The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: The Diner - Volume 43  (Read 21285 times)

Offline tfferg

• Obsessed
Re: The Diner - Volume 43
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2020, 05:30:13 PM »
Hey Tony! Good luck!

Hello Fritz

It's reassuring to see that Earl is improving and that someone will come to care for him at home.

Offline dejavu

• may the snowy egret live
  • Obsessed
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2020, 05:31:41 PM »
Chicken

That looks good, Chuck.  Thanks!
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline dejavu

• Obsessed
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2020, 05:32:27 PM »
I thought we were having a choir Zoom meeting tonight, then I read the email again, it was on Tuesday! Oh well.

Oh, dear.  That's a shame, Fritz.
Jack's from Texas.

Offline tfferg

• Obsessed
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2020, 05:35:42 PM »

nice to see they were able to narrow it down to a certain window of time during the day.

::) ::) ::)

I hope it's soon because I need to go out just locally.

Offline dejavu

• Obsessed
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2020, 05:36:03 PM »
Well, I washed my hair. That took maybe half an hour. But I spent 3 and a half hours going round with the company taking care of the PPP loan, because I had forgotten my password and couldn't get in to finish up the loan documents. Eventually I got out of voicemail hell and got a human who was able to get through whatever glitch was preventing me from reaching the password reset page and a good hour and a half of the time was with him, following his instructions and reporting the repeated failures before I was finally able to get to the documents that needed initials and signatures and do that over the internet. So now the money should show up in our account in 5-7 business days. YAY!

Sorry I missed the end of the old Diner but I tried to catch up.

Hi, Jenny.  What a pain, these mechanization foibles.   >:(  Glad you were able to persevere and will get the money without too much more delay.
Jack's from Texas.

Offline dejavu

• Obsessed
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2020, 05:38:44 PM »
Hi, Tony.  Yeah, that could be a long wait, but I hope not.
Jack's from Texas.

Offline Jenny

• Reads a lot
  • Obsessed
  • We're not obsessed, we're just intensely focused!
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2020, 05:41:07 PM »
Fritz, that's Great news! ;D Especially if the PT will be monitoring Earl's condition and reporting back any decline s/he observes. Is there some follow-up arranged with the GE or whoever was responsible for his treatment in the hospital? I know Earl is champing at the bit to get out of there and he'll be much happier at home. Hope you can get as much rest as you need with him back, too.

Ingpictographer, congratulations on your continued progress with the albums! :) Glad you're still enjoying nice weather--not so here. It wasn't horribly hot, but overcast and oppressively humid. Just awful. Air conditioner on all day. Your dinner sounded delicious.

Debbie, glad to hear you're some better. I assume you can reschedule the appointment.

Hello to Sara!
Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love – time is eternity.

A friend is what the heart needs all the time.

Henry van Dyke

Offline tfferg

• Obsessed
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2020, 05:41:16 PM »
Well, I washed my hair. That took maybe half an hour. But I spent 3 and a half hours going round with the company taking care of the PPP loan, because I had forgotten my password and couldn't get in to finish up the loan documents. Eventually I got out of voicemail hell and got a human who was able to get through whatever glitch was preventing me from reaching the password reset page and a good hour and a half of the time was with him, following his instructions and reporting the repeated failures before I was finally able to get to the documents that needed initials and signatures and do that over the internet. So now the money should show up in our account in 5-7 business days. YAY!

I know how frustrating and difficult those processes can be, but you managed it at long last.

Offline Jenny

• Reads a lot
  • Obsessed
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2020, 05:42:45 PM »
You were a bit busy on Tuesday, Fritz. Sorry you missed the Zoom meeting, though. :(
Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love – time is eternity.

Henry van Dyke

Online CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2020, 05:44:02 PM »
Hello Jenny!  Welcome to the new Diner!

Online CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2020, 05:45:54 PM »
I love where I work.  We had an online all hands meeting today, and after the boring slides of upcoming forecast, state of the business, quality, and customer commits, they got to the important part: we can order a desk, chair and other supplies from Staples to work from home.  What?!

I didn’t log in to order yet, but I looked at the options – the chair is $300 – must be better than the $50 one I bought from Amazon.  I don’t need the desk so I won’t get that, but I think I will take advantage of the chair.

There are 15 pages of stuff we can order, so I’ll have to log in and see what’s out there…the only thing I really need is a calendar, I left mine at work.

Now this is great!   Nice to see a company is doing what they can to make their employees comfortable while working from home.

Online fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2020, 05:47:12 PM »
Fritz, that's Great news! ;D Especially if the PT will be monitoring Earl's condition and reporting back any decline s/he observes. Is there some follow-up arranged with the GE or whoever was responsible for his treatment in the hospital? I know Earl is champing at the bit to get out of there and he'll be much happier at home. Hope you can get as much rest as you need with him back, too.

Ingpictographer, congratulations on your continued progress with the albums! :) Glad you're still enjoying nice weather--not so here. It wasn't horribly hot, but overcast and oppressively humid. Just awful. Air conditioner on all day. Your dinner sounded delicious.

Debbie, glad to hear you're some better. I assume you can reschedule the appointment.

Hello to Sara!

We had to cancel the last video session with the GE, but we can schedule another one after he's home, and by that time we should be able to visit her live.

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline tfferg

• Obsessed
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2020, 05:47:33 PM »
I love where I work.  We had an online all hands meeting today, and after the boring slides of upcoming forecast, state of the business, quality, and customer commits, they got to the important part: we can order a desk, chair and other supplies from Staples to work from home.  What?!

I didn’t log in to order yet, but I looked at the options – the chair is $300 – must be better than the $50 one I bought from Amazon.  I don’t need the desk so I won’t get that, but I think I will take advantage of the chair.

There are 15 pages of stuff we can order, so I’ll have to log in and see what’s out there…the only thing I really need is a calendar, I left mine at work.

The state government here is worried about more people walking in the central business district, a big spike in traffic and people crowding on public transport especially between 3 and 5pm. Some restrictions are being lifted, but they think many people are going back to work. The premier has just ordered that people who can work from home must do so.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 06:53:23 PM by tfferg »

Offline Jenny

• Reads a lot
  • Obsessed
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2020, 05:47:42 PM »
Tony, you have my utmost sympathy. I've had too many of those endless waits for repair people or package deliveries that have to be signed for. Gotta say, that's one heck of a window. >:( Mine are usually 2-4 hours.

Henry van Dyke

Online fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2020, 05:47:54 PM »
You were a bit busy on Tuesday, Fritz. Sorry you missed the Zoom meeting, though. :(

It would have been nice, but I was so used to it being on Thursday that I overlooked the date!

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."