The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: The Diner - Volume 46  (Read 54893 times)

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
Re: The Diner - Volume 46
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2021, 12:27:35 PM »
Referring to Fritz and fuel. It is risky to let your tank get too low, there is a danger that dirt from the bottom will be drawn up into the engine. My car beeps when it only has 80 km left and every time I restart it afterwards.  I get petrol ASAP then as I do not know how accurate it is.

Yeah, I know. I didn't want it to get so low, but it kinda snuck up on me. Then I didn't want to risk driving it to get fuel near here.

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Online CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2021, 01:07:51 PM »
I've had to adjust how I buy gas for the Santa Fe, because it has the start/stop technology.

With my Tracker, I would spend anywhere between $30.00 - $40.00 on gas each week, and it would be near empty when I would have to refill.   Because of the start/stop tech, the Santa Fe doesn't use that much gas, and I either fill up on my usual days with less money, or I let the car go into the next week and wait for it to go lower.

I nice benefit for the new car.  ;D

Offline ingmarnicebbmt

• THE MAKER MAKES
  • Obsessed
  • FOR HEAVEN's JAKE ! Jakeing off at Jakea.
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2021, 01:09:04 PM »
Mahlzeit!

Just finished my waffles.

1. Danke. We had Kohlrouladen, a favourite.

2. Were they good?
WISE UP

IngKräddiBöll & Ingmariposa & Ingelspringel & Ingicito & Ingalicious & IngWriter & Annbilivöbäll WORD WIZARD

sausage-on-a-roll-poster & charkuterimästare

And maybe, he thought, they'd never got much farther than that.

Offline ingmarnicebbmt

• THE MAKER MAKES
  • Obsessed
  • FOR HEAVEN's JAKE ! Jakeing off at Jakea.
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2021, 01:09:38 PM »
Ingli, from your post on FB a year ago.

Isn't that really frightening?

Nothing has changed.

:( >:(
WISE UP

IngKräddiBöll & Ingmariposa & Ingelspringel & Ingicito & Ingalicious & IngWriter & Annbilivöbäll WORD WIZARD

sausage-on-a-roll-poster & charkuterimästare

And maybe, he thought, they'd never got much farther than that.

Offline dejavu

• may the snowy egret live
  • Obsessed
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2021, 01:20:49 PM »
No, although over here, we're hearing how much better things will by July 4.  So says President Biden, anyway.  We'll see.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline brian

• Obsessed
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2021, 01:37:35 PM »
Strict measures to stop the virus are paying off for governments The Western Australia State Government probably had the strictest rules and border blockades of all the Australian States. The Labor Government has just been re-elected with possibly 52 or 53 seats out of 59. Unheard of, the opposition parties have been nearly wiped out. Similar to the Labour Government here in NZ late last year. Not that good but they are governing on their own for the first time this century.

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2021, 01:48:11 PM »

LOL  Like when you're a kid and anticipation keeps you up on Christmas Eve.  :laugh:

Yeah, pretty much. : D
"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward."
... Kierkegaard

Offline fritzkep

• Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2021, 01:49:48 PM »
1. Danke. We had Kohlrouladen, a favourite.

2. Were they good?

Delicious, with peanut butter and syrup!

Offline fritzkep

• Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2021, 01:50:52 PM »
Hey Linda!  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*

Offline fritzkep

• Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2021, 01:52:13 PM »
I've had to adjust how I buy gas for the Santa Fe, because it has the start/stop technology.

With my Tracker, I would spend anywhere between $30.00 - $40.00 on gas each week, and it would be near empty when I would have to refill.   Because of the start/stop tech, the Santa Fe doesn't use that much gas, and I either fill up on my usual days with less money, or I let the car go into the next week and wait for it to go lower.

I nice benefit for the new car.  ;D

That is nice. I'm hoping to get a hybrid as my next car, I think it does the same.

Offline brian

• Obsessed
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2021, 02:01:16 PM »
I sometimes have a peanut butter sandwich because I do not have anything else, no slices of meat and not willing to open a can of chicken or salmon. But I would never call it delicious, it is just better than nothing. I buy a 300 gram jar perhaps once a year.
I buy energy logs to feed the wild birds and bought a pack yesterday. They come in either peanut butter or berry flavour. I chose berry flavour and am sure the birds would like that more. ;D

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2021, 02:02:02 PM »
What we really need here is a sort of rebellion against it. In a positive, constructive way.

People are almost paralyzed, don't seem to develop any energy although so much is at stake. Economically and also psychologically.

And this is not good all the way around. I know here, that psychologically, people don't have a whole lot of hope, when not seeing an end in sight. I know for me, receiving even the first shot, has given me a lot more hope about there being a light at the end of the tunnel. When you don't have this, it is hard to take psychologically.
"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward."
... Kierkegaard

Offline brian

• Obsessed
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2021, 02:04:38 PM »
I am undecided about a new car. I like my 2009 Ford Fiesta and it is very economical. However a new Ford Fiesta is much more expensive than similar size cars, not sure why. I am thinking about an e-car or a hybrid. However I put my money that I would use into a  6 month term deposit last month so have put off any decision until August.

Offline brian

• Obsessed
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2021, 02:08:06 PM »
Charging stations are springing up everywhere. I would have no problem with my usual weekly travel but worry about long trips. I have been doing more of those in the past year due to Covid preventing me travelling overseas.

Online CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2021, 02:15:46 PM »
Charging stations are springing up everywhere. I would have no problem with my usual weekly travel but worry about long trips. I have been doing more of those in the past year due to Covid preventing me travelling overseas.

Other countries seem to have a better set up than the US for electric cars.   I know we have charging stations here, but I don't know how numerous they are.