The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: The Daily Sheet - January to March 2021  (Read 45 times)

Online CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
The Daily Sheet - January to March 2021
« on: January 11, 2021, 05:23:28 PM »

Tuesday, January 12th, 2021

The Forum & SSL - Secure Socket Layer

Hello UBF members.  When the forum had a recent update, our server began using SSL - Secure Socket Layer.  SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is the standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. This link ensures that all data passed between the web server and browsers remain private and integral. SSL is an industry standard and is used by millions of websites in the protection of their online transactions with their customers.

It is easy to tell if a site you are using is on SSL.  A site without SSL will have an address that starts with http://.  A site that uses SSL will start with https://.

Why are we telling you this?  Because if you are posting pictures here, and the address you use doesn't have the "s" in it, the image will not show.  Anytime you post an image, you should make sure that it starts with https://

Final Scene of A Teacher

The finale of FX on Hulu’s provocative limited series “A Teacher” begins 10 years after the penultimate episode, in which it became clear that both Eric (Nick Robinson) and Claire (Kate Mara) were broken in the aftermath of their illegal sexual relationship, when Eric was Claire’s student. During a conversation for Variety‘s inaugural FYC Fest, the show’s creator, Hannah Fidell, Mara and Robinson discussed the finale, and its riveting final scene.

When the episode begins, Eric is a wilderness counselor for troubled young people, and Claire has a new husband, two kids and a Tesla. Coincidence has brought both Claire and Eric back to Austin, Texas — Eric for his high-school reunion, Claire for her father’s birthday — and they run into one another in a supermarket. “Who is that man?” Claire’s daughter asks as Nick rushes away. Not being able to find the words, Claire stumbles: “He’s an old friend.”

Showing the same destructive tendencies that led her to prey upon Eric in the first place, Claire texts him that night, and asks him to lunch. Their meeting is the last scene in the series.

After some awkward smalltalk, Eric tells a shocked Claire, “Our relationship fucking destroyed me.”

Mara said Claire is still “in denial” about what she did, even though it had landed her in prison. After all these years, she is still convinced it was consensual. So when Eric tells her how their relationship affected his life, Mara said, “It’s devastating and eye opening.”

Final Scene of A Teacher

Trump and LGBT Protections

With less than two weeks left in office, the administration of US President Donald Trump has finalized yet another rule rolling back nondiscrimination protections for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people seeking the services of health and welfare programs funded by the US Department of Health and Human Services.

Previously, a federal regulation expressly prohibited health and welfare programs receiving federal funding from discriminating on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity. But the administration’s new rule, first proposed in 2019, erases this language. It also deletes a requirement that recipients recognize the marriages of same-sex couples, replacing it with a generic statement that the US Department of Health and Human Services will respect Supreme Court decisions.

The previous regulation was used to ensure adoption and foster care agencies who receive federal support serve all qualified parents, including same-sex couples. Rolling back existing nondiscrimination protections will harm those families, as well as the many kids awaiting placement in loving and supportive homes.

In 2019, Human Rights Watch argued that these changes threatened children’s rights as well as families’ freedom from discrimination and right to health. We’ve previously documented how these types of changes can function as a license to discriminate, shutting LGBT people out of health and welfare services that should be open to all.

Trump and LGBT Protections

"Liberal Lesbian" Turns In Family

An 18-year-old teenager from Massachusetts shamed her 'brainwashed' mother on social media for storming the Capitol riot on Wednesday, January 6, 2021. Reportedly, she claimed that her mother lied to her and told her she was going to visit an out-of-town doctor.

Helena Duke, a self proclaimed "liberal lesbian", took the Internet by storm on January 7, 2021, after posting a series of tweets and a video of a woman, she claimed was her mother, getting punched in the face during the violent pro-Donald Trump protests in Washington, DC. She wrote the caption: “Hi mom remember the time you told me I shouldn’t go to BLM protests bc they could get violent…this you?”

In the footage shared by Duke, a White woman can be seen trying to grab a Black female officer's phone, before getting punched right between her eyes. Duke followed up the tweet with another post comparing a picture of the bloody-faced woman in the video with a picture of her mom, saying “for those that don’t believe it’s my mother…”

The first tweet posted by Duke got shared more than 70,000 times. Duke said she only learned that her mom was participating in the violent uprising after seeing a footage online.

“She didn’t give me any more information about it, she was very vague… When I found out about the Capitol being stormed, I looked at her location sharing and it had been off for two days, so I assumed in that moment, I was like, ‘Oh my gosh, she might actually be there,'” Duke told The Post. “And then the next day, my cousin shared a video of her getting punched in the face… by police after harassing them.”

"Liberal Lesbian" Turns In Family

Maddie Hasson - "I'm Bisexual and Proud"

Maddie Hasson, the star of shows like The Finder, Twisted, and Impulse has come out as bisexual on social media.

Hasson was answering fan questions on Instagram when she posted an Instagram story announcing who she is. She was participating in the “show me a photo” challenge where fans ask to see a picture of the person with a specific thing.

In one request, she was asked to show something with a gay/bi video and took advantage of the opportunity. The 26 year-old posted a picture of herself looking directly in the camera and said “hi, I’m bi and proud.”

