The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: The Diner - Volume 43  (Read 56803 times)

Online fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
Re: The Diner - Volume 43
« Reply #10005 on: August 02, 2020, 09:29:28 AM »
Hey Debbie!

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline Sara B

• Obsessed
« Reply #10006 on: August 02, 2020, 09:42:37 AM »
Hi everyone. I’m just off for a swim, though it’s a bit cloudy.

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #10007 on: August 02, 2020, 09:58:57 AM »
time tp go do laundry....be back later

Online fritzkep

• Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #10008 on: August 02, 2020, 10:26:23 AM »
Here's tonight's BB schedule, Debbie:

7:00 p.m. Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar
“The Buffalo Matter” (Original air date October 4, 1959. CBS network) (Running time 20:29)

7:20 p.m. Superman
(Original air date February 26, 1940. WOR station) (Running time 12:39)

7:30 p.m.  Fibber McGee and Molly
(Original air date March 5, 1940. NBC network.) (Running time 29:36)

8:00 p.m. Gunsmoke
“Gun Smuggler” (Original air date January 30, 1954. CBS network.) (Running time 24:23)

8:30 p.m.  Dragnet
“The Big Watch” (Original air date May 25, 1954. NBC network.)(Running time 26:07)

9:00 p.m. The Six-Shooter
(Original air date June 3, 1954. NBC network.) (Running time 28:09)

9:30 p.m. Bold Venture
“The High Price of Treason” (Original air date June 25, 1951. Ziv syndication.) (Running time 26:44)

10:00 p.m. The Whistler
“Safety in Numbers”(Original air date February 10, 1947. NBC network.) (Running time 29:31)

10:30 p.m. The Cavalcade of America
“No Doll Was Abigail” (Original air date April 24, 1951. NBC network.) (Running time 26:39)

Bold Venture is a radio series with Bogart and Bacall, located in Havana and capitalizing on the popularity of Key Largo.

This is supposed to be the first use of the closet in Fibber McGee and Molly. That was a running joke in our family, since we had a closet much like that. And my older sister would frequently use the catchphrase "'Tain't funny, McGee!"

Offline Sara B

• Obsessed
« Reply #10009 on: August 02, 2020, 11:02:12 AM »
It got dark and started to rain, so I hastily changed my mind about the swim!

Online killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #10010 on: August 02, 2020, 11:32:19 AM »

Ok, but is that Earl's fault, or the facility's fault.  I've often heard about patients waiting for help to get out of bed, and nurses or aides don't come right away.  If it's a need to go to the bathroom or something, sometimes you can't wait.

The reason why I went to the rehab hospital after my knee surgery was to get help transitioning from the hospital to home. From day one I never got help on time going to the restroom or taking a shower. I was told they only help with showers ONCE A WEEK.  So I had to do it all myself. I complained, talked to the head of nursing and tried to get a a hold of the administrator, to no avail. So after the first day, I told them I wanted to go home. So of course they get their money if a patient stays longer. Things did not get any better. If I had to make it to the bathroom on my own and take a shower by myself, I could do that at home. It was terrible and the food was almost inedible. I went home in a week.
Nature has cunning ways of finding our weakest spot.
Call Me By Your Name

Online killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #10011 on: August 02, 2020, 11:37:18 AM »
Hi Linda

It looks like we are all in for a long haul.

Yes, Tony, I have come to this conclusion, and am trying to adapt to it and make myself content, (or not fighting it quite so much, as all it does is make me frustrated and angry), that this is the way it is and accept it for the long term.
Call Me By Your Name

Online killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #10012 on: August 02, 2020, 11:46:29 AM »
At first I thought Emmett loved Buddy, but over the years I've realized he just wants to torment him.  When Buddy sleeps on the floor near the bed, Emmett lays down right next to him...to intimidate him, I think.  He does it all the time, just to be a noodge...

Don't you just love the dynamics of the pets in our homes? Before kids I had a huge orange and white long haired neutered male cat named Fizz. I also had a Chihuahua/terrier mix named Moose. Also a neutered male. They were the best of buds, played and got after each other all the time. The problem was that Moose tried to hump Fizz ALL THE TIME! And Fizz let him. I tried to explain to them that they had 2 strikes against them, to no avail. I finally just let them be.  :o  :-X  :laugh:
Call Me By Your Name

Online killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #10013 on: August 02, 2020, 11:51:22 AM »
Hey y'all, usual s h h h weather here. Called Earl this morning, I'll be glad when the phone in his room works so I don't have to go through the nurse. They're friendly, but I'd rather not disturb them from their duties.

Hey Nancy!

Hey Sara!

Rehi Eli!

Hey Fritz. :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*
We got a late shower yesterday evening that soaked everything, but going to be hot again today, with about 25% humidity.  The chances or rain and showers have gone down again, so just hot to deal with.
Call Me By Your Name

Online killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #10014 on: August 02, 2020, 11:52:11 AM »
Good morning Diners!

;D

Hiya Chuck. I hope your Sunday is going well.
Call Me By Your Name

Online fritzkep

• Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #10015 on: August 02, 2020, 11:52:42 AM »
The reason why I went to the rehab hospital after my knee surgery was to get help transitioning from the hospital to home. From day one I never got help on time going to the restroom or taking a shower. I was told they only help with showers ONCE A WEEK.  So I had to do it all myself. I complained, talked to the head of nursing and tried to get a a hold of the administrator, to no avail. So after the first day, I told them I wanted to go home. So of course they get their money if a patient stays longer. Things did not get any better. If I had to make it to the bathroom on my own and take a shower by myself, I could do that at home. It was terrible and the food was almost inedible. I went home in a week.

Hey Linda!  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*

Earl finds the food quite good, and he hasn't said anything about the staff being unhelpful, but he finds some of the people bossy. Could be when they're trying to make him do some therapy exercises that he doesn't want to do, hard to tell.

Online killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #10016 on: August 02, 2020, 11:53:45 AM »

Emmett:   "Mom, whatcha doing, mom?   Why ya watchin' me, Mom?"   :laugh:

That's exactly what it looks like he is saying!! ;D
Mr. Innocent!! :laugh:
Call Me By Your Name

Online killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #10017 on: August 02, 2020, 11:55:50 AM »
It got dark and started to rain, so I hastily changed my mind about the swim!

I was just going to wish you had a good swim, but looks like it wasn't to be. I'm glad it started before you got out.
Call Me By Your Name

Online killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #10018 on: August 02, 2020, 11:57:59 AM »
Hey Linda!  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*

Earl finds the food quite good, and he hasn't said anything about the staff being unhelpful, but he finds some of the people bossy. Could be when they're trying to make him do some therapy exercises that he doesn't want to do, hard to tell.

Yes, I'm sure there are better places here, but I'll elect to come directly home from the hospital after the next one.
Call Me By Your Name

Online dejavu

• may the snowy egret live
  • Obsessed
« Reply #10019 on: August 02, 2020, 12:07:17 PM »

Good afternoon, Linda.  That seems usual, the once-weekly shower in the rehab center.  It's how they did it for my mother, and she couldn't do a shower by herself, or at home either, so she didn't mind the once-weely routine.  She was used to that anyway, and hated having to get showers.

It does seem that timely help in going to the restroom should be expected, though, but I guess there are so many patients or "residents" there that the demands get hard for the CNA's to meet.  Again, my mom was in a different situation because she always wore Depends, so "timely" wasn't an issue in the same way.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?