The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: The Diner - Volume 46  (Read 54977 times)

Offline brian

• Obsessed
Re: The Diner - Volume 46
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2021, 02:53:41 PM »
I assume that the price has been rising since before the beginning of the year?
No they have been going down. I remember paying well over $2 per litre.

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2021, 02:55:28 PM »
Here they have been going up, and naturally the X's people have been blaming Biden.

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2021, 02:56:03 PM »
No, although over here, we're hearing how much better things will by July 4.  So says President Biden, anyway.  We'll see.

They won't be if the states that have set aside all protocols keep at it, or other states join them. We'll be back to square one despite the vaccine because of all the different variants out there that are infecting people now.
"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward."
... Kierkegaard

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2021, 02:56:18 PM »
Peter Norman who came 2nd in the race was told about it in advance and wore a human rights badge in solidarity.
He was not selected for the Munich Olympics and there is still argument as to whether it was due to his 'lack of' performance in the run up or prejudice against him .

I wouldn't surprise me at all if it was due to prejudice.  When one supports an unpopular stance, one pays a price, whether it's deserved or not.

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2021, 02:58:25 PM »
Hello Auntie!

I was talking to a friend who has had her first shot as well, and she said the exact same thing.   She has always been a very social person, and is missing having events in her backyard.  She is anxiously waiting for the day that the majority of her friends can say they have all had the two shots, and then she can hold an outdoor event.

The same here, Chuck.
"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward."
... Kierkegaard

Offline brian

• Obsessed
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2021, 02:59:08 PM »
In the last few weeks I have been cutting out my piece of toast and marmalade with coffee at the end of breakfast. It is my 2nd cup of coffee of the day, I use to have 4 per day. However I could not have a piece of toast (or croissant this morning) without  coffee. I assume Dr Pepper is a soda type drink.  I never drink those (well perhaps once or twice per summer if a very hot afternoon, I like Lemon,Lime & Bitters but none this past summer).

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2021, 03:00:26 PM »
Heading out after the news headlines, see y'all later!

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline brian

• Obsessed
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2021, 03:03:35 PM »
The whole country went back to Level 1 restrictions at noon on Friday (Auckland had been at Level 2) so the only restriction for us now is masks on public transport and using the Covid app when entering shops etc. . People here really only want the vaccine to enable us to travel overseas.

Offline brian

• Obsessed
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2021, 03:12:30 PM »
All we hear now is the Americas Cup. It started last Wednesday when Auckland was at level 2 and only allowed 100 people in a large venue and restrictions in cafe, bars etc so the outdoor screens were prohibited. Jacinda announced at 11.30am on Friday that restrictions would lift at Noon. That allowed big crowds for that afternoon's racing. Bigger yesterday.
On each of the 3 days Italy has won one race and NZ the other so they are 3 each now. it is first to reach 7 wins. If Team NZ loses there will be a National nervous breakdown but I am not interested. Apparently stronger winds today should favour NZ.
I was excited way back when Australia took it off USA for the first time in 100 years or so. I remember I missed my train and had to drive (80km) to work.
I was on the motorway when Australia won and every one was tooting their horns. 

Offline tfferg

• Obsessed
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2021, 03:20:34 PM »
Other countries seem to have a better set up than the US for electric cars.   I know we have charging stations here, but I don't know how numerous they are.

Hello Chuck and Brian

Australis is lagging very badly behind. Electric cars are all priced in the luxury range. There are apparently charging stations.

Offline tfferg

• Obsessed
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2021, 03:29:01 PM »
I wouldn't surprise me at all if it was due to prejudice.  When one supports an unpopular stance, one pays a price, whether it's deserved or not.

Many sport administrations seem to me to be generally authoritarian, patriarchal, sexist and racist.

Offline tfferg

• Obsessed
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2021, 03:32:06 PM »
Hello Linda, hello Fritz. hello Debbie

Offline tfferg

• Obsessed
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2021, 03:35:47 PM »
In Australia, it takes many years of peaceful protests and campaigning to achieve progress.

Offline ingmarnicebbmt

• THE MAKER MAKES
  • Obsessed
  • FOR HEAVEN's JAKE ! Jakeing off at Jakea.
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2021, 03:36:38 PM »

We finally watched Rupert Everett's THE HAPPY PRINCE about the final months in Oscar Wilde's life and really, really liked it a lot.
WISE UP

IngKräddiBöll & Ingmariposa & Ingelspringel & Ingicito & Ingalicious & IngWriter & Annbilivöbäll WORD WIZARD

sausage-on-a-roll-poster & charkuterimästare

And maybe, he thought, they'd never got much farther than that.

Offline ingmarnicebbmt

• THE MAKER MAKES
  • Obsessed
  • FOR HEAVEN's JAKE ! Jakeing off at Jakea.
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2021, 03:38:43 PM »
No, although over here, we're hearing how much better things will by July 4.  So says President Biden, anyway.  We'll see.

Yes, let's wait and see.
WISE UP

IngKräddiBöll & Ingmariposa & Ingelspringel & Ingicito & Ingalicious & IngWriter & Annbilivöbäll WORD WIZARD

sausage-on-a-roll-poster & charkuterimästare

And maybe, he thought, they'd never got much farther than that.