The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: The Diner - Volume 45  (Read 33054 times)

Online killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
Re: The Diner - Volume 45
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2020, 05:01:47 PM »
Im glad you've got some heaters of your own. I hate cold.

Yes, I dislike the cold immensely as well, Tony. My knees just hurt so badly in the cold, even the fixed one.

Offline Flyboy

• A gentle word will calm the wrath...
  • Obsessed
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2020, 05:07:45 PM »
I did get my long-ass walk in this afternoon! Even though the temps were right at the mark I sometimes won't go out for a long walk in, just at 40 F, but little wind, so it was ok. Any more wind and the Wind Chill would be very discouraging for walkers!! After that 'refreshing' time, I FINALLY settled in to watch The Girl on the Train. My, certainly not a film for everyone, but it held my attention. If a film can hold my attention I figure it's fairly decent, regardless of the theme/storyline or cast.

Now for some dinner...........what to cook? I'm leaning towards spaghetti, my own recipe, of course. But since it's so COLD outside, maybe some soup instead. I have Taco Soup in the freezer. Decisions, decisions!!  ;D

Offline Jenny

• Reads a lot
  • Obsessed
  • We're not obsessed, we're just intensely focused!
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2020, 05:08:11 PM »
And of course our Federal government is missing in action and for every state whose governor and legislature has pushed to equip healthcare folks with more PPE, to pass and enforce penalties for businesses that go over capacity and don't require patrons to wear masks and social distance, and to close the schools as needed, there seem to be two others whose governor and/or legislature are all for keeping things open, refuse to mandate masks and don't wear them themselves, and fail to make their businesses comply with COVID protocols. >:(
Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love – time is eternity.

A friend is what the heart needs all the time.

Henry van Dyke

Offline Jenny

• Reads a lot
  • Obsessed
  • We're not obsessed, we're just intensely focused!
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2020, 05:12:59 PM »
Hello, Tony! :) Hope all is well with you.
Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love – time is eternity.

A friend is what the heart needs all the time.

Henry van Dyke

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2020, 05:47:05 PM »
Good evening Jenny!

:)

On a lark, I decided to load all the Christmas movies I've watched since Nov. 28th into an Excel sheet.   I'm up to 44.  LOL

Offline dejavu

• may the snowy egret live
  • Obsessed
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2020, 06:54:21 PM »
Hope their statement is stern and effective.

https://www.joemygod.com/2020/12/breaking-supreme-court-rejects-texas-ags-suit/

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/11/us/politics/supreme-court-election-texas.html/

I was just hearing about this on CNN, Fritz.  It sounds definitive, sure hope it's the end of that nonsense.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline dejavu

• may the snowy egret live
  • Obsessed
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2020, 06:58:44 PM »
Good evening Jenny!

:)

On a lark, I decided to load all the Christmas movies I've watched since Nov. 28th into an Excel sheet.   I'm up to 44.  LOL

Wow!

Aren't you working?   

*runs from Chuck*

:laugh:
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Online fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2020, 07:01:52 PM »
"Uncle Carl Came Out on Christmas"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVIyJ_Psa3E&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR104XuHiQanxJ8c8vwmcQkx0O7g2u0OJkjI_YTyrFB-5dtTL1mojgm40FY

Someone on the Notre Dame Gay Alumni Site just posted this.

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Online fritzkep

• Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2020, 07:02:21 PM »
I was just hearing about this on CNN, Fritz.  It sounds definitive, sure hope it's the end of that nonsense.

I'm sure T will tell the base he's appealing to a higher court.

Offline tfferg

• Obsessed
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2020, 07:13:01 PM »
Hello Jenny

I've just come back from a suspenseful auction of a very beautiful house three blocks up the hill. It's a 1925 weatherboard house with a terra cotta tile roof originally owned by the family of a tram conductor who owned the block next door too. There is a lychgate covered by wisteria at the corner of a beautifully detailed wooden fence under a liquidambar tree with two conifers in the front garden, one of them encircled by an iron seat. There' s also wooden hanging seat and an old-fashioned triple lamp post. The house is on a corner block of 700 square metres. There's a beautiful original tiled pathway curving round to a similarly tiled verandah.

The house has four spacious bedrooms, three of them under a gable roof together with a study and a bathroom all of them with wonderful views for kilometres.The master bedroom has a separate small wardrobe room. Downstairs, there is a formal lounge room adjoining a dining room with bay windows, a bathroom, laundry, modern kitchen and meals area and living room and a back verandah. The main rooms have high ceilings and  the original fireplaces though the house now has ducted heating and cooling. There are good timber floors and a fine though narrow wooden staircase.

At the back there is a spacious paved courtyard with a fountain with putti topped by a cherub with a dolphin and a gazebo for entertaining, another bathroom, and a stables-style triple garage. An external  staircase leads up to a long loft which is currently set up for a professional photographer's studio.

All the main rooms have extraordinarily beautiful cornices and leadlight panes in the doors.

Everything looks well maintained. The vendors have lived there for 20 years.

I really hope the buyer isn't a developer.

The auctioneer started the bidding at $1.6 million. Two people competed for it.  It was sold for  $1,837,500.

On my way home, I passed the house behind ours which was passed in at the auction a week ago. It looked like an interested  party was inspecting it.

Offline tfferg

• Obsessed
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2020, 07:27:28 PM »

Online killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2020, 07:36:51 PM »
"Uncle Carl Came Out on Christmas"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVIyJ_Psa3E&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR104XuHiQanxJ8c8vwmcQkx0O7g2u0OJkjI_YTyrFB-5dtTL1mojgm40FY

Someone on the Notre Dame Gay Alumni Site just posted this.

A really good song, Fritz. There is some hope, I guess.

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2020, 07:36:55 PM »
Wow!

Aren't you working?   

*runs from Chuck*

:laugh:

Online killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2020, 07:40:59 PM »
Hiya Chuck. I talked to Joe tonight for about an hour, and  yes it was him and not Ernie!! :laugh:

Online fritzkep

• Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2020, 07:54:19 PM »
A fun line in the song:

Mom and grandma got up next and cleared the plates without a sound
And us remaining, we said ‘We love y’all both and dad will come around’
One by one we filled the TV room spilling out into the hall
The Cowboys lost, of course, which didn’t help at all…

https://therandyreport.com/my-favorite-thing-today-uncle-carl-came-out-on-christmas/