The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: TV Right Now: The Good, the Bad, and the Totally Sucky - Volume 3  (Read 193388 times)

Online Sara B

• Obsessed
Re: TV Right Now: The Good, the Bad, and the Totally Sucky - Volume 3
« Reply #915 on: August 03, 2021, 01:16:31 AM »
Oh, Sara B, I think it is probably wise to choose which version you will watch and then stick with it. I have heard others who have said about other series, that they begun watching the series in the dubbed version and after some episodes they switched to the original version. After that, though, they had to switch back again because they had gotten used to the dubbed version. I hope that you will enjoy Young Royals!

I did enjoy it (I decided on the English version). I hope there’ll be a second series - certainly needs it.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #916 on: August 04, 2021, 07:21:56 PM »

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #917 on: August 05, 2021, 10:54:08 AM »

Isn't he the one that you championed early on?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed

Offline frokes

• Calm Under The Waves
  • Obsessed
« Reply #919 on: August 05, 2021, 01:12:20 PM »
I did enjoy it (I decided on the English version). I hope there’ll be a second series - certainly needs it.

I am glad you did enjoy it! The ending is very open in my opinion. I already have been thinking about what happens next.

I am currently watching episodes from season 4 of The Bold Type as I do not remember what I missed from that season.
An affair with the G train,” he smirked into the floor, his eyes filling with tears. - The Bellwether

"Jack felt D hard beneath his hand. He leaned his forehead against D’s again. “You feel it,” he whispered, barely breathed, not really a question." - Zero at the Bone

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #920 on: August 11, 2021, 05:57:58 PM »
According to ABC, it's Mike Richards, with Mayim Bialak (late of The Big Bang Theory) as host of the Jeopardy! tournaments.

Offline gwyllion

• Backpacker
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Polite menace
    • AO3
« Reply #921 on: August 12, 2021, 05:15:21 AM »
I had no clue who Mayim Bialak was when I saw her host Jeopardy. I have never seen any show she was in, but I thought she was perfect as a Jeopardy host. The only guest host who I thought did a better job than her was Bill Whitaker.

While Mike Richards was good, it seems very shady that he was named as host.
"You're a fucking lunatic and I like it." -Edward Teach

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #922 on: August 12, 2021, 07:05:35 AM »
I had no clue who Mayim Bialak was when I saw her host Jeopardy. I have never seen any show she was in, but I thought she was perfect as a Jeopardy host. The only guest host who I thought did a better job than her was Bill Whitaker.

I don't watch 60 Minutes, so I'd never heard of Bill Whitaker. I'm guessing a lot of the guest hosts simply didn't want the job because they had their own careers elsewhere. Just to give some examples who immediately came to my mind, Savannah Guthrie has the Today show, Dr. Oz (whom, incidentally, I loath) has his own show (I think he still does), I guess Joe Buck is still sportscasting. I've heard of Robin Roberts, but I'm not familiar with her--is she still working as a journalist? I'm sure there were others; I just can't think of them at the moment. I have a vague memory of learning that Ken Jennings didn't want the job.

Tell you what, there is one person I thought was conspicuously absent as a guest host: Brad Rutter.

Offline oilgun

• Obsessed
« Reply #923 on: August 15, 2021, 09:25:23 PM »

I'm impressed that you have never watched The Big Bang Theory or Blossom.
"Yer fond of me lobster aint' ye? I seen it - yer fond of me lobster! Say it! Say it. Say it!" - The Lighthouse.

Online Sara B

• Obsessed
« Reply #924 on: August 16, 2021, 02:23:48 AM »
Loved TBBT but don’t know Blossom.

My son has just put me on his Disney+ subscription and there are a few things I want to watch (including all series of The Golden Girls). I’m much enjoying Love, Victor, the spin-off from Love, Simon. Same school, and Simon is in the background as a (phone) mentor to Victor, who’s realising that he’s gay. We’re about to go to NY to meet Simon in person, I think. The same school and family setting, with some good, well-acted characters.

Offline gwyllion

• Backpacker
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Polite menace
    • AO3
« Reply #925 on: August 16, 2021, 05:48:59 AM »
I'm impressed that you have never watched The Big Bang Theory or Blossom.

:laugh:

There are many 'popular' TV shows of which I have never seen a single episode, to the horror of most people. These include Friends, Sex in the City, The Golden Girls, MASH, and many many many more!
"You're a fucking lunatic and I like it." -Edward Teach

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #926 on: August 16, 2021, 06:49:46 AM »
:laugh:

There are many 'popular' TV shows of which I have never seen a single episode, to the horror of most people. These include Friends, Sex in the City, The Golden Girls, MASH, and many many many more!

Friends and Seinfeld I've only seen a few episodes in syndicated reruns. I've never seen Sex in the City, and I didn't watch MASH either (I've seen a few episodes). I've never seen a single episode of Downton Abbey. I've missed most of Designing Women because I had a different commitment during the show's timeslot. (I did see the episode where Julia delivered the line, "And that was the night when the lights went out in Georgia.")

Of course MASH was part of the most amazing TV line-up ever: All in the Family; MASH; Mary Tyler Moore; Bob Newhart; and Carol Burnett. (I may actually have that line-up out of order, but I'm sure it began with All in the Family, and I'm sure of Carol Burnett. In retrospect I'm a little surprised my parents let me watch All in the Family.)

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #927 on: August 16, 2021, 11:03:25 AM »
Loved TBBT but don’t know Blossom.

Blossom was a big hit when it was on for 5 seasons from 1990-1995. Especially among teenage girls. Her brother was played by Joey Lawrence and he was very good looking and also popular. The show sparked a minor fashion trend of young girls wearing unusual hats, as Blossom did in the series.

An acquaintance of mine was working as an assistant to Bill Bixby in yhe early years of the show's run and I got to see a taping of the show because Bill Bixby directed quite a few episodes of it.

One of the characters in the show was Blossom's best friend and her character name was Six. Apparently in at least one episode someone asked her why she had such an unusual name and she replies, "I was named Six because that's how many drinks it took my mother before she had sex with my father."   :o

If interested, and still accurate, the Wiki page for this show says:

--On March 26, 2018, the whole series was made available on iTunes and Amazon Instant Video.
--In March 2021, the series is streaming again on Hulu.

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #928 on: August 16, 2021, 11:08:03 AM »

My son has just put me on his Disney+ subscription and there are a few things I want to watch (including all series of The Golden Girls). I’m much enjoying Love, Victor, the spin-off from Love, Simon. Same school, and Simon is in the background as a (phone) mentor to Victor, who’s realising that he’s gay. We’re about to go to NY to meet Simon in person, I think. The same school and family setting, with some good, well-acted characters.

Love, Victor is on Disney+? (It's on Hulu here. The 2nd Season came out in June this year.)

Online Sara B

• Obsessed
« Reply #929 on: August 16, 2021, 02:21:30 PM »
Yes. I’ve just started season 2.