially difficult for me to keep the house at a low enough rent for her to afford, but not impossible, so I guess it's just "take it one step at a time."  When I talked to my friend (the man) on the phone in October, I told him he could come back any time (as far as I was concerned) but things have moved on beyond that point, and I can't see that happening.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 02:36:16 PM by dejavu »
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline dejavu

• Obsessed
« Reply #5312 on: December 02, 2019, 02:28:55 PM »
OK, maybe you've all seen this before but I saw it on fb today and it's freaking brilliant, IMO:

https://youtu.be/57jRBt4h6ks

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

That's so good, Elisa!
Jack's from Texas.

Offline dejavu

• Obsessed
« Reply #5313 on: December 02, 2019, 02:30:00 PM »
Yes, I know what you mean. I have an appointment with the orthopedic surgeon tomorrow. I'll see what he says.

I know that after the surgery, the every day PT is going to be hectic. Of course they come to the house, but still it's going to be crazy. I know I will have to do the exercises several times a day, but it's not like I'm going to be doing anything else for awhile!

Good luck with your appointment tomorrow, Linda.  Hoping for some news that makes you happy.
Jack's from Texas.

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #5314 on: December 02, 2019, 02:30:31 PM »
Hello Diners!

Left work at noon because of the snow, and I've been home since about 1:30.   it's still falling out there, looks very pretty!!

Hiya Chuck. I'm glad you made it home, OK.
Nature has cunning ways of finding our weakest spot.
Call Me By Your Name

Offline dejavu

• Obsessed
« Reply #5315 on: December 02, 2019, 02:34:30 PM »
Hello Diners!

Left work at noon because of the snow, and I've been home since about 1:30.   it's still falling out there, looks very pretty!!

Good afternoon, Chuck!   :)   :)  Surprise to see you here so early!

Wow, we still haven't gotten much snow at all, and I'm rather sorry I didn't go to my stress test (it would be over by now) but I'll try again tomorrow.

Hope you don't get more snow than you want, although I know you like it when it's fresh-fallen and pretty.
Jack's from Texas.

Offline dejavu

• Obsessed
« Reply #5316 on: December 02, 2019, 02:35:31 PM »
Hello Debs!  Glad to hear that you had the opportunity to talk to Puzzle Friend.  Fingers crossed for a good appointment tomorrow.

Thanks, Chuck.
Jack's from Texas.

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #5317 on: December 02, 2019, 02:46:17 PM »
Wow, we still haven't gotten much snow at all, and I'm rather sorry I didn't go to my stress test (it would be over by now) but I'll try again tomorrow.

Hope you don't get more snow than you want, although I know you like it when it's fresh-fallen and pretty.

It's dark out now, so I can't tell if it's still falling.   It was pretty before, and it was coming down at a good clip.

Offline dejavu

• Obsessed
« Reply #5318 on: December 02, 2019, 03:02:00 PM »
Probably it's still falling, then, Chuck.

I finally tore myself away from the computer and did the sitting PT exercises (yesterday's and today's, since I didn't do this part yesterday).  Now I have to go downstairs and do the standing ones (today's only, since I did them yesterday).

Found that it was easier to hold onto the banister at the bottom of the stairs, than to hold onto the back of a chair up here.

Be back soon.
Jack's from Texas.

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #5319 on: December 02, 2019, 03:31:42 PM »
good work on keeping up with the exercises.  How are you finding them?

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #5320 on: December 02, 2019, 03:33:36 PM »
Good luck, Linda, tomorrow!

I decided to add the final AP rankings (since 1936) to the W-L-T list on the football spreadsheet, when applicable. Went and checked several sources, but they all seem to be in agreement, which is good. AP only, not the UPI and its successors.

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #5321 on: December 02, 2019, 03:34:03 PM »
Hey Chuck! Is that more snow up by y'all than was originally forecast?

It looks like our rain is mostly over.

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline dejavu

• Obsessed
« Reply #5322 on: December 02, 2019, 03:47:52 PM »
good work on keeping up with the exercises.  How are you finding them?

They're getting easier and faster overall, but right now my legs are exhausted.  Some good stretching, though.

Had to sit down, then there's one more set of one of them, and then the "easy" balance exercises which don't involve muscles.
Jack's from Texas.

Offline dejavu

• Obsessed
« Reply #5323 on: December 02, 2019, 03:48:40 PM »
Hey Chuck! Is that more snow up by y'all than was originally forecast?

It looks like our rain is mostly over.

Just peeked out and still no snow, so maybe we'll luck out.  Hope.
Jack's from Texas.

Offline dejavu

• Obsessed
« Reply #5324 on: December 02, 2019, 03:49:49 PM »
^^^^^

Although the forecast still calls for snow showers until 1 AM.   :-X
Jack's from Texas.