The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: 1,000+ Posts Club  (Read 473450 times)

Offline Pug

• Jack n Ennis 4 Ever
  • Obsessed
Re: 1,000+ Posts Club
« Reply #555 on: March 31, 2006, 07:03:55 AM »
Personally, I'm just holding off until tuesday and then I'm going to drive to Target and BUY my copy.  lol.

But that's a cute little website for the theater.  I hope it comes to our Cinema Grill - it only seats about 25 people, tickets are like $5, and then you go in to the theater and it's a full service restaurant and bar.  You can sit at a table with nicely upholstered swivel chairs and watch the movie while you eat.  The food's a bit pricey, but it's a good experience.
Could you imagine eating and crying?  We're pretty seasoned BBM veterans but the first few times we saw it, if we ate, we would need abdominal thrusts to dislodge food from our tracheas! That theater is a great idea.  They have a few of those in the country. I believe in Chicago, there is a theater that charges for premium seating,  has a glass enclosed area and serves wine, etc.
To err is human, to forgive is canine

Offline Pug

• Jack n Ennis 4 Ever
  • Obsessed
« Reply #556 on: March 31, 2006, 07:07:12 AM »
I am buying 4 copies Tuesday morning. One at WalMart (hate the store but need to do it as a political gesture against the AFA-American Family Association) and 3 at Best Buy.  4 more days (3.5 if I buy it at midnight at the Walmart Superstore).

Offline paintedshoes

• Movie Lover
  • Obsessed
  • Well, I won't! "Til the next time, my friends!"
« Reply #557 on: March 31, 2006, 07:09:58 AM »
Pug, I'm dense this am.  Why is buying it at Wal-Mart a gesture against AFA?  I hate W-M, too, but maybe I needt o reconsider, also.
"Miracles do happen, dear friend(s).  Miracles are real."- Boris 
"There are only two things we know: the cosmos exists and we are imbedded within the cosmos.  Everything else is speculation and discovery."- Caithness's dad
Ing's space:Ingyllenhaal+Ingstier+Ing-Myster+Ingwer+IngCannesBabe+darlING

Offline Pug

• Jack n Ennis 4 Ever
  • Obsessed
« Reply #558 on: March 31, 2006, 07:15:31 AM »
paintedshoes, the American Family Association  is trying to pressure Walmart to not carry BBM because of its "homosexual agenda."

http://www.afa.net/

Offline Pug

• Jack n Ennis 4 Ever
  • Obsessed
« Reply #559 on: March 31, 2006, 07:16:46 AM »
Not eating and crying.  But definitely wine and tears.  I went to see it (many times) at the landmark arts theatre here and there is a bar attached that you can take your drink with you to the theatre.  Welp, when I sat down, three ladies sat next to me and they brought in a bucket with a bottle of white wine, three glasses and another bottle of red....by the time the movie was done, the lady next to me was tipsy and absolutely SOBBING!  She was a hoot to watch...she was a little woobly on her legs too when she tried to get up.  But all of us sitting around her were laughing because she was boo-hoo-ing for like 15 minutes after the movie ended.  (Maybe it was the wine?)

even those of us that were crying and teary-eyed and sniffly had pulled ourselves

love it!

Offline paintedshoes

• Movie Lover
  • Obsessed
  • Well, I won't! "Til the next time, my friends!"
« Reply #560 on: March 31, 2006, 07:20:14 AM »
Thank you for the info, Pug.  I'm going to Wal-Mart.  I'll grit my teeth and do it.
"Miracles do happen, dear friend(s).  Miracles are real."- Boris 
"There are only two things we know: the cosmos exists and we are imbedded within the cosmos.  Everything else is speculation and discovery."- Caithness's dad
Ing's space:Ingyllenhaal+Ingstier+Ing-Myster+Ingwer+IngCannesBabe+darlING

Offline Pug

• Jack n Ennis 4 Ever
  • Obsessed
« Reply #561 on: March 31, 2006, 07:24:10 AM »
paintedshoes,
Yeah, I hate Walmart too: the killer of American business, shitty employer, Old Soviet-style retail atmosphere etc but I need to buy there for the reason I stated.
Pug

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
  • Footsteps in my life....leave memories in my heart
« Reply #562 on: March 31, 2006, 08:11:27 AM »
paintedshoes, the American Family Association is trying to pressure Walmart to not carry BBM because of its "homosexual agenda."

