The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: TV Right Now: The Good, the Bad, and the Totally Sucky - Volumn 3  (Read 6369 times)

Online Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
Re: TV Right Now: The Good, the Bad, and the Totally Sucky - Volumn 3
« Reply #270 on: June 24, 2020, 02:15:18 PM »
Hmmm...stark naked!  ;D

Or Buck naked.  ;D

Touché!  :D

Now, if only I were clever enough to come up with a fanfic plot where Buck turns out to have a younger brother named Darren. (I'd say it couldn't be Josh because there already is a Josh character.)

It really is spooky how much these three young men resemble each other. Maybe Daddy Stark has some 'splainin' to do.  ;D

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #271 on: June 24, 2020, 02:54:29 PM »

He'd have to be a traveler because those three were born in London, England, Vancouver, Canada, and Houston, Texas.

Offline gattaca

• Obsessed
  • How do you hide when you are running from yourself
« Reply #272 on: June 24, 2020, 04:32:42 PM »
^^^ ..or a popular sperm donor. I mean just look.   :o

Online Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #273 on: June 24, 2020, 04:34:07 PM »
^^^ ..or a popular sperm donor. I mean just look.   :o

Really! Very good genes.  :D

Offline Flyboy

• A gentle word will calm the wrath...
  • Obsessed
« Reply #274 on: June 24, 2020, 06:11:57 PM »
I have NEVER watched a NASCAR race on TeeVee, or in person, nor have I EVER watched a Golf Match, in person or on TeeVee!! I can't even imagine anything worse! Maybe watching Tennis? Live perhaps? I can't even watch Tennis on Teevee! I've tried........but to each their own, I know many people who LOVE NASCAR, or all Car related races......just not for me. Golf? LORD!! I call TeeVee Golf naptime!! hahaha...........

Offline Sara B

• Obsessed
« Reply #275 on: June 25, 2020, 07:21:53 AM »
Has anyone one seen “Unorthodox” (Netflix) about a young woman who leaves a strict Hasidic Jewish community in New York, with very little knowledge of the outside world? Fiction, but the author based it on her own experiences. Esther, the young woman, is a terrific character, and so well acted. I watched the 4 episodes almost back to back. Not depressing, except for the knowledge that people, especially women, are still living that sort of life - you couldn’t quite say cruel, but so very limited. I was very gripped by it.

Online Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #276 on: June 29, 2020, 08:35:45 PM »
Well, I must say this is not good news, but it's also not surprising news: 9-1-1 won't be returning until sometime in 2021. We can thank Covid-19 for that.

I'm not providing a link because a simple Google search for something like 9-1-1 Season 4 will pull up lots of articles from lots of places. There were too many to choose from, actually. One thing I read suggested there might be a new romantic interest for Buck (would make sense after his experience with Red). If that's the case, I won't be surprised if they do something with Eddie and Christopher's teacher--after all, he looked close enough to know the color of her eyes.

Now, if they would only put out Season 2 on DVD, but I really don't think that's going to happen. The websites for Target and Walmart had Season 2 listed as "Out of Stock," or some such silliness, but the last time I looked--and that was some time ago--the listings had gone to "Not Available." I'm not proud. I'd buy a pirated set if I could find one.

Offline Gazapete

• Lost in Translation
  • Obsessed
« Reply #277 on: June 30, 2020, 12:28:35 AM »
Has anyone one seen “Unorthodox” (Netflix) about a young woman who leaves a strict Hasidic Jewish community in New York, with very little knowledge of the outside world? Fiction, but the author based it on her own experiences. Esther, the young woman, is a terrific character, and so well acted. I watched the 4 episodes almost back to back. Not depressing, except for the knowledge that people, especially women, are still living that sort of life - you couldn’t quite say cruel, but so very limited. I was very gripped by it.

Yes, yes, and I loved it! I think I wrote about it here a couple of weeks ago, but y'all ignored me *snif*

It's a terrific show, I didn't know anything about this particular sect and was absorbed by the story, the characters, the language. One of the most pleasant surprises Netflix has given me.

Offline Sara B

• Obsessed
« Reply #278 on: June 30, 2020, 04:05:10 AM »
I had a feeling it had been mentioned but didn’t look very hard for it. I must have been subconsciously influenced by you! (Don’t cry ;D ) And I agree with what you say about it.

Perhaps it’s not on US Netflix.

Offline Sara B

• Obsessed
« Reply #279 on: June 30, 2020, 04:18:55 AM »
Elena, Netflix has just informed me that there’s a short film, “Making Unorthodox” starting today. Should be interesting.

Offline Gazapete

• Lost in Translation
  • Obsessed
« Reply #280 on: June 30, 2020, 04:24:52 AM »
Itis really interesting, I saw it already.

Offline Sara B

• Obsessed
« Reply #281 on: June 30, 2020, 05:07:37 AM »
Oh good.

Online CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #282 on: June 30, 2020, 08:39:34 AM »
Congratulations to Jeff Wrangler (Jeff) on reaching 6,000+ posts!!!!!

Offline Flyboy

• A gentle word will calm the wrath...
  • Obsessed
« Reply #283 on: June 30, 2020, 10:52:58 AM »
I finished watching the last episode of the final season of 13 Reasons Why. WOW, that final season was a real rollercoaster ride, but they mananged to tie it up nicely, I guess.  ;D.......not a show for everyone though........

Online Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #284 on: June 30, 2020, 11:34:56 AM »
Congratulations to Jeff Wrangler (Jeff) on reaching 6,000+ posts!!!!!

Thanks. ... Oh, good grief. ...