The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: The Diner - Volume 45  (Read 33014 times)

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
Re: The Diner - Volume 45
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2020, 06:27:58 AM »
Good morning/afternoon! Cosy Christmas baking. I haven' t been baking  since forever, but today I'll make saffron bread for tomorrow's Lucia celebration ( since we have a habit of celebrating that Sicilian saint  here in the world's most secular country).

Good baking to you, Elisa!

We've definitely cut back the amount of cookies we are making this year.   We usually make a ton of cookies, and mom and I both pack some up and take them to our jobs to share.

Since neither one of us are going to offices this year, there's no reason for us to have so many.

Offline Elisiv05

• Obsessed
  • "Per sidera iuro."
« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2020, 07:18:42 AM »
Good baking to you, Elisa!

We've definitely cut back the amount of cookies we are making this year.   We usually make a ton of cookies, and mom and I both pack some up and take them to our jobs to share.

Since neither one of us are going to offices this year, there's no reason for us to have so many.
Yes, it feels like it will be low key- Christmas this year in many ways. I' m just grateful if our mums show up. My mum is terrified of ending up in hospital. I tell her  she can sit at a table of her own. We'll see about it but two widows alone in their apartments on Christmas doesn't feel right. :(
You know somebody name a Jack?

What If your Strangeness Is Actually Your Brilliance?

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2020, 07:26:25 AM »
Yes, it feels like it will be low key- Christmas this year in many ways. I' m just grateful if our mums show up. My mum is terrified of ending up in hospital. I tell her  she can sit at a table of her own. We'll see about it but two widows alone in their apartments on Christmas doesn't feel right. :(

I can understand how you're feeling.  You're right, it doesn't feel right.

How would she get to your place?  Would it be public transport, or does she have a private way to get there?

Offline dejavu

• may the snowy egret live
  • Obsessed
« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2020, 07:27:14 AM »
Good morning Diners!

:)

Up early on this Saturday, to prep for cookie baking.

Good morning, Chuck.  Very happy cookie baking to you!   ;D
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline dejavu

• Obsessed
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2020, 07:31:01 AM »

(((Elisa and her mum)))

Better safe than sick, but I wish you some sort of sharing of the Christmas spirit, as much as you are able.  It's sad having to be apart so much this year.
Jack's from Texas.

Offline dejavu

• Obsessed
« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2020, 07:34:55 AM »
Had planned to sleep late today, but woke up too early and got up before 5AM.  Then just when I was headed back to bed (around 7AM) a pickup arrived and parked in front of my house, and set up some electric drilling project in the driveway next door. 

Have been sleeping through the noise as much as possible. Now there's another car parked halfway in front of my mailbox, and halfway in front of the part of my driveway where my car is.  Not that I plan to take my car out today, anyway.  Would still like to get some more sleep, later.
Jack's from Texas.

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2020, 07:40:56 AM »
Hello Debs!

Offline dejavu

• Obsessed
« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2020, 07:43:01 AM »
Oh, Chuck, you would be interested in today's Daily Challenge in the online games.

It's the crossword puzzle game.  But to win the challenge, you don't have to solve the whole puzzle.  The puzzles come with stars in four of the square (randomly scattered), and if you fill in the correct letter in two or those four squares, that's enough to win this particular challenge.

I saw this at 5AM but my brain wasn't working at that hour, enough to do a crossword, but I'll give it a try now.
Jack's from Texas.

Offline dejavu

• Obsessed
« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2020, 08:08:09 AM »
Won the challenge, and finally solved the whole crossword, but that's it for crosswords for today.

Right now I'm looking for hidden objects at haunted sites in Ireland....a castle, to be specific.  It's so green there!
Jack's from Texas.

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2020, 08:19:57 AM »
Fritz, I had gone looking for WLAguy/Joe Denney on FB yesterday and found that his account had been disabled. It started me worrying, so I sent a message to his husband Ernie. Joe wrote back and tonight we spoke on the phone for about an hour. He's dealing with a badly detached retina that he had to have surgery on. It's going to take about 6 months for recovery from it.  He received it when he and Ernie were wrestling around on the kitchen. I told him he should know better. ;) :D

I told him about Earl and he and Ernie send their condolences. He said to tell all those he knows hello.

Oh, thank you for letting me know, and them know. Yes, I remember Joe very well. Glad to hear that he's recovering.

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline fritzkep

• Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2020, 08:21:55 AM »
Hey y'all, cloudy here, relatively mild for December. No precip today probably. No complaint!

Happy Guadalupe Day!

Nancy's birthday is today, after I get back from church this evening we'll gather on Louise's porch over chili and celebrate a little, should be nice.

Offline fritzkep

• Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2020, 08:25:06 AM »
Hey Debbie!

Hej Eli!

Hey Chuck!

Offline Elisiv05

• Obsessed
  • "Per sidera iuro."
« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2020, 08:35:13 AM »
(((Elisa and her mum)))

Better safe than sick, but I wish you some sort of sharing of the Christmas spirit, as much as you are able.  It's sad having to be apart so much this year.
Hugs back to you, Debbie!

Offline Elisiv05

• Obsessed
  • "Per sidera iuro."
« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2020, 08:38:53 AM »
I can understand how you're feeling.  You're right, it doesn't feel right.

How would she get to your place?  Would it be public transport, or does she have a private way to get there?
Well, I might be on thin ice language wise, but if there is something in English called patient transportation, then she has ordered that.  :)

Offline Elisiv05

• Obsessed
  • "Per sidera iuro."
« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2020, 08:39:48 AM »
Hey Debbie!

Hej Eli!

Hey Chuck!
Hej Fritz