The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: The Diner - Volume 46  (Read 54904 times)

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
Re: The Diner - Volume 46
« Reply #8325 on: May 04, 2021, 09:28:55 PM »
G'nite Linda!

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline Jenny

• Reads a lot
  • Obsessed
  • We're not obsessed, we're just intensely focused!
« Reply #8326 on: May 04, 2021, 09:33:09 PM »
Hey Fritz! :) I'm glad Rocky called you back and that it looks like you will be able to sell the land to him. I'm sure that will be a load off your mind. In other exciting news I washed my hair today. :)

Tomorrow they're forecasting thunderstorms all morning and early afternoon, followed by "scattered thunderstorms" tapering off in the early evening. The next many days will be highs in the low 60s, except for Saturday, where they're currently predicting a high of 57/14. Mother's Day, the 9th, looks like it will be raining and cool. At least we don't live in the South or in Texas; rain, hail, and tornadoes are ripping through, and they've got flash flooding and power outages. States affected include parts of Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas. Hope your relatives there are not too badly affected. :(

Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love – time is eternity.

A friend is what the heart needs all the time.

Henry van Dyke

Offline fritzkep

• Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #8327 on: May 04, 2021, 09:46:07 PM »

Offline fritzkep

• Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #8328 on: May 04, 2021, 10:00:30 PM »
G'nite y'all!

Offline brian

• Obsessed
« Reply #8329 on: May 04, 2021, 10:13:07 PM »
I have just read that April was the 2nd driest on record for Dunedin and that the Otago Region has been declared a drought area so farmers can get asistance.

Online tfferg

• Obsessed
« Reply #8330 on: May 04, 2021, 10:50:22 PM »
Hopeful news, Fritz

Online tfferg

• Obsessed
« Reply #8331 on: May 04, 2021, 10:50:58 PM »
Hello Jenny

Online tfferg

• Obsessed
« Reply #8332 on: May 04, 2021, 11:20:35 PM »
Phong's shift doesn't start till 3 pm today. We planned to go to the market for fruit for breakfasts for the rest of the week and then have lunch at Phuong Nam before he went for the 1.30 pm train.

But we just got halfway up the hill when the car signalled a flat tyre. We pulled over to the kerb. I wasn't sure we could manage quickly ourselves, so I called the RACV and a patrol car arrived in about 15 minutes with a genial mechanic and an offsider I think he is training. There was a kerfuffle when the recycling truck came up the hill. There was a car parked opposite and the RACV was blocking bins set out to be emptied. The truck did aa tight u-ie into the side street. The RACV blokes changed the tyre efficiently.

I directed Phong to a tyre business just near where we were heading. They said they would call me back in about 90 minutes. By that time, it was after 1 pm. Phong wanted rice for lunch but said he couldn't wait for it to be cooked in time for him to catch his train. He decided to try the Old Fire Station Cafe which bwechad reached and we puzzled over what we could get quickly. He agreed to my suggestion of roasted vegetable panini.

We didn't have to wait too long and our coffees were served with them. Phong only ate half his and drank his coffee before leaving in plenty of time to get the 1.50 train which would get him to the city in time though less than he likes before he has to clock on.

I finished his second half panino, went to the market for the fruit and was my way to the public library to fill in the time waiting with a book when I got the call that the car was ready.

Phong was convinced that somebody had damaged the tyre overnight. He says he heard a noise and said we need to get security cameras and cut down the trees. The tyre man confirmed my opinion that we had probably run over a nail or a screw on the road somewhere. He said it had fallen out. I was relieved the repairs cost $40 rather than whatever a new tyre would cost.

I got home shortly after 2 pm and phoned Phong who now thinks that we will  need a new tyre within 6-12 months.

Fortunately it is a fine, sunny day.

Offline Sara B

• Obsessed
« Reply #8333 on: May 04, 2021, 11:56:31 PM »
*sings*

I don't think you're ready for this jelly
I don't think you're ready for this jelly
I don't think you're ready for this
'Cause my body too bootylicious for ya, babe

Is that an actual song? ;)

Offline Sara B

• Obsessed
« Reply #8334 on: Yesterday at 12:01:34 AM »
I have just read that April was the 2nd driest on record for Dunedin and that the Otago Region has been declared a drought area so farmers can get asistance.

The UK had the sunniest April on record. It was also the coldest since 1922, and extremely dry.

Offline ingmarnicebbmt

• THE MAKER MAKES
  • Obsessed
  • FOR HEAVEN's JAKE ! Jakeing off at Jakea.
« Reply #8335 on: Yesterday at 01:32:26 AM »

Bonjour!

At least it's dry, so far. But no "sign" of May.
WISE UP

IngKräddiBöll & Ingmariposa & Ingelspringel & Ingicito & Ingalicious & IngWriter & Annbilivöbäll WORD WIZARD

sausage-on-a-roll-poster & charkuterimästare

And maybe, he thought, they'd never got much farther than that.

Offline ingmarnicebbmt

• THE MAKER MAKES
  • Obsessed
« Reply #8336 on: Yesterday at 01:33:32 AM »
I can no longer get up and down in the bathtub to take a tub bath because of my knees. It's a good thing I have almost always taken showers, although I miss the occasional tub bath. I would love to be able to have a better accessible tub/shower, but since this is not my house, it's not going to happen.

Too bad. I'm sorry to hear this.

(((Lindalita)))
WISE UP

IngKräddiBöll & Ingmariposa & Ingelspringel & Ingicito & Ingalicious & IngWriter & Annbilivöbäll WORD WIZARD

Offline ingmarnicebbmt

• THE MAKER MAKES
  • Obsessed
« Reply #8337 on: Yesterday at 01:34:17 AM »

We all missed page 555, it seems.   8)
WISE UP

Offline ingmarnicebbmt

• THE MAKER MAKES
  • Obsessed
« Reply #8338 on: Yesterday at 01:34:57 AM »
Hey Fritz! :) I'm glad Rocky called you back and that it looks like you will be able to sell the land to him. I'm sure that will be a load off your mind.

^^^^^^

What Jenny said.

Geaux Fritzchen!
WISE UP

Offline ingmarnicebbmt

• THE MAKER MAKES
  • Obsessed
« Reply #8339 on: Yesterday at 01:35:31 AM »
I'm sure that will be a load off your mind. In other exciting news I washed my hair today. :)

I'm in eggstacy, chère amie.

:) :) :)
WISE UP