Shit...that's it....I'm buying....................send all their asses a copy in the mail too. !!!!

Nellie :)
RICKY MARTIN ,tu eres mi Kiki !

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
  • Footsteps in my life....leave memories in my heart
« Reply #563 on: March 31, 2006, 08:14:03 AM »
paintedshoes, the American Family Association is trying to pressure Walmart to not carry BBM because of its "homosexual agenda."

Shit...that's it....I'm buying....................send all their asses a copy in the mail too. !!!!

Nellie :)

AND besides....Family is about TRUTH and ACCEPTANCE !!!!  America is about land of the FREE....... Bunch of dumb ass lyers !!!......hypocrites I tell ya !!!!
RICKY MARTIN ,tu eres mi Kiki !

Offline Pug

• Jack n Ennis 4 Ever
  • Obsessed
« Reply #564 on: March 31, 2006, 08:29:24 AM »
Same type of folks probably thought owning slaves and burning witches at the stake were good things to do too!

Offline Pug

• Jack n Ennis 4 Ever
  • Obsessed
« Reply #565 on: March 31, 2006, 08:30:48 AM »
Pug, I wanted to let you know that I've cross-posted that AFA info into other areas of the forum... perhaps one of the mods would make a global post if you asked them?

H.
good idea...

Offline trinket

• Mrs. Robinson
  • Obsessed
  • That ain't the point!
« Reply #566 on: March 31, 2006, 08:50:55 AM »

Could you imagine eating and crying? 

Yeah, I do it 3 times a day, I have 5 kids.
JAKE on his roll as 'Dastan' in 'The Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time' ~ "The appeal of playing this part for me was feeling that eight-year-old side of myself. . . . . .This was really an opportunity to go to that side of myself which I felt was a little tired of taking myself so seriously."

Offline trinket

• Mrs. Robinson
  • Obsessed
  • That ain't the point!
« Reply #567 on: March 31, 2006, 08:54:49 AM »
Personally, I'm just holding off until tuesday and then I'm going to drive to Target and BUY my copy.  lol.

But that's a cute little website for the theatre.  I hope it comes to our Cinema Grill - it only seats about 25 people, tickets are like $5, and then you go in to the theatre and it's a full service restaurant and bar.  You can sit at a table with nicely upholstered swivel chairs and watch the movie while you eat.  The food's a bit pricey, but it's a good experience.

You're right, that would be the smart thing for me to do!
I LOVE the idea of your locall Cinema Grill, I've never heard of that.
Would be SO COOL to have one where we live.
Hum, wonder how many bucks you would need to start something like that.  Need to ponder, doesn't cost ANYTHING to dream.    :)
Di
JAKE on his roll as 'Dastan' in 'The Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time' ~ "The appeal of playing this part for me was feeling that eight-year-old side of myself. . . . . .This was really an opportunity to go to that side of myself which I felt was a little tired of taking myself so seriously."

Offline trinket

• Mrs. Robinson
  • Obsessed
  • That ain't the point!
« Reply #568 on: March 31, 2006, 08:57:34 AM »
paintedshoes, the American Family Association  is trying to pressure Walmart to not carry BBM because of its "homosexual agenda."

Then the AFA better pressure Wal-Mart remove MOST of their movies...DUH!

Offline Lance

• Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #569 on: March 31, 2006, 09:27:14 AM »
non-thousand-poster jumpin in for a second to ask if Wal-Mart still has the policy of selling only movies with the sex scenes edited out?
May the bridges I burn light the way forward.