The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: TV Right Now: The Good, the Bad, and the Totally Sucky - Volume 3  (Read 25086 times)

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
Re: TV Right Now: The Good, the Bad, and the Totally Sucky - Volume 3
« Reply #630 on: February 22, 2021, 10:18:41 PM »
9-1-1 Spoiler Alert

We saw the kid in the laundromat! It was a blink-and-you-miss-it thing, but there was definitely a little boy in a laundromat. (It might have been a washer rather than a dryer.)

Heh!

I saw that tonight!  Can't believe you just brought that up, too!

Lyle, how long ago was it that your friend saw the cast in an alley outside a laundromat?

I found the post Jeff. It was about a year and a half ago!

Online Lyle (Mooska)
View Profile  Email  Personal Message (Online)

Re: TV Right Now: The Good, the Bad, and the Totally Sucky - Volume 2
Reply #7187 on: August 11, 2019, 01:34:34 PM

Jeff, my friend Tim wrote me this email on Friday, August 2nd:

After work I decided to go see Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and when I got there it was sold out. After my aborted attempt to see the movie, I was on my way home, walking down Western Ave., approaching Melrose.  I passed a laundromat and there was a film crew filming inside.  As I passed, I happened to look in the window and saw Peter Krause standing there, waiting for what looked like to do another take.  I didn't linger to see if any of the other cast members were there. They probably were, but I didn't have a full view of the whole inside.  It was just a neat surprise to see him in his uniform.

After seeing this post I remembered that we found out in an episode synopsis in the coming season that they were going to rescue a boy in a laundromat, but that was never shown.

I was wondering if the series had a bunch of scenes they filmed that they never used and someone got the idea for tonight's episode of having the jinx and going on a large number of calls, so that way they could use some footage from each one of those scenes they filmed but didn't use.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #631 on: February 23, 2021, 08:05:11 AM »
I was wondering if the series had a bunch of scenes they filmed that they never used and someone got the idea for tonight's episode of having the jinx and going on a large number of calls, so that way they could use some footage from each one of those scenes they filmed but didn't use.

I'm just about convinced that's the case. Back on 2/18 I noted that "Buck Begins" had a scene of Buck showing up at the station as a new recruit. I saw that scene ages ago on YouTube but swore I never saw it in an episode. I'm sure we discussed that scene a long time ago--neither of us remembered ever having seen it.

From what they showed of next week's episode, it looks to me like it's going to be "9-1-1 Does Rear Window," with Michael spying on his neighbors with a telescope.

And did I hear they're going to have a Winter Break just as spring begins?

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #632 on: February 23, 2021, 09:44:55 AM »
They said it would be the "winter finale."

I mentioned in a post a few days ago that after the next three episodes, the first of which was last night...

[...]
After those three episodes it looks like they're taking six weeks off before the next episode: April 19th.

Same with Lone Star.  I don't know why I keep watching it. I haven't liked it all season. Last night I got really bored.
Not so much with the calls they go on, but the relationships somehow all seem distant to me. And for whatever reason,
I just don't buy Rob Lowe as an EMT. I surely wouldn't watch it if it wasn't on right after 9-1-1 this season. But don't
tell Fox that.

Wonder how many episodes 9-1-1 will air when it comes back? I'm guessing 5 or 6, because I don't think they'll be running
into June with new episodes. That would make 13 or 14 episodes for the season. The first season began in January. The next two seasons they did 10 episodes in the fall and then came back 3-4 months later in March and aired 8 more.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 09:55:05 AM by Lyle (Mooska) »

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #633 on: February 23, 2021, 10:32:38 AM »
They said it would be the "winter finale."

They did, indeed.

We still need to see Buck's attempt at a new relationship. We've seen Eddie. I thought he was going to start crying again when he was talking with Bobby.

Offline Flyboy

• A gentle word will calm the wrath...
  • Obsessed
« Reply #634 on: February 23, 2021, 05:55:27 PM »
Rob Lowe plays a Fire Chief or Captain in 9-1-1 Lone Star, Lyle! I just watch the show for his Son's relationships! That's about it for me!  ;)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #635 on: Yesterday at 07:48:25 AM »
Last night I watched the episode of Finding Your Roots with Henry Louis Gates. Last night's subjects were Clint Black and Roseanne Cash. It's just amazing the things his researchers find out about the ancestry of his subjects. He always ends by going into the DNA ancestry of the subjects and shows to whom they're connected that way.

Finding Your Roots was followed up by Gates' two-hour documentary on the Black church, with lots on its role in the Civil Rights struggle and in the arts (i.e., how many singers got their start singing in church--Aretha Franklin's father was a well-known preacher),and how the two were oombined.

No matter what the topic, I always find Gates' programs interesting. He is a great story-teller.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
Maybe a bit of a crossover to kick off the new show? Meloni is still Eliot Stabler, so I think it's a little hard to believe he won't at least stop by to say hello to his old partner Olivia Benson.

That's exactly what's happening--a crossover event. There was a commercial at the end of tonight's episode of S.V.U. advertising a crossover event April 1. It was interesting; they used clips from S.V.U, episodes from years ago.