The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: The Diner - Volume 43  (Read 56798 times)

Offline tfferg

• Obsessed
Re: The Diner - Volume 43
« Reply #9975 on: August 01, 2020, 09:50:46 PM »
Hi Tony. I'm so sorry to hear about all this. I know it's bad there and it's bad here as well. Just doesn't seem like an end in sight.

Hi Linda

It looks like we are all in for a long haul.

Online dejavu

• may the snowy egret live
  • Obsessed
« Reply #9976 on: August 01, 2020, 09:52:48 PM »
They're the people who have sent the visiting nurses and home health care people here over the past couple of years.

Yes, it does look like a good place in that link, Fritz.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Online dejavu

• Obsessed
« Reply #9977 on: August 01, 2020, 09:53:33 PM »
Hi, Debbie

We are OK, thanks Debbie and hope you are too.

Good.  Yes, I'm doing well tonight, thanks, Tony.
Jack's from Texas.

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #9978 on: August 01, 2020, 10:05:44 PM »
Well, it's midnight by me, and we just started posting on page #666!

:o

Online fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #9979 on: August 01, 2020, 10:07:18 PM »
Woo woo!

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Online fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #9980 on: August 01, 2020, 10:07:42 PM »
On that note, g'nite y'all!

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Online dejavu

• Obsessed
« Reply #9981 on: August 01, 2020, 10:21:37 PM »
Well, it's midnight by me, and we just started posting on page #666!

:o

Happy Page 666!

And good night, Fritz, Chuck, and anyone else still up at the witching hour.

See you tomorrow.
Jack's from Texas.

Offline brian

• Obsessed
« Reply #9982 on: August 01, 2020, 11:45:09 PM »
It has just been announced that the state of Victoria in Australia has been  declared a state of emergency. The restrictions in Melbourne for the next 6 weeks are similar, probably a bit more strict, to what New Zealand imposed for 5 weeks from March 25. I always believed that Australia (and many other countries around the world) should have done the same but no, they were afraid of doing too much damage to the economy. We are now reaping the benefits with everything open and, except for tourism, signs of recovery.  The government is pouring money into schemes to help. However, I never want to rejoice too much as Covid is very sneaky. Stay safe Tony and Phong.

Offline tfferg

• Obsessed
« Reply #9983 on: August 02, 2020, 12:17:18 AM »
It has just been announced that the state of Victoria in Australia has been  declared a state of emergency. The restrictions in Melbourne for the next 6 weeks are similar, probably a bit more strict, to what New Zealand imposed for 5 weeks from March 25. I always believed that Australia (and many other countries around the world) should have done the same but no, they were afraid of doing too much damage to the economy. We are now reaping the benefits with everything open and, except for tourism, signs of recovery.  The government is pouring money into schemes to help. However, I never want to rejoice too much as Covid is very sneaky. Stay safe Tony and Phong.

A State of Disaster goes into effect in Melbourne from 6pm tonight. We'll be under curfew from 8pm till 5am for 6 weeks from tonight. We can only go as far as 5 km from home. Only 1 person per household can go shopping for essentials only once a day. Wean only go out to exercise near home for 1 hour only once a day. We can't visit anyone except for urgent care.

School students will study from home.

The aim is to reduce the number of people moving around because there are so many infections whose source can't be traced to their origins.

There will be more military to monitor and enforce compliance.

Tomorrow the government will announce three categories of industries to take effect on Wednesday: 1. essential services that will stay open, 2. industries that will have reduced hours and reduced numbers of people working, 3 industries to be closed.

The rest of Victoria is being put under Stage 3 restrictions with the particular aim of keeping the virus out of aged care home. The regional ones are mostly state government facilities.

Thanks Brian

Offline Sara B

• Obsessed
« Reply #9984 on: August 02, 2020, 12:24:42 AM »
Here's a shot of my kitchen.

I have cabinets above the fridge, next to the fridge, under the sink, in the corner and next to the stove, as well as upper corner and over the stove, so I'm pretty set with needed space.

It’s nice, Chuck!

Offline Sara B

• Obsessed
« Reply #9985 on: August 02, 2020, 12:29:00 AM »
Hello friends

Feeling a bit antsy.

Three weeks in to the Stage 3 restrictions in Victoria, the number of CoVid19 infections are far too high - there are expected to be more than 600 announced today. m There were a record 723 on Thursday, 627 on Friday, 397n yesterday. The totals death toll in Victoria was 113 yesterday,, 201 for Australia.

Teams of public health officials and military have been knocking on the doors of people who have tested positive to check that they are isolating, to make sure they understand what they must do and offer support - they are are organising for people's prescriptions to be filled and supplies of essentials delivered.

But they found the other day that about 140 out of 500 people who were supposed to be a home were not there. It seems that many infected people are still going to work. A contributing factor is that many people employed as casuals have no sick leave entitlements. The state government is offering payments of $300 to people waiting for test trusts to help them stay home and $1500 to people who have tested positive and have to isolate for 14 days.

There is a devastating toll in aged care facilities.

There are increasing numbers of infections that the contact tracers can't track down to their original sources.

And of course, there are the conspiracy theorists and Covidiots behaving recklessly and refusing to wear a mask and stay at home except for the four legitimate reasons to go out locally. People have been caught driving hundred of kilomees for no good reason. The police are fining miscreants, including people who refuse when police offer them a mask

The Premier is due to announce further restrictions this afternoon.

This is really bad, Tony. And I wonder what similar home checks would reveal in other countries.

Offline Sara B

• Obsessed
« Reply #9986 on: August 02, 2020, 12:32:29 AM »
Oh, it’s p666!

Offline tfferg

• Obsessed
« Reply #9987 on: August 02, 2020, 01:35:42 AM »
Phong phoned his family earlier today and we were able to congratulate Som and Dai and wish them happiness.

Later somebody sent us photos oF Som and Noi looking so gorgeous in Thai costume, Som in shimmering patterned pink and Noi in deep hot pink. They are both beautiful women.

There was a photo of Dai in beautiful pale blue Thai costume on his hands and knees trying to get under the flower garland rope the women of the family are holding to block his way. He and his people have to keep handing over banknotes until the women are satisfied and let him through to join Som from the marriage ceremony.

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
  • ...suspended above ordinary affairs...
« Reply #9988 on: August 02, 2020, 06:55:50 AM »
At first I thought Emmett loved Buddy, but over the years I've realized he just wants to torment him.  When Buddy sleeps on the floor near the bed, Emmett lays down right next to him...to intimidate him, I think.  He does it all the time, just to be a noodge...

Bye, Felicia

"What a maroon."  Bugs Bunny

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
  • ...suspended above ordinary affairs...
« Reply #9989 on: August 02, 2020, 06:58:42 AM »
Phong phoned his family earlier today and we were able to congratulate Som and Dai and wish them happiness.

Later somebody sent us photos oF Som and Noi looking so gorgeous in Thai costume, Som in shimmering patterned pink and Noi in deep hot pink. They are both beautiful women.

There was a photo of Dai in beautiful pale blue Thai costume on his hands and knees trying to get under the flower garland rope the women of the family are holding to block his way. He and his people have to keep handing over banknotes until the women are satisfied and let him through to join Som from the marriage ceremony.

the wedding sounds beautiful, I hope everyone was able to stay safe.
Bye, Felicia

"What a maroon."  Bugs Bunny