The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: TV Right Now: The Good, the Bad, and the Totally Sucky - Volume 3  (Read 21290 times)

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
Re: TV Right Now: The Good, the Bad, and the Totally Sucky - Volume 3
« Reply #510 on: January 08, 2021, 12:10:44 PM »
L&O:SVU was new last night, did you watch that, Jeff? It was decent. Barba was back.

I'm wondering if TV series should forget about using masks in the shows. It becomes distracting because they don't use them all the time as one is supposed to or should. Example: One scene in the station, the main characters come in an office wearing masks, but then they all take them off or pull them down for "their scene." And then you start looking for this and it becomes a distraction to the plots. Make sense?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 02:44:36 PM by CellarDweller115 »

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #511 on: January 08, 2021, 12:45:26 PM »
L&O:SVU was new last night, did you watch that, Jeff? It was decent. Barba was back.

I'm wondering if TV series should forget about using masks in the shows. It becomes distracting because they don't use them all the time as one is supposed to or should. Example: One scene in the station, the main characters come in an office wearing masks, but then they all take them off or pull them down for "their scene." And then you start looking for this and it becomes a distraction to the plots. Make sense?

Yes, I saw it. I never liked Barba. I'm sure Raul Esparza is doing a good job with what he's given to work with. I just never liked the character.

Far more interesting to me:

When did Finn get a girlfriend?  I totally missed that. (I didn't catch the credits, but I think she played Danny's partner in the first season of Blue Bloods.)

Sonny spending New Year's Eve with Amanda and her kids. We've known for, what, two seasons at least that he's been carrying a torch for her. Is that finally going somewhere, now that they don't work together? He already seems to have a relationship with her kids.

I haven't given thought to the masks. I haven't found them distracting (though now, thanks to you, I might  :laugh: ), but the use/not use does seem a little annoying, like paying lip service, or something.

Has Chris Meloni's L&O show started yet, and I've missed it?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 02:44:46 PM by CellarDweller115 »

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #512 on: January 09, 2021, 12:43:29 PM »
Sometimes I can't keep up, either. The Finn girlfriend seemed like something I've overlooked before, too.

Who knows where Sonny/Amanda will go. But I like it.
I'd rather he stayed a detective, though.

I recall you didn't like Barba, but you don't like his replacement, either, I recall.

Meloni's new show, Law & Order: Organized Crime has no info listed on NBC's site as to when it will start,
though it's still officially slated to start sometime in the 2020-21 season, but who knows?

Filming in L.A. has been shut down again for who knows how long. I don't know about NYC.

NBC is also working on Law & Order: Hate Crimes which is going to air on their new streaming site.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 02:44:59 PM by CellarDweller115 »

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #513 on: January 09, 2021, 07:11:06 PM »
Who knows where Sonny/Amanda will go. But I like it.
I'd rather he stayed a detective, though.

I agree on both counts. I like Sonny a lot. He's a really good-hearted person.  (He just doesn't do anything for me sexually--I've said that before, too.)

I recall you didn't like Barba, but you don't like his replacement, either, I recall.

Maybe I'll like the replacement better once I get to see him in action more. We definitely got off on the wrong foot.  ;D

Meloni's new show, Law & Order: Organized Crime has no info listed on NBC's site as to when it will start,
though it's still officially slated to start sometime in the 2020-21 season, but who knows?

Filming in L.A. has been shut down again for who knows how long. I don't know about NYC.

Of course I hadn't heard, but I figured that was the case in L.A.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 02:45:10 PM by CellarDweller115 »

Offline Flyboy

• A gentle word will calm the wrath...
  • Obsessed
« Reply #514 on: January 13, 2021, 07:26:55 AM »
Does anyone know something about this new series Clarice? One article said it started Jan 11th, another said it's Feb 11th. On CBS apparently, although a friend told me it was going to be on Netflix! I don't know. Any thoughts/info?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 02:45:29 PM by CellarDweller115 »

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #515 on: January 13, 2021, 07:51:45 AM »
Last night I caught the episode of Finding Your Roots With Henry Louis Gates, Jr., on PBS. Gates is an awesome presenter--I love his programs. This was fascinating, in particular because one of the subjects was Nancy Pelosi. I knew she was from Baltimore and was a Representative from California, but I'd never heard of her before she became an important person in Congress. (Her road to political prominence began when she worked on Jerry Brown's campaign. Meanwhile, she had had five kids in six years.)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 02:45:42 PM by CellarDweller115 »

