The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: The Diner - Volume 43  (Read 56784 times)

Offline Sara B

• Obsessed
Re: The Diner - Volume 43
« Reply #9990 on: August 02, 2020, 06:59:37 AM »
At first I thought Emmett loved Buddy, but over the years I've realized he just wants to torment him.  When Buddy sleeps on the floor near the bed, Emmett lays down right next to him...to intimidate him, I think.  He does it all the time, just to be a noodge...

^^^^^
He has a really smug look on his face! :D

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
  • ...suspended above ordinary affairs...
« Reply #9991 on: August 02, 2020, 07:10:32 AM »
Now that you mention it...that's a good word for his look  :)
Bye, Felicia

"What a maroon."  Bugs Bunny

Offline Elisiv05

• Obsessed
  • "Per sidera iuro."
« Reply #9992 on: August 02, 2020, 07:36:32 AM »
Well, it's midnight by me, and we just started posting on page #666!

Then we're not going to quote Iron Maiden... :)
You know somebody name a Jack?

Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end.

Offline Elisiv05

• Obsessed
  • "Per sidera iuro."
« Reply #9993 on: August 02, 2020, 07:37:28 AM »
At first I thought Emmett loved Buddy, but over the years I've realized he just wants to torment him.  When Buddy sleeps on the floor near the bed, Emmett lays down right next to him...to intimidate him, I think.  He does it all the time, just to be a noodge...

And they keep reminding me of Garfield and Odie. :)
You know somebody name a Jack?

Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end.

Online fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #9994 on: August 02, 2020, 08:33:50 AM »
A State of Disaster goes into effect in Melbourne from 6pm tonight. We'll be under curfew from 8pm till 5am for 6 weeks from tonight. We can only go as far as 5 km from home. Only 1 person per household can go shopping for essentials only once a day. Wean only go out to exercise near home for 1 hour only once a day. We can't visit anyone except for urgent care.

School students will study from home.

The aim is to reduce the number of people moving around because there are so many infections whose source can't be traced to their origins.

There will be more military to monitor and enforce compliance.

Tomorrow the government will announce three categories of industries to take effect on Wednesday: 1. essential services that will stay open, 2. industries that will have reduced hours and reduced numbers of people working, 3 industries to be closed.

The rest of Victoria is being put under Stage 3 restrictions with the particular aim of keeping the virus out of aged care home. The regional ones are mostly state government facilities.

Thanks Brian

Good luck Tony and Phong and all those affected.

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Online fritzkep

• Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #9995 on: August 02, 2020, 08:36:52 AM »
Hey y'all, usual s h h h weather here. Called Earl this morning, I'll be glad when the phone in his room works so I don't have to go through the nurse. They're friendly, but I'd rather not disturb them from their duties.

Hey Nancy!

Hey Sara!

Rehi Eli!

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #9996 on: August 02, 2020, 08:50:11 AM »
Good morning Diners!

;D

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #9997 on: August 02, 2020, 08:53:11 AM »
It has just been announced that the state of Victoria in Australia has been  declared a state of emergency. The restrictions in Melbourne for the next 6 weeks are similar, probably a bit more strict, to what New Zealand imposed for 5 weeks from March 25. I always believed that Australia (and many other countries around the world) should have done the same but no, they were afraid of doing too much damage to the economy. We are now reaping the benefits with everything open and, except for tourism, signs of recovery.  The government is pouring money into schemes to help. However, I never want to rejoice too much as Covid is very sneaky. Stay safe Tony and Phong.

I agree with you, a more decisive response was needed in so many places, and that just didn't happen.

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #9998 on: August 02, 2020, 08:55:56 AM »
A State of Disaster goes into effect in Melbourne from 6pm tonight. We'll be under curfew from 8pm till 5am for 6 weeks from tonight. We can only go as far as 5 km from home. Only 1 person per household can go shopping for essentials only once a day. Wean only go out to exercise near home for 1 hour only once a day. We can't visit anyone except for urgent care.

School students will study from home.

The aim is to reduce the number of people moving around because there are so many infections whose source can't be traced to their origins.

There will be more military to monitor and enforce compliance.

Tomorrow the government will announce three categories of industries to take effect on Wednesday: 1. essential services that will stay open, 2. industries that will have reduced hours and reduced numbers of people working, 3 industries to be closed.

The rest of Victoria is being put under Stage 3 restrictions with the particular aim of keeping the virus out of aged care home. The regional ones are mostly state government facilities.

Thanks Brian

People are talking about things being back to 'normal'.  From what I've heard,  we won't be back to normal until November of 2021.

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #9999 on: August 02, 2020, 09:02:25 AM »

Emmett:   "Mom, whatcha doing, mom?   Why ya watchin' me, Mom?"   :laugh:

Online fritzkep

• Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #10000 on: August 02, 2020, 09:03:53 AM »
Hey Chuck!

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #10001 on: August 02, 2020, 09:06:32 AM »
finally caught up here!

*waves to Nancy, Tony, Brian, Fritzie, Sara, and Elisa*

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #10002 on: August 02, 2020, 09:06:58 AM »

Online dejavu

• may the snowy egret live
  • Obsessed
« Reply #10003 on: August 02, 2020, 09:27:25 AM »
Hey y'all, usual s h h h weather here. Called Earl this morning, I'll be glad when the phone in his room works so I don't have to go through the nurse. They're friendly, but I'd rather not disturb them from their duties.

Good morning, Fritz.  Yes, I know what you mean, sometimes I had to call the nurses' station to get to my mom.

Not planning to go outside today at all, if I can help it.  It will start to get cooler soon, let's hope for that.

I've been up for a long time and wrote a long email to my brother, letting him know that (and why not) I won't be able to travel to his wedding.  Of course, I'll send the reply to the formal invitation also, in a few days, but this was to "let him know easy."  He'd been so hoping my sister and I could both attend, but that was before COVID, and I just think it's too risky now.

With that out of the way, now may be able to get a little more sleep, before the rest of the day begins.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Online dejavu

• may the snowy egret live
  • Obsessed
« Reply #10004 on: August 02, 2020, 09:27:56 AM »
Good morning Diners!

;D

Good morning, Chuck.   ;D
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?