The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: The Diner - Volume 44  (Read 3614 times)

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
Re: The Diner - Volume 44
« Reply #600 on: September 15, 2020, 08:13:34 PM »
Hiya Chuck. I never made it to catch up, but just finished it up now, almost 4 hours later. I think I fell asleep, and then it was supper time.

Better late than never, darlin'!  :-*

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #601 on: September 15, 2020, 08:16:12 PM »
Hey Linda!  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*

Got back from the party a while ago, our friend in Ohio called while I was over there so I called him back, and he was feeling chatty.

It was very nice, delicious food, and cool enough to be comfortable sitting around an outdoor firepit.

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schŲn..."

Offline dejavu

• may the snowy egret live
  • Obsessed
« Reply #602 on: September 15, 2020, 08:17:33 PM »
Hi, Linda.  Good to see you tonight.

I guess Fritz is still at the birthday party.  Hope they are all having a good time.

I think I'll start getting ready for bed, so good night, Chuck and Linda.  Good night, Fritz, when you get here.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #603 on: September 15, 2020, 08:18:18 PM »
G'nite Debbie!

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schŲn..."

Offline dejavu

• may the snowy egret live
  • Obsessed
« Reply #604 on: September 15, 2020, 08:21:33 PM »
G'nite Debbie!

Oh, there you are, Fritz.  I hope you enjoyed the birthday party.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #605 on: September 15, 2020, 08:22:51 PM »
Got back from the party a while ago, our friend in Ohio called while I was over there so I called him back, and he was feeling chatty.

It was very nice, delicious food, and cool enough to be comfortable sitting around an outdoor firepit.

Sounds like it was a good evening, Fritzie!  I enjoy sitting by a firepit at night.  :)

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #606 on: September 15, 2020, 08:23:19 PM »
I think I'll start getting ready for bed, so good night, Chuck and Linda.  Good night, Fritz, when you get here.

Sleep well, Debs!  See you tomorrow.

Offline tfferg

• Obsessed
« Reply #607 on: September 15, 2020, 08:27:31 PM »
Tony, how is Phong doing today?

He's OK, thanks. The noise of the carpenters banging away next door probably woke him before he would've liked, but he doesn't go to bed earlier to make up for it. He was up when I got back from the market.

He keeps himself quite busy. Yesterday he worked in the garden, mixed up a bucketloads tof mortar to cement some rocks lining a garden bed together and some paving blocks on the steps down to the carport. He called me to hold the ladder while he cleaned sludge out of the roof gutters on one side of the house.

I did a load of laundry first thing this morning. Phong did a load of towels and made our breakfast. Now he's chatting on the phone with Not in the village.

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #608 on: September 15, 2020, 08:34:10 PM »
He's OK, thanks. The noise of the carpenters banging away next door probably woke him before he would've liked, but he doesn't go to bed earlier to make up for it. He was up when I got back from the market.

He keeps himself quite busy. Yesterday he worked in the garden, mixed up a bucketloads tof mortar to cement some rocks lining a garden bed together and some paving blocks on the steps down to the carport. He called me to hold the ladder while he cleaned sludge out of the roof gutters on one side of the house.

I did a load of laundry first thing this morning. Phong did a load of towels and made our breakfast. Now he's chatting on the phone with Not in the village.

I can be that way too.  Something will wake me up earlier, and then I won't go to bed any earlier that day, so I'm still feeling tired for a while.  It's only when I make the effort to go to bed earlier that I feel like I've shaken that tired feeling.

Phong sounds like my dad.  He is always looking for things to be done around the house, especially since he's not been working due to Covid.  I manage to do laundry just once a week, on Sundays.  Mom does it a little more frequently, and now that summer is coming to an end, she'll be using the dryer more.  She likes to hang her wet clothes outside to dry, and let them have that fresh air smell and feel.

I hope Phong's family is doing well.

Offline Elisiv05

• Obsessed
  • "Per sidera iuro."
« Reply #609 on: September 16, 2020, 04:50:50 AM »
Are you enjoying writing in English?
Well, it has helped me get over my writer's block since I don't expect as much of myself in English as in my first language. Fiction writing takes time though, it's all about nuances and English has so many synonyms. When I need an extra pair of eyes, I pm people in here and so far, the Diners have been very helpful. That is, I owe some people in here dinner if we have the chance to meet on a gathering. :)
You know somebody name a Jack?

Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end.

For you know that the hypnotized never lie.

Offline Elisiv05

• Obsessed
  • "Per sidera iuro."
« Reply #610 on: September 16, 2020, 04:59:55 AM »
Hey Linda!  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*

That sounds really nice. I miss parties... But we had a nice AW a couple of weeks ago. It was possible to sit on the restaurant's terrace with blankets.

Online Sara B

• Obsessed
« Reply #611 on: September 16, 2020, 06:16:08 AM »
Good morning/afternoon/evening, diners!

Another beautiful day here - Iíll swim with my sister later.

My empty diary is filling up! Next week I have 3 meetings with friends for tea/coffee, helping in the charity shop, sanitising the church, Tai Chi (I hope), choir practice and a CT scan. Life seems, in this quiet part of the world, almost normal, even if itís only temporary.

Offline Gazapete

• Lost in Translation
  • Obsessed
« Reply #612 on: September 16, 2020, 06:34:44 AM »
Good day you all! High Summer temperatures here. Today little guy was sent home from school because he has a sore throat, oh well, we are starting to worry about him knowing the "bad" symptoms a bit too well. He looks alright, let's see what he says tomorrow.

Offline Elisiv05

• Obsessed
  • "Per sidera iuro."
« Reply #613 on: September 16, 2020, 06:49:53 AM »
Good day you all! High Summer temperatures here. Today little guy was sent home from school because he has a sore throat, oh well, we are starting to worry about him knowing the "bad" symptoms a bit too well. He looks alright, let's see what he says tomorrow.

Hi there,

Let's hope it's nothing. T had a really bad cold the other week, now he's fine and this is the season for ordinary colds among youngsters too. But I know the feeling.

Offline Elisiv05

• Obsessed
  • "Per sidera iuro."
« Reply #614 on: September 16, 2020, 06:54:56 AM »
Good morning/afternoon/evening, diners!

Another beautiful day here - Iíll swim with my sister later.

My empty diary is filling up! Next week I have 3 meetings with friends for tea/coffee, helping in the charity shop, sanitising the church, Tai Chi (I hope), choir practice and a CT scan. Life seems, in this quiet part of the world, almost normal, even if itís only temporary.
That sounds very normal, indeed. T:s youth choir starts tomorrow, he's in fact a bit disappointed since he thought he'd have more gaming time for the whole semester... :) But I don't believe choirs for grown ups will start any time soon. And we're still recommended to work from home as many days as possible the year out.