The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: The Diner - Volume 43  (Read 21268 times)

Offline Jenny

• Reads a lot
  • Obsessed
  • We're not obsessed, we're just intensely focused!
Re: The Diner - Volume 43
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2020, 05:50:10 PM »
Thank you, Chuck! :) Did you know it's national hamburger day? The ones you're serving look yummy.
Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love – time is eternity.

A friend is what the heart needs all the time.

Henry van Dyke

Offline Jenny

• Reads a lot
  • Obsessed
  • We're not obsessed, we're just intensely focused!
« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2020, 05:55:28 PM »
Hi Jenny, I think we can all agree that the important thing is that you washed your hair  :D

Sorry about all the password/voicemail hell/phone crap...but it's over now!

Absolutely, Nancy! :) It's wonderful that your company is making so many supplies available to you. A $300 chair sounds pretty luxurious. Sounds like a very good place to work.
Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love – time is eternity.

A friend is what the heart needs all the time.

Henry van Dyke

Online CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2020, 06:00:53 PM »
Thank you, Chuck! :) Did you know it's national hamburger day? The ones you're serving look yummy.

No, I didn't!   I have hamburger here, I should've made one.  LOL

Maybe Sunday.

Offline tfferg

• Obsessed
« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2020, 06:00:56 PM »
Tony, you have my utmost sympathy. I've had too many of those endless waits for repair people or package deliveries that have to be signed for. Gotta say, that's one heck of a window. >:( Mine are usually 2-4 hours.

Yes, usually the window is very much shorter and the repairman sometimes arrives earlier than expected. When I rang the company, the woman wasn't sure who she could allocate come to do the work. Maybe it has something to do with the lockdown. I did get an email yesterday reminding me of the booking.

Offline tfferg

• Obsessed
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2020, 06:10:51 PM »
I rang CPAP yesterday because I wanted to take my machine to be checked. I stopped using it last week when it made banging noises. I got through to someone who said all their outlets are closed because of the pandemic. He suggested the noise might be caused by water in the tubing. I couldn't see any, but the tube is not completely transparent. He told me how to find the menu and reset the humidity control from automatic to manual and to try it at bedtime.

When I switched on last night, it worked OK. When I put the mask on, a few drops of water leaked out. I was able to sleep through the night with it working.

Online dejavu

• may the snowy egret live
  • Obsessed
« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2020, 06:11:43 PM »

Debbie, glad to hear you're some better. I assume you can reschedule the appointment.

Hi, Jenny, good to see you.  Yes, I rescheduled the dental appointment for June 16.  They offered June 9, but I wasn't sure about that, depending on whether this really developed into a true sore throat.  The dentist is only there M-Tu-W now, and only until 12:30 PM on those three days, because business is slow.  But that's fine with me.

I was up most of the afternoon, then went for a nap just before 6:00, and feel more rested now, although I slept through the news.  I heard enough of the Weather to know it's going to be very humid.

Good for you, for washing your hair, I didn't get around to that today, so will have to try tomorrow.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Online dejavu

• Obsessed
« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2020, 06:13:11 PM »
We had to cancel the last video session with the GE, but we can schedule another one after he's home, and by that time we should be able to visit her live.

That's good, Fritz.  I hope she gets to see him and stays in closer touch with his condition now.
Jack's from Texas.

Online dejavu

• Obsessed
« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2020, 06:15:44 PM »
No, I didn't!   I have hamburger here, I should've made one.  LOL

Maybe Sunday.

Maybe Sunday, definitely.  Now I'm hungry for a hamburger, I would order one delivered, but it's too late for that now.  Anyway, I had already planned to make a roast turkey (frozen dinner) meal for dinner, and I'm on my way down to start that right now.
Jack's from Texas.

Online fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2020, 06:18:18 PM »
I had some fish sticks and pizza rolls, I decided to finish those off.

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Online dejavu

• Obsessed
« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2020, 06:42:52 PM »
They sound good too, Fritz.
Jack's from Texas.

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2020, 07:09:29 PM »
Hello all.  Goodbye to the old Diner and hello to the new Diner.

I had a relatively good experience today with the sadist PT today. I think he read the notes that Yoshio put in yesterday. He had me do less stressful exercises starting out and then allowed me to take long breaks between the sets. The one exercise that really did me in on Tuesday we didn't do today.

I lie on my back and scoot my butt up as close to the wall as I can and place my foot flat on the wall and let gravity drop it. It's the getting it back up the wall that is the killer. What he had me do today is lie on my stomach and have a cord that is hooked over my foot and pull my leg up over my head as far as I can go, and hold it for 10 seconds X 3. This is actually easier, believe it or not.

Anyway, even though I was in pain when I got done, I was able to function to get in my car and drive home and then put ice on my knee and was able get up and walk around after about an hour. YAY! I consider this a win.

Next week I'll have a day in between sessions to recoup. I have my last session this week tomorrow at 7 AM. I actually like these early morning ones as my knee hasn't had a chance to swell up and get stiff. Plus it's over for the day! :D
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 07:26:37 PM by killersmom »
Nature has cunning ways of finding our weakest spot.
Call Me By Your Name

Online CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2020, 07:17:20 PM »
Oh, that's good news, Auntie!  I'm so glad it went so much better today!

Online dejavu

• Obsessed
« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2020, 07:17:22 PM »
Linda!  I was just coming here to post, "I wonder if Linda survived her PT today?" because we hadn't heard from you.  Welcome, welcome to the new Diner! 

Now I have to go back and read your full report about PT, but it sounds like you did survive the sadist.   ;D
Jack's from Texas.

Online dejavu

• Obsessed
« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2020, 07:22:45 PM »

1.   I lie on my back and scoot my but up as close to the wall as I can and place my foot flat on the wall and let gravity drop it. It's the getting it back up the wall that is the killer. What he had me do today is lie on my stomach and have a cord that is hooked over my foot and pull my leg up over my head as far as I can go, and hold it for 10 seconds X 3. This is actually easier, believe it or not.

2.   Anyway, even though I was in pain when I got done, I was able to function to get in my car and drive home and then put ice on my knee and was able get up and walk around after about an hour. YAY! I consider this a win.

3.   Next week I'll have a day in between sessions to recoup. I have my last session this week tomorrow at 7 AM. I actually like these early morning ones as my knee hasn't had a chance to swell up and get stiff. Plus it's over for the day! :D

1.  I'm picturing this exercise, and can believe that it would be easier with the cord to help pull your leg up.

2.  I consider this a big win for you, too, being able to walk around soon afterwards.

3.  Can well imagine you'll be happy after that 7 AM session is over....not just for the day, but it will be the weekend, too.

Very good job, Linda!  I'm impressed.   ;D
Jack's from Texas.

Online fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2020, 07:23:06 PM »
Hey Linda!  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*

Yay!