The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: TV Right Now: The Good, the Bad, and the Totally Sucky - Volume 3  (Read 186674 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
Re: TV Right Now: The Good, the Bad, and the Totally Sucky - Volume 3
« Reply #900 on: July 28, 2021, 11:47:31 AM »
Tom Daley is still so adorable! And from my county of Devon.

I didn't know Tom Daley was from Devon.

He's still cute, but I'm afraid I haven't been able to get over some ambivalence about him. How did it go? One week he was straight, the next week he was bi, and the next week he's gay?

But it was sweet to watch him and Matty once they knew they'd won the gold.

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #901 on: July 28, 2021, 11:58:09 AM »
^^^
Millennials don't like labels and dance around them accordingly.

His husband is Gen X. He's twenty years older, which seems a whole lot and then I thought of my friend lost to cancer and his husband was twenty years younger than he and I never thought about it at all.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #902 on: July 28, 2021, 02:03:36 PM »
Millennials don't like labels and dance around them accordingly.

In Tom Daley's case. I don't think it was a matter of not liking labels, not when he applied two different ones to himself in a very short time span..

I'll give him this much. I suppose now it's beginning to get a little easier for an athlete to come out, but it still can't be that easy.

It's that timing thing that for some reason annoys me. I can't explain it/don't understand why it does, but it does.

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
« Reply #903 on: July 28, 2021, 02:13:35 PM »
Maybe they could combine the two series franchises and have NCIS: CSI.   :laugh:

Now that would be funny!

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #904 on: July 28, 2021, 06:05:34 PM »

I'm currently watching "Cults & Extreme Beliefs - The Survivors Speak".

It's a show that was filmed as the series finale to "Cults & Extreme Beliefs", which aired on the Vice Network.

The survivors were made up of one person from each of the following groups:

NXIVM
Jehovah's Witness
Children of God
United Nation of Islam
Unification Church  and its offshoot known as the Sanctuary Church of Newfoundland
FLDS
Twelve Tribes

Offline Sara B

• Obsessed
« Reply #905 on: July 29, 2021, 01:20:34 AM »
In Tom Daley's case. I don't think it was a matter of not liking labels, not when he applied two different ones to himself in a very short time span..

I'll give him this much. I suppose now it's beginning to get a little easier for an athlete to come out, but it still can't be that easy.

It's that timing thing that for some reason annoys me. I can't explain it/don't understand why it does, but it does.

I don’t know about timing, but he says the secret was taking over his whole life and affecting his performance, but he knew how much homophobia there was in the world of athletics. I think he felt the “bi” coming out would be more acceptable than “I am gay”.

I’ve come round to thinking that age is generally unimportant in relationships. And (though this shouldn’t matter) Dustin Lance Black really does not look his age - he has beautiful clear skin. They do seem so happy together with their little boy.

Offline Sara B

• Obsessed
« Reply #906 on: July 29, 2021, 01:23:22 AM »
I didn't know Tom Daley was from Devon.

Oh, we’re very proud of him!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #907 on: July 29, 2021, 06:47:10 AM »
Perhaps this should go in News and Current Events, but it seemed appropriate for this thread, too, since the man was so associated with TV.

https://apnews.com/article/business-arts-and-entertainment-ron-popeil-9b58dabb751fb23f7d08d0d32e32ca5f

The Pocket Fisherman, the Vege-O-Matic, and other products you couldn't do without. ...

R,I,P Ron Popeil.

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #908 on: July 29, 2021, 06:57:37 AM »

I remember seeing his commercials  I seem to recall a pasta maker.

Offline frokes

• Calm Under The Waves
  • Obsessed
« Reply #909 on: July 30, 2021, 03:24:48 PM »
Last night I finished watching the Swedish teen series Young RoyalsYoung Royals (available on Netflix), where there are two boys attending a boarding school, they fall in love. I was very impressed with some of the actors. The minor characters were interesting even though they did not get as much screen time. All in all I felt more invested in the performances that the actors did than some of the plot twists. I certainly hope there will be a new season next year.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 02:48:36 AM by frokes »
An affair with the G train,” he smirked into the floor, his eyes filling with tears. - The Bellwether

"Jack felt D hard beneath his hand. He leaned his forehead against D’s again. “You feel it,” he whispered, barely breathed, not really a question." - Zero at the Bone

Offline Sara B

• Obsessed
« Reply #910 on: July 31, 2021, 12:57:07 AM »
Young Royals is on my list to watch soon. I can’t decide whether to watch it dubbed in English (it’s very well done) or in Swedish with subtitles.

Offline frokes

• Calm Under The Waves
  • Obsessed
« Reply #911 on: July 31, 2021, 03:01:05 AM »
Oh, Sara B, I think it is probably wise to choose which version you will watch and then stick with it. I have heard others who have said about other series, that they begun watching the series in the dubbed version and after some episodes they switched to the original version. After that, though, they had to switch back again because they had gotten used to the dubbed version. I hope that you will enjoy Young Royals!
An affair with the G train,” he smirked into the floor, his eyes filling with tears. - The Bellwether

"Jack felt D hard beneath his hand. He leaned his forehead against D’s again. “You feel it,” he whispered, barely breathed, not really a question." - Zero at the Bone

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #912 on: August 02, 2021, 12:39:38 PM »
I was watching an episode of the game show Mental Samurai, hosted by Rob Lowe, with contestants from the United States and I happened to notice during the credits, this:

Filmed at the Warner Bros. Studio, Lisbon, Portugal.

What the hey? I didn't know Warner Bros. had a studio in Portugal and I wonder why they take all the trouble to film a game show there??? Other online info says the first season was filmed in Burbank. That was 2019, they didn't air last year in 2020. I'm sure it must have something to do with COVID and such, but it's weird they'd go to Portugal to film or tape a game show. Since most everything done now is digital, what is the word for filming or taping a show, since they don't film or tape most of them? Recording or shooting I guess? Digitizing?

Offline Flyboy

• A gentle word will calm the wrath...
  • Obsessed
« Reply #913 on: August 02, 2021, 06:03:36 PM »
Yes, less Covid in Portugal, plus everyone just LOVES visiting there....so I've heard!  ;)

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #914 on: August 02, 2021, 07:31:01 PM »
maybe they're getting some sort of monetary break by filming there?