The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: TV Right Now: The Good, the Bad, and the Totally Sucky - Volume 3  (Read 186922 times)

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
Re: TV Right Now: The Good, the Bad, and the Totally Sucky - Volumn 3
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2020, 02:59:37 PM »
I'm glad you have somebody to help.

Well not really.
"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward."
... Kierkegaard

Offline Gazapete

• Lost in Translation
  • Obsessed
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2020, 10:49:10 PM »
Now you're making me want to rush out and buy more TP--if I can find it.  ;D

And yet this morning Today ran a segment on how much stuff a family of four should have stocked up on to last two weeks. I forget how many roles of TP were recommended.

Where I shop it was brussels sprouts. Just about all the frozen vegetables were gone, except for the brussels sprouts, I kind of felt sorry  for them for being so unwanted.  ;D

IMHO, Brussels sprouts deserve this!  :laugh:

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2020, 12:40:34 AM »
IMHO, Brussels sprouts deserve this!  :laugh:

I totally agree!! ;D
"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward."
... Kierkegaard

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2020, 11:35:17 AM »
I watched 9-1-1's new episode last night. Did we know Chimney's name was Howard? The opening segment was exciting with the parachute jump instructor passed out and dangling from the plane...how could it land!  Of course, when the bickering mother and daughter were leaving and the mother goes up to Buck and Eddie and asks if they're single...the way Buck and Eddie turned and looked at each other you half expected one of them to say "No, we're together."

And I forget exactly the lines, but when there was a gathering in Eddie's place and Buck was talking to someone he said he was more than just a guest around here. (?) They do like to tease us, but are we getting tired of the foreplay?

I wasn't too fond of the storyline being dropped on us at the end of the previous episode in December about Michael's medical diagnosis...it's just too sad for a show like this and it dragged this episode down.

The segment with the guy who wanted to meet the other guy in the coffee shop was totally unbelievable the way it played out...but it was really cute, too.

Looks like next week someone falls into a hole.

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2020, 12:00:15 PM »
Oh, I forgot to mention...I saw his name in the opening credits, so I looked for him... Does anyone remember the actor Greg Evigan? Back in the day he was in B.J. and the Bear and the sitcom My Two Dads. I didn't really like the shows he was on, but he was a looker...and the same height as me! Anyway, he was the actor where the catfish jumped down his throat.

I just looked him up on imdb. He's been working steadily all these decades, just not in anything I watch. I see he's one year older than I am (!) and one inch shorter (😊). And he's been married since 1979, forty one years, and has three children.

Offline Flyboy

• A gentle word will calm the wrath...
  • Obsessed
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2020, 12:27:15 PM »
I thought he looked familiar in that scene, only I also thought he was fishing with his Mother, not his Wife!! lol.....so, he's still a looker, for sure!The sandwich shop guys scene was funny, but, come on!! A YEAR before they actually met up? I think that's what was said......can 2 good-looking gay guys see each other ALL THE TIME in the same shop, and NOT eventually nod or raise the eyebrow to invite conversation, or something anyway!?? haha........I'm just glad I finally caught up to everyone's storyline on the show, now I can watch this season without wondering who's WHO, or what's WHAT all the time!!  ;)

I also watched the new episode of Prodigal Son last night, I do LOVE that show!!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2020, 01:13:55 PM »
I thought he looked familiar in that scene, only I also thought he was fishing with his Mother, not his Wife!!

That's hilarious Jonn, LoL!!!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2020, 06:25:52 PM »
I watched 9-1-1's new episode last night. Did we know Chimney's name was Howard? The opening segment was exciting with the parachute jump instructor passed out and dangling from the plane...how could it land!  Of course, when the bickering mother and daughter were leaving and the mother goes up to Buck and Eddie and asks if they're single...the way Buck and Eddie turned and looked at each other you half expected one of them to say "No, we're together."

I really need to fix it so I can watch these episodes at least twice. Two days on, I remember the woman making the comment, and vaguely remember their reaction to it, but I have to admit the (possible) significance of it flew right past me. My brain just doesn't work fast enough.

And I forget exactly the lines, but when there was a gathering in Eddie's place and Buck was talking to someone he said he was more than just a guest around here. (?) They do like to tease us, but are we getting tired of the foreplay?

Same deal here. He was talking to Maddie, I believe; it was when they were talking about him bringing cookies to the party.

I don't pick up on these things, yet the image from the Christmas party is seared into my brain: Eddie's grandmother, Eddie, Christopher, and Buck, with Buck, not Eddie, being the one to help Christopher open his present. If that wasn't a family grouping, I don't know what is. It's like they're making them a family without making them a family. (Of course, I've seen that scene numerous times on YouTube, so that's probably why it stays so fresh with me.)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2020, 06:31:40 PM »
Oh, I forgot to mention...I saw his name in the opening credits, so I looked for him... Does anyone remember the actor Greg Evigan? Back in the day he was in B.J. and the Bear and the sitcom My Two Dads. I didn't really like the shows he was on, but he was a looker...and the same height as me! Anyway, he was the actor where the catfish jumped down his throat.