Hasson married composer Julian Brink in 2015.

Hasson got her first big acting break in the short lived 2012 spin-off of Bones, The Finder. For the past two years she’s starred in the YouTube series Impulse as Henrietta “Henry” Coles, a teen girl who realizes she has the power to teleport.

Maddie Hasson - "I'm Bisexual and Proud"

A First For RuPaul's Drag Race

"RuPaul's Drag Race" is known for pushing the bedazzled envelope. Where else can you find 13 seasons of scintillating outfits, eyebrow-raising gossip and unapologetic self-love from drag queens? (The current one airs Fridays, 8 EST/PST on VH1).

But when it comes to representation, fans have long hoped for the series to do better, and pushed back against narrow-mindedness from host RuPaul Charles about who can compete on the show. One question has lingered for several seasons: Why aren't there more transgender queens?

The new season features the show's first transgender male contestant, Gottmik, whose "Drag Race" debut in the Jan. 1 opener included her lip-sync win against Utica Queen.

"It was the best feeling of my life hearing RuPaul say my name," Gottmik, 24, also a makeup artist, tells USA TODAY. (She prefers female pronouns for an interview.)

Gottmik is the first transgender male contestant on "RuPaul's Drag Race."  Michelle Visage, a longtime judge on the series, says "the inclusion of Gottmik is wonderful for trans men out there who might think that they don't have a place on the show; they do."

Gottmik has emotions about being a trailblazer. "One day I'm so excited. One day, I'm more just honored and shocked and I feel like this heavy responsibility, which makes me spiral into an, 'Oh,I do have this responsibility, I need to say the perfect things and be this certain image of what I think a trans role model is,'" she says.

A First For RuPaul's Drag Race

What Is Cupiosexuality?

Let’s talk about sex, baby. Let’s talk cupiosexuality!

Beaming as its own bright light on the dazzling asexual spectrum, cupiosexuality, a term recently explored by Cosmopolitan, describes an asexual person who still craves sex, despite feeling little to no sexual attraction to others.

Whereas self-identifying asexuals (aces or a-specs) feel little to no sexual attraction nor a desire for sexual relationships with others, cupiosexuals still want to knock boots. Experiencing any sort of sexual attraction to their fellow boot-knocker, though? Not so much.

Breaking it down even further, the prefix “cupio” literally means “a desire” or “longing for” — a fun fact you can etch onto a sticky note in your brain to help remember the distinction between cupiosexuality and asexuality.

Contrary to popular misunderstanding, identifying as asexual — or any of its many unique subsets — does not necessarily limit a person to a life of celibacy or abstinence.

In fact, sexologist Tanya M. Bass, Ph.D. told Cosmo that cupiosexuals can be characterized as an asexual person that, “…simply does not feel sexual attraction, but may have sex for a host of reasons, including the physical pleasure of sex or the pleasure of their partner(s).”

What Is Cupiosexuality?

LGBTQ Advocates Want Trump Out

Despite the unrest that occurred on Wednesday afternoon after right-wing protesters overran the U.S. Capitol Building, congressional lawmakers ultimately certified the results of the 2020 election, setting the stage for President-elect Joe Biden to be sworn in on January 20. But the demonstration that sparked the riot, originally conceived as an opportunity for right-leaning Americans to protest on President Donald Trump’s behalf, came at a political cost to the commander-in-chief, resulting in calls for his removal from office.

Following several rallies designed to protest what Trump supporters believe were fraudulent votes cast during the 2020 election, thousands of demonstrators marched to the grounds of the U.S. Capitol and proceeded to push their way into the building. Throngs of people toppled largely unguarded barricades, clashed with Capitol Police officers, and entered the Capitol building. Once inside, they invaded members’ offices, posing for pictures, rifling through files, even absconding with trophies ranging from the speaker’s podium to stationery with Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s seal on it.

Capitol Police attempted to secure the building, and began evacuating high-level members while other lawmakers took refuge inside various offices throughout the Capitol complex. The disruption halted the debate over the certification of the election results in both chambers, delaying what should have been a routine procedural vote.

In the midst of the insurrection, a woman was shot in the throat by a police officer. A spokesperson for D.C. Fire and Emergency Medical Services said there had been “multiple injuries,” with the woman — later identified as Ashli Babbit, an Air Force veteran from San Diego — dying. By the end of the day three others — two men and a woman — had also died after suffering “separate medical emergencies” near the U.S. Capitol grounds. At least 52 people were arrested during the course of securing the building, according to The Hill.

LGBTQ Advocates Want Trump Out

Your Laugh For The Day!

Contributors: CellarDweller115

The Daily Sheet is a production of The Ultimate Brokeback Forum at http://www.ultimatebrokebackforum.com.

Today's edition by KillersMom, CellarDweller115

Editors emeritae: CactusGal, Marge_Innavera, tellyouwhat, Stilllearning, MissYouSoMuch, gnash

We count on you to send us your news items, questions, and nominations for posts of the day.
If you have items you’d like to see published, send them to CellarDweller115.

To subscribe to The Daily Sheet, click the “Notify” button at the top or bottom of the page.
When a new issue of TDS is posted, you will be notified by e-mail.

The Daily Sheet Archives
Respond to The Daily Sheet