Offline Flyboy

• Obsessed
« Reply #516 on: January 13, 2021, 07:56:14 AM »
Like my Mother, she had 6 kids in 7 years, 9 altogether!! TOOOOO MANY!!  :P :laugh:
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 02:45:53 PM by CellarDweller115 »

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #517 on: January 13, 2021, 12:07:14 PM »
Does anyone know something about this new series Clarice? One article said it started Jan 11th, another said it's Feb 11th. On CBS apparently, although a friend told me it was going to be on Netflix! I don't know. Any thoughts/info?

"Clarice" offers a deep dive into the untold personal story of FBI Agent Clarice Starling as she returns to the field in 1993, six months after the events of "The Silence of the Lambs." Brilliant and vulnerable, Clarice's bravery gives her an inner light that draws monsters and madmen to her. However, her complex psychological makeup that comes from a challenging childhood empowers her to begin to find her voice while working in a man's world, as well as escape the family secrets that have haunted her throughout her life.

First episode date: February 11, 2021
Network: CBS
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 02:46:03 PM by CellarDweller115 »

Offline Flyboy

• Obsessed
« Reply #518 on: January 13, 2021, 12:20:59 PM »
Thanks, Linda!! You're the best! I read that it was Feb 11th, then read an article on the CNN news page that said it started Jan 11th, so I didn't know. Plus my friend said it was on Netflix! Baaaawaaaahhhaaaaa!! :P :laugh:

Who knows?! I will be setting it up to record each episode though. I should 'refresh' my memory of SOTL........gotta find that film somewhere before Feb.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 02:46:17 PM by CellarDweller115 »

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #519 on: January 13, 2021, 02:55:17 PM »
^^^^^ No problem, Jonn. I'm glad it helped.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 02:46:27 PM by CellarDweller115 »

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #520 on: January 16, 2021, 01:31:08 PM »
This week's L&O:SVU episode was pretty fascinating. The guest star role was an intriguing role, I thought, and the guy who was cast was perfect for it. They give Emmy nominations for "guest star" in a Drama episode, though it seems that's for really well known celebrities who do one-shots in various series. They should nominate this unknown actor for this role. He really was a guest star in it.

Jeff: We have some new 9-1-1's to look forward to on Monday!

« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 02:46:38 PM by CellarDweller115 »

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #521 on: January 17, 2021, 04:30:09 PM »
This week's L&O:SVU episode was pretty fascinating. The guest star role was an intriguing role, I thought, and the guy who was cast was perfect for it. They give Emmy nominations for "guest star" in a Drama episode, though it seems that's for really well known celebrities who do one-shots in various series. They should nominate this unknown actor for this role. He really was a guest star in it.

Yes, I thought it was quite good.

Jeff: We have some new 9-1-1's to look forward to on Monday!

Yes. I'm away from home right now, so I made sure I could find the local Fox channel.

Oddly, I'm not feeling that excited, but that's probably because I have a lot of other things on my mind right now.

I watched the season 3 ending episode again last week, and it reinforced my opinion that the final ending of Buck and Abby was not well done. Abby was such a good character, a good person, that I didn't find it believable that she would not let Buck know that she had found somebody else and was going to marry him.

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #522 on: January 18, 2021, 10:53:27 AM »

I agree with your opinion about the handling of that last season.

And, yeah, it's hard to get excited about watching something, even new, because
that's all we've been doing for too long lately!

"Something else to watch? Just what I need." LOL!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #523 on: January 18, 2021, 08:04:29 PM »
I agree with your opinion about the handling of that last season.

Thank you. I'm glad to know that because I respect your judgment.

So, I watched the 9-1-1 season opener tonight. I'll reserve any comments for now to avoid spoilers.

I also really don't know why I didn't continue and watch Lone Star. Maybe it's because I felt I'd still be kind of lost since I didn't watch it from the beginning of the series.

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #524 on: January 19, 2021, 10:07:23 AM »

Even though I thought about it a couple times yesterday,
when the evening came I forgot to watch 9-1-1. Weird.
So I guess I'll watch it tonight.