I remember him. I recognized his name in the credits right off. He was a looker, back in the day. Another name I saw in the credits: I'm assuming that was Shari Belafonte playing his wife?

I just looked him up on imdb. He's been working steadily all these decades, just not in anything I watch.

Same deal with Michael Pare. When I became a fan of Eddie and the Cruisers and looked him up, I was floored because I hadn't heard of him since the 1980s. MP is five months younger than me.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2020, 06:38:45 PM »
I watched 9-1-1's new episode last night. Did we know Chimney's name was Howard?

We probably did from the "Chimney Begins" episode last season. I think someone once called him Howie.

What I don't think we know is why he's called Chimney. In two different episodes, Hen has started to explain how he got the nickname, but both times she's been prevented from following through with it.

I'm sure I've seen that cutie Albert somewhere else, but I can't place him. Maybe it was Hawaii Five-O. That show frequently features Asian characters, including the hunky Ian Anthony Dale.

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2020, 11:13:40 AM »
I'm sure I've seen that cutie Albert somewhere else, but I can't place him. Maybe it was Hawaii Five-O. That show frequently features Asian characters, including the hunky Ian Anthony Dale.

Ian Anthony Dale...now that's not an Asian actor's name I was expecting. (He was born in Minnesota!)
_______

John Harlan Kim was born in Australia. IMDB indicates he has been in two series as a regular. One I've not heard of. The Librarians I have heard of, but not seen. He was also in two episodes of Hawaii Five-0, which IMDB says were aired this year. He played Endo.
_______

From an article two days ago:

The Origin of Chimney's Nickname on '9-1-1' Remains the Show's Biggest Mystery
BY ALLISON CACICH

Howie "Chimney" Han. The firefighter exudes positivity and is arguably the most loyal member of the 118, so when the show announced that he’d be getting his own origin story episode in Season 2 viewers were thrilled. After all, we still hadn’t heard how Chimney got his nickname.

Why is Chimney called Chimney on '9-1-1'?
It’s been a year since the Chimney-centric episode aired and we still don’t know what exactly inspired the name. In Season 2, Episode 4, Henrietta "Hen" Wilson is about to tell the story to Christopher Diaz, but Chimney stops her. Later, she admits to reporter Taylor Kelly that the tale is "not one you can tell on TV." Interesting.

The article then has some fans speculating on what it means.
https://www.distractify.com/p/why-is-chimney-called-chimney-911

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2020, 11:51:05 AM »

John Harlan Kim was born in Australia. IMDB indicates he has been in two series as a regular. One I've not heard of. The Librarians I have heard of, but not seen. He was also in two episodes of Hawaii Five-0, which IMDB says were aired this year. He played Endo.

No wonder he looked familiar. I've seen him both places!  :laugh: I do think he's cute.

(Ian Anthony Dale is hot. He looked pretty damn good with his shirt off in last Friday's episode. A couple of summers ago he co-starred with Santiago Cabrera in a show about an asteroid threatening to hit Earth.)

The Librarians was kind of weird. I saw a few episodes. It was something to watch on a Sunday evening when everything else was screwed up by football games and nothing on PBS looked good. Apparently it started out as a TV movie starring Noah Wyle and directed by Jonathan Frakes (!). Noah Wyle appeared in some episodes of the series, and also John Laroquette.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3663490/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
_______

Why is Chimney called Chimney on '9-1-1'?
It’s been a year since the Chimney-centric episode aired and we still don’t know what exactly inspired the name. In Season 2, Episode 4, Henrietta "Hen" Wilson is about to tell the story to Christopher Diaz, but Chimney stops her. Later, she admits to reporter Taylor Kelly that the tale is "not one you can tell on TV." Interesting.

The article then has some fans speculating on what it means.
https://www.distractify.com/p/why-is-chimney-called-chimney-911

I forgot about the Taylor Kelly part. I more or less assumed he got stuck in a chimney. Maybe he lost his pants in the process of being extricated.

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2020, 12:00:32 PM »
Maybe it was a pot phase, as in "he smokes like a chimney."
But what could be so bad that it "could not be told on TV?"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2020, 03:29:19 PM »
Maybe it was a pot phase, as in "he smokes like a chimney."
But what could be so bad that it "could not be told on TV?"

Maybe Hen was just exaggerating.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2020, 01:20:05 PM »
It appears Fox is repeating Monday's episode tonight. I'll watch to see if I can pick up on the things that went right past me on Monday.